C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Dominator DBW

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:12 PM
55chevr
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Holley Dominator DBW

1999 FRC preparing for LTA Land Speed Event. 4.8 engine .030 over Texas Speed Heads and cam. Holley Dominator stand alone EFI. Want to use the Holley DBW harness- what do I need. Would consider DBC as getting close to event need to get this done.
Joe
Old 06-16-2019, 02:30 PM
55chevr
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Appears I need a different throttle body and gas pedal to match the harness;

Throttle body  GM P/N - 12570790 or GM P/N - 12580760 is one better than the other?
Gas Pedal GM P/N - 10379038
Old 06-17-2019, 03:23 PM
02general
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow no responces??? It appears your question is above the knowledge of this site. If it’s not a fast intake with a big throttle body bolted on it, they probably don’t even know what a Holley carburetor is. I know what a Holley is but I can’t help you, I haven’t mixed any old school with the newer technology . Good luck with your project.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:22 PM
gimp
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 364 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by 02general
Wow no responces??? It appears your question is above the knowledge of this site. If it’s not a fast intake with a big throttle body bolted on it, they probably don’t even know what a Holley carburetor is. I know what a Holley is but I can’t help you, I haven’t mixed any old school with the newer technology . Good luck with your project.
That's a pretty condescending way to say that nobody who read this has experience with this specific, fairly rare setup. Nothing about the questions nor lack of response is worth the rudeness.

To OP: Good luck! If you do figure it out, please update us, so the knowledge is preserved.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:41 PM
TastyBacon
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 02general
For what it's worth, I know enough to tell you that he's talking about standalone EFI system, not a carburetor.

55chevr, I think you'll have more luck in the Forced Induction section of this forum, since that's where the majority of the guys running standalone setups are. LS1Tech would be another resource. Good luck!
Old 06-17-2019, 05:58 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 370 Likes on 317 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by TastyBacon
For what it's worth, I know enough to tell you that he's talking about standalone EFI system, not a carburetor.

55chevr, I think you'll have more luck in the Forced Induction section of this forum, since that's where the majority of the guys running standalone setups are. LS1Tech would be another resource. Good luck!
with the forced induction section and hope it does not get bounced back to here. LS1tech is another good option. C5 tech is not the place that would get responses for an aftermarket ECU as naturally aspirated street builds rarely need an aftermarket ECU in a C5.

I would say the autocross section but the aftermarket ECU guys usually jump directly to electromotive. G Speed has done Electromotive conversions but that is big money.

Last edited by 93Polo; 06-17-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:59 PM
jrob56
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Think youd have better luck contacting Holley in this case.

Get notified of new replies

To Holley Dominator DBW

Quick Reply: Holley Dominator DBW