C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else want a real key ---> RANT

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 12:29 AM
gpm30236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone else want a real key ---> RANT

Have one of the early production C6 precision red Z51 . Love the car esp on the track . But am becoming almost violent about the keyless entry and fob for starting and stopping the car. Have had to resort to using the emergency release in the trunk whenever i need to get into this car of course that means hearing the horn sound the alarm whenever i enter. Thankfully no rain lately not that easy to quickly put the key in the slot over the tag but am learning . Have the fob in my hand, pocket , etc. within 6 inches of the door try the remote unlock , and still cannot get into the car. Once in the car , NO FOB DETECTED. and worse when i try to turn it off the same message. I really dont like paying 50K for a car that can't be entered,started , and turned off without cussing the thing. what happened to the reliable key from my C3 and C5 . would love to have the guts of this insane system ripped out and a simple functional key installed. Have apopintment for next wed at the dealer , This on top of mulitiple dead batteries. Has anyone else had this problem ?
Old 09-23-2005, 12:42 AM
jeffgdula
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gpm30236
Have one of the early production C6 precision red Z51 . Love the car esp on the track . But am becoming almost violent about the keyless entry and fob for starting and stopping the car. Have had to resort to using the emergency release in the trunk whenever i need to get into this car of course that means hearing the horn sound the alarm whenever i enter. Thankfully no rain lately not that easy to quickly put the key in the slot over the tag but am learning . Have the fob in my hand, pocket , etc. within 6 inches of the door try the remote unlock , and still cannot get into the car. Once in the car , NO FOB DETECTED. and worse when i try to turn it off the same message. I really dont like paying 50K for a car that can't be entered,started , and turned off without cussing the thing. what happened to the reliable key from my C3 and C5 . would love to have the guts of this insane system ripped out and a simple functional key installed. Have apopintment for next wed at the dealer , This on top of mulitiple dead batteries. Has anyone else had this problem ?
not me. I love the keyless entry, but Im sure Id be having second thoughts if I were having the problems it sounds like you are. Best of luck getting ti fixed.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:43 AM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Try to be patient, GM is just following the electronics gizmo trend. Yes, a simple key will make things a lot simpler, but you'll get gazillion people complaining about GM being behind this technology. Hopefully the dealer will get the gremlins out of your cars.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:59 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I know that this is a long shot, but when did you last replace the battery in your fob?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:21 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I feel your pain man. The fob works most of the time with my car, but the times it doesn't are really aggravating. We shouldn't have to put up with this.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:24 AM
Low12s
Team Owner

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine always "hits", but sometimes only the lights flash on - no starty. A couple of pushes later and it starts. Not sure why
Old 09-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Love all the technology, No problems here. Sorry to hear yours is a pita.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:33 AM
Terry59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Low12s
Mine always "hits", but sometimes only the lights flash on - no starty. A couple of pushes later and it starts. Not sure why
I've only had my coupe for about a month and was experiencing the same condition for the first couple of weeks. However, I have found that if I consciously and hopefully soon unconsciously depress the clutch firmly to the floor, before each start, it has never failed since. There seems to be a little resistance before the clutch is a the bottom end of it's travel. And when I meet that resistance the car starts every time.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Nel727
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Guitarstar
Love all the technology, No problems here. Sorry to hear yours is a pita.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 AM
bj33813
Racer

Never had a problem...see your dealer NOW !
Old 09-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Never had a problem with the fob
Old 09-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gpm30236
anyone else want a real key
No thanks...I'm good!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Mayonayze
Le Mans Master

Location: Prepare yourself, for a pride obliterating bich smack. Fairfax, VA
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08
SEC > BCS 4 St. Judes '09

i'll hold onto to my keyless. thanks!

i never realized how annoying it was to have my keys dangling in the ignition over my right leg and swinging around all crazy-like when i got squirrely with it.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:11 AM
CROWVETTE
Racer

Love mine. Only very minor problem was when wife had her fob in her purse and she opens the passenger door first, all setting are hers. You have to both get out and away from car and then I open the door first.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:24 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bj33813
Never had a problem...see your dealer NOW !
I agree completely.

Keyless entry is like any other feature on the car...it's NOT a hit or miss event; it either works like it's supposed to work, or you don't have the feature...period.

You should find a dealer that can diagnose and fix the problem. Ripping it out for old key technology, or bitchin' in frustration is NOT the answer if it's working for the rest of us.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Flareside
Safety Car

Keep the cheezy gizmos and give me a more reliable car. I woundn't miss the keyless system for a minute.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:17 AM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Low12s
mine's done that a couple times, but I realized I didn't have the clutch completely in, just almost in.

Get notified of new replies

To anyone else want a real key ---> RANT

Old 09-23-2005, 11:21 AM
FLC6
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I would sell my Vette if it had a real key

I love it so much I sleep with it at night.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Derail
Racer

Originally Posted by vetteship
Try to be patient, GM is just following the electronics gizmo trend. Yes, a simple key will make things a lot simpler, but you'll get gazillion people complaining about GM being behind this technology. Hopefully the dealer will get the gremlins out of your cars.

Never had a problem. If it still used a key there would be so many people crying about how GM can never seem to lead with it's flagship, you would think for 55K GM would offer something that isn't available in a Malibu. The key is poking a hole in my pocket, the FOB is leaving a mark where it dangles on the dash.

If your are having problems then get it fixed. Whining about a key is not going to help.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Buffy
Drifting

Originally Posted by CROWVETTE
Love mine. Only very minor problem was when wife had her fob in her purse and she opens the passenger door first, all setting are hers. You have to both get out and away from car and then I open the door first.
No, just press the "1" (or "2") button on the driver's door. That'll recall the settings.

Quick Reply: anyone else want a real key ---> RANT