C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 92 MAP Sensor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 10:35 PM
FutureOWNR
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default FAST 92 MAP Sensor Issue

I am trying to install a FAST 92 because i thought it was going to bolt right in, but the MAP sensor hits the firewall. I tried to clearance the intake, but that was not enough so now I am looking for a MAP sensor relocation kit and I cannot find anything. Does anyone know where I can get one, or what parts would be needed to make my own. Here is a picture because we all like pictures. Thank you in advance.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:36 AM
tbrowne
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

Have you read this very recent link about the same problem?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...mm-intake.html
Old 11-08-2018, 08:08 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

looks good
The following users liked this post:
FutureOWNR (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 12:41 PM
FutureOWNR
Instructor

I saw that thread, but I can't even get the intake to sit right with the MAP sensor installed on the intake. I am wondering if there is a fitting that can be drilled into the hole in the back that would allow me to connect a vacuum hose to it. I have no issues with extending the wiring.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:45 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

you can do what you're thinking about, tap an npt fitting with a 1/4" barb end on it and use a small piece if vacuum hose to relocate the sensor... maybe you could get one with a 90 degree end in there and give you a better angle instead of straight up towards the cowl... I put a zr1 map sensor into my factory intake and the end is a bit bigger than the ls1 sensor, I had talked to my tuner about relocating it the same way and he told me to use the smallest piece of hose possible so it must matter somehow... maybe the longer the hose the longer it takes to get the reading?... I'm not really sure, it may also not be as important on a naturally aspirated setup... I ultimately chose to just drill out the intake to the proper size
Old 11-08-2018, 07:23 PM
FutureOWNR
Instructor

Originally Posted by neutron82
you can do what you're thinking about, tap an npt fitting with a 1/4" barb end on it and use a small piece if vacuum hose to relocate the sensor... maybe you could get one with a 90 degree end in there and give you a better angle instead of straight up towards the cowl... I put a zr1 map sensor into my factory intake and the end is a bit bigger than the ls1 sensor, I had talked to my tuner about relocating it the same way and he told me to use the smallest piece of hose possible so it must matter somehow... maybe the longer the hose the longer it takes to get the reading?... I'm not really sure, it may also not be as important on a naturally aspirated setup... I ultimately chose to just drill out the intake to the proper size
After you drill into the plastic intake, do you tap it for the threads on the npt fitting, or do you force the threads into the plastic?
Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

on mine I drilled it out and pressed the new sensor in, in your case you won't be able to do that if you are going to relocate it... if it were me I'd probably just drill it close to the size of the fitting you are going to use and then just tighten it up, if you use an npt fitting they are tapered so it will get tighter the further in it goes and you could use some silicone to help seal it up... if you shaved the sensor down do you think there would be enough room if you flipped it around so that the connector side is facing the driver side instead of the passenger side and then extend the connector wires?... hard to tell just judging by pics but that might work
The following users liked this post:
FutureOWNR (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:44 PM
FutureOWNR
Instructor

on mine I drilled it out and pressed the new sensor in, in your case you won't be able to do that if you are going to relocate it... if it were me I'd probably just drill it close to the size of the fitting you are going to use and then just tighten it up, if you use an npt fitting they are tapered so it will get tighter the further in it goes and you could use some silicone to help seal it up... if you shaved the sensor down do you think there would be enough room if you flipped it around so that the connector side is facing the driver side instead of the passenger side and then extend the connector wires?... hard to tell just judging by pics but that might work
Thank you Neutron82! I got it figured out. I used an npt fitting with 1/4 inch barb and it threaded in nicely with some silicone gasket maker.

I have decided I am going to Tee into the fuel line at the driver side front of the fuel rail. Do you know what size quick connect is needed to go from the factory fuel line to a -AN fitting? I would like to run the same -10 AN line to the Tee.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:53 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

awesome, glad you got that sorted out... the factory feed line is 3/8, they make some conversion fittings that snap on and some that screw on... personally I prefer the screw on type but if you get the snap on type make sure it uses a retainer clip like the factory line in case it ever tries to pop off
Old 11-10-2018, 01:28 PM
FutureOWNR
Instructor

awesome, glad you got that sorted out... the factory feed line is 3/8, they make some conversion fittings that snap on and some that screw on... personally I prefer the screw on type but if you get the snap on type make sure it uses a retainer clip like the factory line in case it ever tries to pop off

I am going to use a Swaglok fitting. Thanks for your help

Get notified of new replies

To FAST 92 MAP Sensor Issue

Quick Reply: FAST 92 MAP Sensor Issue