C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help finding EGR and fueltank pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 02:57 AM
Chopphead
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help finding EGR and fueltank pressure sensor

Hi,

I have had som issues with starting my Corvette -98, but with a new and flashed PCM the car starts again. Now, some codes to take car of since the car also wnt into reduced engine power.

I have the follwoing codes:
1) P0405 EGR valve position sensor circuit low voltage
2) P0452 Fueltank pressure sensor circuit low voltage

Can anyone please help me to locate those sensors, but also provide a link on a wiring diagram for the car.

Also, wher can I buy those sensor?

// Anders
Old 05-07-2019, 08:50 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Don't see a P0405 DTC...no EGR on the C5 !!...the FTP sensor is located behind the EVAP canister access cover after you remove the right rear "wheelhouse panel"...this is the wiring for my '

01 FTP sensor wiring..,a 5 volt ref, low ref (ground) and the signal wire !!...video in case you don't know how to check the circuit...very easy !!

Last edited by C5 Diag; 05-07-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:19 AM
oelarse
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 266 Likes on 202 Posts

Here is a drawing of the 2000 fuel system . It seems to me that the sensor is located on top of the LH tank (if I understand the drawing correct )

Old 05-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

The C5 LS1/LS6 does NOT have an EGR Valve or system. You do have an Air Injection Reactor (A.I.R.) system with an electric air pump that inject fresh air into the exhaust manifolds at cold start to help CAT Light OFF earlier but, that is nothing like an EGR valve or system.

How are you reading the DTCs?

Are you using the cars built in DTC reading routine that is accessed by using the Drivers Information Center buttons?

Don't know how a C5 would throw an EGR DTC. Doesn't make any sense. Is it a History DTC "H" or is it Current "C"

Can you clear it?

Bill
Old 05-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Chopphead
Heel & Toe

Hi, I have the P0405, EGR valve position sensor circuit low voltage code. I have cleared the memory several times, and it do pop up. I also check the codes through my Tech II, and same reply. So who is right? My car says I have it, and here you it doesnt... Would like to have this sorted out...

Thanks
Old 05-07-2019, 01:03 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopphead
Hi, I have the P0405, EGR valve position sensor circuit low voltage code. I have cleared the memory several times, and it do pop up. I also check the codes through my Tech II, and same reply. So who is right? My car says I have it, and here you it doesnt... Would like to have this sorted out...

Thanks
With these new PCM's during programming I believe you have to tell the PCM what RPO codes the car has...just thinking outside the box !!

Last edited by C5 Diag; 05-07-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 557 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by Chopphead

Thanks
To confirm the other statements, there is NO EGR system on the LS1/6 Corvette based motor....
You need to confirm what what type of vehicle and or LS1 engine flash was done to your PCM before trounlshoiting any systems...
Cheers,
Goose

Last edited by 69; 05-07-2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Spel
Old 05-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Chopphead
Heel & Toe

Ok, so I took it another round in my head... And it might be so that it is the new PCM / flashing that causes me this code, since it came out of a Camro -99. I loaded the data from a Corvette -98 through HP tuner, but might need to perform some adjustment of the codes...

Anyway, I still dont believe that this is the issue why I have reduced engine power. I still belive that the codes and Reduced engine power comes from faulty / low signal from some sensor. Anyone experienced a similar thing that could guide me on the sensors & location?
Old 05-07-2019, 02:12 PM
Chopphead
Heel & Toe

Ok, so I took it another round in my head... And it might be so that it is the new PCM / flashing that causes me this code, since it came out of a Camro -99. I loaded the data from a Corvette -98 through HP tuner, but might need to perform some adjustment of the codes...

Anyway, I still dont believe that this is the issue why I have reduced engine power. I still belive that the codes and Reduced engine power comes from faulty / low signal from some sensor. Anyone experienced a similar thing that could guide me on the sensors & location?
Old 05-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Absolutely correct.. The NON Y body LS cars, Camaro, Pontiac, GM Truck ect, use the same PCM and they have EGR Systems. Who ever did your PCM programming didn't program out the EGR reporting for the Y body Corvette. You can find a shop with a TECH 2 and I think they can program out that DTC reporting or reflash it to your VIN and it will not report the non Y body stuff.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Chopphead
Heel & Toe

Ok, thanks... I have a Tech II, so I will have a look...

But that still doesn't explain why I have the reduced engine power message, and a engine that goes like a bad lawnmover:-) I belive that it might be a faulty sensor or so that causes the low voltage signal, and reduced engine power.

Anyone that could help me out on the location for this engines sensors, or other tips?

// A

Get notified of new replies

To Help finding EGR and fueltank pressure sensor

Quick Reply: Help finding EGR and fueltank pressure sensor