C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 All Wheel Drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Coolvet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leaftye
Like I mentioned before, AWD is best for the porkly GTO. The last thing we need is extra weight. The Audi's are already aluminum and AWD. Look how much it costs for an aluminum frame on the C6 Z06, then tack on another $10K for AWD....no thanks! Now on the GTO, a car that will never be fast enough to compete with the Mustang, AWD would put it into a different category....one that I'd strongly consider paying for.
The GTO is made down here in Australia and is based around what we call a Monaro. There is a new Monaro just released and is fitted with an LS2 engine and an AWD system. I can't imagine how you could fit these components to a C5 though.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:17 AM
leaftye
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Coolvet, that's great news! What's the price difference between the old Monaro and the new AWD Monaro?
Old 02-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Matt Titus
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was me and I was looking at it to make the Corvette all-wheel-drive I would look into either the evil motor before G63 or an STI I think that would give you a little bit more room also with the STI motor since its the boxer it's low gravity and stuff like that on the 19th at 1 it through the Corvette off so much I think I would be your best choice would be like an STI motor with the transmission and I think you would have plenty of room then but I do agree the v818 work but I do agree the all-wheel drive would give you a lot of traction also the Corvettes very light so I think you would add a lot of cool things if it is possible to do I would go for it but if you can't do it maybe just drop a V12 and there just some suggestions
Old 02-06-2017, 01:38 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Titus
If it was me and I was looking at it to make the Corvette all-wheel-drive I would look into either the evil motor before G63 or an STI I think that would give you a little bit more room also with the STI motor since its the boxer it's low gravity and stuff like that on the 19th at 1 it through the Corvette off so much I think I would be your best choice would be like an STI motor with the transmission and I think you would have plenty of room then but I do agree the v818 work but I do agree the all-wheel drive would give you a lot of traction also the Corvettes very light so I think you would add a lot of cool things if it is possible to do I would go for it but if you can't do it maybe just drop a V12 and there just some suggestions
Thread is 12 years old, OP hasn't posted since 2015... might not get a response.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Matt Titus
Please don't revive such old threads.

Quick Reply: C5 All Wheel Drive