C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a Taste of Ricer Power...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 324 Likes on 155 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Originally Posted by Lazerwolfe
Car guys are car guys regardless of budget.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:39 PM
VANISH
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't waste my time or gas with any ricer.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:19 PM
jdavis
Drifting

The majority of these Asian cars are posers with a bumble bee exhaust system, decals, spoiler, rims, etc. However, I agree with others that some of these "ricers" can hand you your a$$ at the end of the quarter.
The Mitsubishi Evo can turn 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds out of the box. The Subaru STI is also capable of some serious performance in stock form. I personally would rather drive most anything else other than this type of car but you have to give them their due. They can go like stink and when modified some can become little monsters.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:31 PM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Datawiz
Car guys are car guys regardless of budget.
Great story - the ricer guy gets my respect because he's done the most with what he has (or can afford) and just because he's another car guy who appreciates a good machine like a piece of art.

Personally I really like going to car shows where these japanese cars are modded to the max -- shows ingenuity and creativity.

I think most guys in here have their heads on straight -- don't disrespect a good car lover just because he doesn't have your wallet. We're all just one divorce away from driving ricers, after all
Old 06-19-2005, 10:38 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobile Man
Don't be snobs about car guys who make other choices or do not have your bank account.
I do mind when these guys race up behind you and tailgate like they have something to prove. Something tells me their gene pool needs a little chlorine.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

Originally Posted by bugman
I think most guys in here have their heads on straight
I think most are too eager to categorize people and then write them off, unfortunately.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:55 PM
VANISH
Racer

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
I do mind when these guys race up behind you and tailgate like they have something to prove. Something tells me their gene pool needs a little chlorine.

It seems that every time im out on the road and a ricer spot’s me, they always seem like they have something to prove. If your car is that fast, great, please leave your "Fast and Furious" attitude at the track. Show off all you want there, but please keep it off the streets. Street racing is illegal and very dangerous to not only yourself but to innocent people on the road. The only problem I have with ricers is that they always seem to be causing the most problems out on public roads. There is no need for it when there are places you can go to track your car.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:41 PM
digicom1
Instructor

Originally Posted by VANISH

It seems that every time im out on the road and a ricer spot’s me, they always seem like they have something to prove. If your car is that fast, great, please leave your "Fast and Furious" attitude at the track. Show off all you want there, but please keep it off the streets. Street racing is illegal and very dangerous to not only yourself but to innocent people on the road. The only problem I have with ricers is that they always seem to be causing the most problems out on public roads. There is no need for it when there are places you can go to track your car.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Stangar
Racer

Originally Posted by jdavis
The majority of these Asian cars are posers with a bumble bee exhaust system, decals, spoiler, rims, etc. However, I agree with others that some of these "ricers" can hand you your a$$ at the end of the quarter.
The Mitsubishi Evo can turn 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds out of the box. The Subaru STI is also capable of some serious performance in stock form. I personally would rather drive most anything else other than this type of car but you have to give them their due. They can go like stink and when modified some can become little monsters.
I gotta add that they are a blast/fun to drive. Mitsu Lancer Evo 8 is a car that is ALIVE. If you test drive one, I think you will be very impressed and look at that giant ol' bus steering wheel in your C6 in a very different way.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:11 AM
richbell
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ricer up my azz most times = car guy wanting competition and showing out.

Beamer up my azz most times = jealous yuppie who can't change a tire but can't stand the fact that the C6 is an American car and a hard act to follow.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:34 AM
RC51Driver
Advanced

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL662...0/91793576.jpg
http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL662...0/78554679.jpg
Okay the pictures were added just as a qualifier. Now that I've established that I drive both a new C6 and a Ricer. That second picture of the STi was taken when it was new. It currently puts down 380 HP to all four wheels and runs a full coil over package among other suspension goods. I'll flat walk away from a current model Z06 or C6 through third gear, well not walk away, but I'll pull about a half to a full car length. Once the Vette reaches top of third going into fourth, well that big V8 starts to punish me. Now on a road course obviously drivers are more important here, but I drive for a living and have friends that do and well we are pretty quick on a track. My buddies 04 Z06 which is stock, gets it's *** handed to him on a road course. Yeah he'll pull me on the straights because let's face it, that STi uncorked tops out at 163 MPH. But in the twisites he's toast. Two great cars. One is a big mallet, the other a scalpel. I love hearing biased American Muscle guys point at all Japanese Cars and yell Ricers. Yeah the Honda Civic guys for the most part aren't very quick, but you take a guy, or girl, driving an Evo VIII or an STi that has been slightly modded, and you are gonna pay.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:13 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RC51Driver
[url]Yeah the Honda Civic guys for the most part aren't very quick, but you take a guy, or girl, driving an Evo VIII or an STi that has been slightly modded, and you are gonna pay.
A co-worker has a STi. It would eat my 350Z for lunch, but I can hold my own against it with the Corvette. Impressive little car, but hp will out.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:17 AM
Mobile Man
Instructor

Default Horses for Courses...

I love 'em all!! I wish I was like Jay Leno and could have a large collection with a crew maintaining them. Failing that ( :o ) I will just target as many fun ones in my price range as possible. The brand snobbery on this board is just so unnecessary. Instead of this OR that, why not this AND that!

I don't listen to only one kind of music, or eat one kind of food. I don't want to drive one kind of car, either.

BTW, rice is nice. It goes with Cajun, Thai, Chinese, Indian, and Mexican food. Yummm!!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:22 AM
ClarenceT
Drifting

Originally Posted by U2bassAce
No replacement for displacement!!!
That's actually true.

FI mods, such as a turbo/super charger are ways of incresing volumetric efficiency, or technically increasing displaceemnt. Just NA it's on tap, FI typically has a delay.

Not a cliche guys, it's technically true in all cases (even though it was probably designed to simply imply physical displacement)
Old 06-20-2005, 07:49 AM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 509 Likes on 345 Posts

I love 'em all!! I wish I was like Jay Leno and could have a large collection with a crew maintaining them. Failing that ( :o ) I will just target as many fun ones in my price range as possible. The brand snobbery on this board is just so unnecessary. Instead of this OR that, why not this AND that!

I don't listen to only one kind of music, or eat one kind of food. I don't want to drive one kind of car, either.

BTW, rice is nice. It goes with Cajun, Thai, Chinese, Indian, and Mexican food. Yummm!!
Now I must get some Dim sum!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:55 AM
6speedC6
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
Anybody can mod anything to be faster than anything else. Stock to stock is all that matters to me. They are quick for the first 60' because of their AWD. After that, it's "adios MF'r".
Old 06-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Barely Legal
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeffjett
I love the huge wing on the back of a front wheel drive ricer
I love the wheelie bar they run at the drag strip on the back of a FWD ricer.

I've owned both rice and muscle as well. The rice is ok, but just feels all wrung out and boy racerish. And who wants to hang around with those hacks that just sit there and gab about all white people being red necks.

They are all proud of their ability to put a turbo on something, strip out the interior and go kinda quick. Put a turbo on a Z06 or a Viper.

Last edited by Barely Legal; 06-20-2005 at 08:26 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Got a Taste of Ricer Power...

Old 06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't be snobs about car guys who make other choices or do not have your bank account.
Geez, I can't let this go by. It has nothing to do with snobbery, and everything to do with the fact that the vast majority of these souped up ricers are driven by snot-nosed, macho little punks... They attract derison...
Old 06-20-2005, 10:33 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzlove
Geez, I can't let this go by. It has nothing to do with snobbery, and everything to do with the fact that the vast majority of these souped up ricers are driven by snot-nosed, macho little punks... They attract derison...
With super loud ,blastbox sound systems.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
jmess
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my day snot nosed punks had v8s with loud exhaust, wide tires in back, and an 8 track blaring away. We may have had a little more civility but we were still snot nosed punks.

Quick Reply: Got a Taste of Ricer Power...