C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch install write up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 01:10 PM
wango tango
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch install write up?

Where can I find the 'best' detailed walkthrough of a clutch install on my zo6?
Old 02-26-2004, 06:02 PM
luv2golf
Racer

Default Re: clutch install write up? (wango tango)

I just got finished doing mine. Check out my pics at the link below. I would suggest using the OEM manual. If you don't have it you will miss something. There are a bunch of good tips here. Just do a search for clutch in the archives here and see what comes up. Read the entire procedure in the manual at least 3 times. When your done, read it again. I was able to do mine with only the help of my wife to bleed the clutch. You will need some special tools. FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT YOU NEED A TRANSMISSION JACK! Not just a small floor jack with a transmision adaptor. Look a the one I used. I barrowed it from a friend who ownes a shop. You may be able to do it with a small. If you do use a floor jack and adaptor make sure it is large enough or that you use jack stands under the torque tube. With the jack I had I was able to roll it around by myself. If you use a smaller jack you will need two people to move it. Next you will need a Flywheel wrench, torque wrenches, (one in inlbs and one in ftlbs) large mm sockets, upto 21 or 22mm in 1/2 in drive, long 1/2" drive extention, I used 6 jack stand and two floor jacks. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. One tip, you do not need to take apart the rear end as much as they say. I just remove the upper control arms and upper shock mounts, and axiels from the rear end.
http://homepage.mac.com/luv2golf

[Modified by luv2golf, 11:05 PM 2/26/2004]
Old 02-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Coolvet
Racer

Default Re: clutch install write up? (luv2golf)

nice job! How well does that airfilter system work? Is it noisy?
Old 02-27-2004, 08:36 AM
luv2golf
Racer

Default Re: clutch install write up? (Coolvet)

No. I didn't noticed any difference from factory.

Get notified of new replies

To clutch install write up?

Quick Reply: clutch install write up?