C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, just how does a dealer get an allocation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

\
Originally Posted by Tommy T.
I found out about the allocation process from this forum. When I was ready to order (Sep 04), I visited 5 local dealers on a Friday. The dealers get their allocations on Thursdays. The largest volume Corvette dealer claimed he didn't know when he would get an allocation. Most others said the same. One small volume inner city dealer had an allocation. He showed me the paper work including constraints. Nothing I wanted to order was on constraint. I wrote out a deposit check, watched the sales manager enter my order in the computer, coded as pre-sold. He then printed out my accepted order with number and gave it to me. I drove away with my car 34 days later.

The real key is to find a straight-up, honest dealership (like forum dealers), ask if they have an allocation, what is on constraint and go for it.

Tom T.
Thats the way its done.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:10 PM
mforman42
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy T.
The real key is to find a straight-up, honest dealership (like forum dealers), ask if they have an allocation, what is on constraint and go for it.

Tom T.

When I lived in Colorado, I had a local, small town dealer who helped me through the maze on more than one occasion. In those days, before computers became so widespread, the inventory manager (who was also the owner's son) had to wait for a response from a batch system 48 hours after an order was entered. Still, never a problem getting a car that was in short supply, including my then-new '84 Vette.

Old 10-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Josepy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard this same story too many times. Everytime I do an order I give the customer their order number and then a few weeks later I give them their Target Production Week. I promise every customer they will never tell someone this story about me.

Quick Reply: So, just how does a dealer get an allocation?