C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats a ZHZ(package) Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Deserteagle83
Bigger, Blacker, Faster
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikesul
I like it as it puts more Vettes for rent when I need one traveling out of town. Allows me to fly into LA and drive round trip to WA state to visit friends. Beautiful scenery, great car, and no miles on my Vette at home. Before this you could only rent a vert, which has little storage for a two week trip.

I agree 100%
Old 05-05-2008, 03:15 PM
VETFOR4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was down in KY last week and about an hour north of BG we saw a full trailer load of yellow coupes all with chrome wheels going north. It got my curiosity up so I called Harry at Kerbeck and asked him if they were having a yellow sale. He told me about the Hertz cars and at first I thought he was kidding(Harry pull my leg,never), but he said he swore on a stack off Corvette brochures that it was true. First I had heard of it.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
SVTMADMAN
Racer

Glad my freind and i could help shed alittle light on this subject...i wonder how this would work out on a track day?
Old 05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
To each their own but IMO those wheels are atrocious.
they look very cheap
Old 05-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Scoob
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what's the badge for the Vettes at Avis, ZAV?
Old 05-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Back in 2007 I rented verts from Hertz on 3 different business trips in Tampa. Each time I got a different one & they were all low mileage 2007 models & like new.

I'm renting one of these yellow ZHZ coupes in Houston from 5/30/08 - 6/7/08. I was hoping that the Hertz coupe wasn't actually yellow with the black stripes, like the pic on their website shows. But this thread confirms my fears. I also agree those are some ugly wheels.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to live with it, though I'd rather rent a regular looking vert than a bumblebee with ugly wheels. At least I'll be paying for the rental with American Express reward certificates, like I did for the 3 verts in Tampa. I guess it's not a bad use of some Amex reward points.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Bill
as many as Kerbeck orders, then why not: ZKB

just a thought.....
Don't think I didn't ask! They told me if I were willing to buy 500 and equip them with some options they needed to get rid of like Hertz I could have a Kerbeck Edition!

By the way, does anyone remember the Malcom Konner edition? MK was at one time the #1 Corvette dealer (with a big target on his back ) He had a two tone Silver Beige and Black car. I think it was 1986 and the option code was something like 4000ZA!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Hertz45emp
8th Gear

Default Z-HZ Corvette

Originally Posted by SVTMADMAN
I have searched and havent seen any mentions. I personaly looked at her on a trailer FULL of vetts going to the dealers when i noticed an odd looking yellow bird in the middle with wheels like ive never seen. After a closer look the window sticker say not for sale or display(?)

embroidered arm rest, head rest and black (427) stripes with painted Ron Fellows rear spoiler for starters. ZHZ on the fenders.

A good freind is posting pics shortly. LOOK for them.
The Corvette you saw was just 1 of 1000 that Hertz RAC purchased for rentals. We did this for the last two years with Shelby Mustang Hard Top and Conv. We also did this with a 1966 Shelby Mustang back in tha day. Special badges and such..... I am a mgr in TX and we rec'd 10 of them over the last couple of weeks and they are beautiful. I must say that I love the color scheme and it more reflects Hertz' colors than the black and gold 'Stangs. Let me know if you have any other ???

Quick Reply: Whats a ZHZ(package) Corvette?