C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Corvette X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:12 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by ProgGod
08 vipers have no X pipe at all, they don't even connect. Older ones have an Xpipe which is one of the primary reasons you have all the heat issues in the cabin. First thing I did with my viper was eliminate the X pipe.
My buddies dad (last gen Viper) has the pipes "cross" under the car. They remain two seperate pipes, but they "go over" each other. So it looks like an X-pipe but it isn't.

I assumed it was stock, but he has done enough to the car so he may have added them. My buddy told me that his dad said they did that to "extend the length" of the pipe for a better note. He works for Chrysler on Engines (just not the Viper Engine) so I assumed he wasn't talking out of his butt.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
ProgGod
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheTrot
My buddies dad (last gen Viper) has the pipes "cross" under the car. They remain two seperate pipes, but they "go over" each other. So it looks like an X-pipe but it isn't.

I assumed it was stock, but he has done enough to the car so he may have added them. My buddy told me that his dad said they did that to "extend the length" of the pipe for a better note. He works for Chrysler on Engines (just not the Viper Engine) so I assumed he wasn't talking out of his butt.
Not sure, I replaced mine with pipes that just go straight out the sides and don't cross at all. Dropped temp in car like 30 degrees, plus sounded better. Of course the high flow cats also helped with that.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 PM
FIREMANMIKE
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a big part of a Vipers sound is the side pipes. You only hear 5 of the cylinders at a time. I know there bad *** cars but I do not like the sound. Reminds me of a blender!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 Corvette X-pipe