C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather seats wrinking with deep creases

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 AM
bigsteff
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It may also have something to do with *** size and movement !!!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:19 AM
G Alex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My o7 is creased up like a sharpei puppy and I am fit and get in and out without beating the seat up. The leather or the support is @hit and always has been.

btw, 3 series Bimmers with Sport Packages have true leather seats and they are GREAT seats. I wish the seats were sturdier than they are.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:28 AM
beaversstonehaven
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

I have the usual wear on the bolster but the seats themselves look almost brand new on my titanium '06 with 58,000 mostly highway miles. By the way.....I only clean them with a damp micro-fiber towel. No cleaners or solutions have ever been applied to the seats.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:29 AM
LMB 4 ME
Safety Car

Location: Boca Raton Inlet, Atlantic Ocean (Floridas east coast)

Originally Posted by HawaiiC6
Now if GM would use the same quality leather that BMW and Mercedes uses then there would be no wrinkles. But then again you would be adding another $10K to the price tag.
Besides I love my seats.

One is totally smooth and perfect, the other (driver side) looks just like yours however after 2 years 8 months it looks no worse then the day I bought it and its my DD. Im sure it will hold up just fine.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:10 AM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdsz
My fat *** weighs 270 and my 2 tone black-cashmere seats are already wrinkling on my '09 which is only 2 weeks old. Interestingly, my '04 had very minimal wrinkling, as noted by an earlier poster, I think the finish was "slicker" on the C5's.
No. I weight 150lbs and this is what my 2003 Z06 looked like with 15K miles:

Old 07-16-2008, 02:23 AM
neveroffline
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it parked in the sun? Do you use a leather protectant? I used both Zaino leather products on my C5 and I got rid of creases but this was a weekly chore as I had it baking in the sun for times of the day.

My C6 isn't showing the same signs (yet), but I will continue to treat the leather as it won't treat itself. The way I look at it, if you wash outside, wash inside, and treat the leather. The leather needs moisture esp if left in the sun and cooked for hours on end.

I do miss the corvette logo on my seats though. Why they got rid of that is beyond me. Saved what $2 in stitching?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:02 AM
ryoder
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

My car has 700 miles and the driver's seat is wrinkled. I never treated the leather when I bought it and I noticed that when I get in, it tends to stick to my legs and that is probably causing the wrinkles.

Also, I left a gym bag with sneakers, shorts and tshirt on the pass seat for 2 days and the leather is dimpled in two places from that. I wish I had conditioned them when I first took delivery.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 AM
mickeykelley
Burning Brakes

I have the 4LT picked up in April and noticed the same thing after the first day of driving. If you notice, the creases all go the same way. This is a result of getting in and down which pushes the seat in that direction. To solve the problem in mine, after I get in, I use the dead peddle to push my butt up a little and reach under with my left hand to 'smooth' the seat bottom back towards the door. After doing it a few times, the wrinkles are gone, but I started that with mine before the wrinkles were deep and set. After a few times, it really is not a big deal considering I want to keep it nice. Maybe the leather is poor quality and GM should address, but for now, IT IS WHAT IT IS and my bitching will not change anything for MY car. Maybe in the future they will address but probably not. My Suburban and wife's Avalanche also show some of this but not as bad. Of course they do not have you falling into the car. I also learned for others here to use my left hand on the bolster as I 'SIT' down instead of just 'FALLING' down. This also helps work the muscles in the legs, abs, etc. so I can shave a few minutes off my workout at the gym.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
carnut08
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by viet630
I've had my 08 since new years and no problem! It s black!
Got my '08 on 9/17/07. 6,300 miles. No issues. I've used Ice Interior Cleaner once. The car is Black with ebony seats.

I don't sit on the side bolster and slide into the car, though. Other forum members have warned how that destroys the side bolster and I read the caution here before I got the car. Other than that I don't take any special precautions.

Quite a few members talk about how they think the seats themselves are poorly designed. I have a bad lower back and I love the seats. I don't think they would be comfortable for really heavy guys though. I'm 5'11" and 180 lbs. The seats feel like they were custom fit for me.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 PM
walterm32
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Lexol on my z every other week and used it in my 05 z51 and think it works great. It takes about 10 minutes and definitely helps keep the leather look newer.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 PM
joliett
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Remember guys, this crease in the seat bottom happened when the car was only HOURS old - not weeks, not YEARS - HOURS.

I called KERBECK hours after I picked the car up and my salesman said if it doesnt go away it will be replaced - although the crease hasnt gone away and it hasnt been replaced yet.

We will see what happens...but I CAN GUARANTEE everyone, the leather will be replaced.

I will let you all know what happens.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:40 PM
walterm32
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Its only a $220 part. IMO the car being hours old there should be no hesitation in them replacing it.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by carnut08
Got my '08 on 9/17/07. 6,300 miles. No issues. I've used Ice Interior Cleaner once. The car is Black with ebony seats.

I don't sit on the side bolster and slide into the car, though. Other forum members have warned how that destroys the side bolster and I read the caution here before I got the car. Other than that I don't take any special precautions.

Quite a few members talk about how they think the seats themselves are poorly designed. I have a bad lower back and I love the seats. I don't think they would be comfortable for really heavy guys though. I'm 5'11" and 180 lbs. The seats feel like they were custom fit for me.
I don't know I'm about 40lbs heavier and a little shorter and I love them also. I could drive the Corvette all day and have done so before without a problem. I also have a bad back and a few other bad joints to go along with it.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:38 PM
GQMGT
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

What ever happened to fine Corinthian leather ??
Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 AM
ryoder
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

If I could get a perfect color match, I'd replace the driver's seat cover with finer quality leather and leave the rest of the car alone. I try to be gentle when sitting on these seats but I still got the creases.
My leather couch at home was 999 from american signature and it has no creases and the leather quality feels much better.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:34 AM
ORANGEC6VERT
Racer

I have only ever had 3LT models with the "supposedly" better seats, but I have never had a problem with my leather. Warranty will cover replacement. The leather may come folded up, but if you lay it out in the sun, and install it correctly, it should look the way it is meant to. Don't let correctible items tarnish your Vette ownership!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Z'ha'dum
Le Mans Master

Location: I tell people I'm from Detroit...but nobody really lives IN Detroit
St. Jude Donor '13

2 years & no problem here

Get notified of new replies

To Leather seats wrinking with deep creases

Old 07-17-2008, 09:33 AM
MojaveVette
Racer

Originally Posted by G Alex
My o7 is creased up like a sharpei puppy and I am fit and get in and out without beating the seat up. The leather or the support is @hit and always has been.

btw, 3 series Bimmers with Sport Packages have true leather seats and they are GREAT seats. I wish the seats were sturdier than they are.
My 335i leather seats are great and no creases ,but the leather conditioner I use from Chemical Brothers made them better than new.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:56 AM
eagle93
Pro

I use lots of Zaino "leather in a bottle" - gotta keep the leather moist
Old 07-17-2008, 11:55 AM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GQMGT
What ever happened to fine Corinthian leather ??
What ever happened to Ricardo Montalban?

Anyhoo, I've been using Zaino Leather treatment every few weeks since day one (in April 2007), and my two-tone seats have no deep wrinkles, and virtually no wrinkles at all. It's my DD.

Quick Reply: Leather seats wrinking with deep creases