C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette forum rules over others

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:52 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

This forum is hot. Lots of activity and traffic which is good. Other corvette forums are dead along with Mustang forums.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:38 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 125 Posts

Sorry to disagree with most of you maybe all,but here's my take.I like this site it does provide me lots of information. But l like the other corvette sites as well. There not any worse or better in most cases just different. The corvette community is certainly large enough to encompass different interpretations of what makes a corvette corvette. No one is any better or worse than the other. I think we spend way to much time tooting our site and not more time spreading the passion we call corvette.
I belong to this site as well as D/C also the ZO6 forum,all supply me with much enjoyment and information. But I don't think one is any better than the other.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:46 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by stillcrazy
Sorry to disagree with most of you maybe all,but here's my take.I like this site it does provide me lots of information. But l like the other corvette sites as well. There not any worse or better in most cases just different. The corvette community is certainly large enough to encompass different interpretations of what makes a corvette corvette. No one is any better or worse than the other. I think we spend way to much time tooting our site and not more time spreading the passion we call corvette.
I belong to this site as well as D/C also the ZO6 forum,all supply me with much enjoyment and information. But I don't think one is any better than the other.
I'm a member of another forum that I'll visit first before coming here. The owners have different goals.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Jeff78
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
I see this thread getting locked also and probably should since the OP doesn't even own a C6. Must be pretty boring on the Bimmer forum.
The OP went on a differnt Corvette forum and slammed this one.
http://www.smokinvette.com/corvettef...ad.php?t=29696
Old 12-13-2009, 04:43 PM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff78
GREAT find!....His words there simply speak for themselves and he claims he got banned by the moderators for nothing....he has had two time outs here for calling other members names and for unwarranted personal attacks....He added little to this forum when he was here (and actually owned a Corvette) and for him to come on here and say what a great place it is.....is simply wierd....the BMW forum may not have welcomed him with open arms, what do you think????
IRIDELOW....your personal attacks here and your past behavior here must be held up to the light of day. You have a long way to go before you are going to be accepted here by those who know you.
If you have learned anything, then your response to this post will tell. I would welcome you back if that is the case.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C6NRED
GREAT find!....His words there simply speak for themselves and he claims he got banned by the moderators for nothing....he has had two time outs here for calling other members names and for unwarranted personal attacks....He added little to this forum when he was here (and actually owned a Corvette) and for him to come on here and say what a great place it is.....is simply wierd....the BMW forum may not have welcomed him with open arms, what do you think????
IRIDELOW....your personal attacks here and your past behavior here must be held up to the light of day. You have a long way to go before you are going to be accepted here by those who know you.
If you have learned anything, then your response to this post will tell. I would welcome you back if that is the case.
Outstanding post.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by stillcrazy
Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
I'm a member of another forum that I'll visit first before coming here. The owners have different goals.
The appeal of this site is there's lots of action. The other sites aren't as active.

not only a slam on the site, but also a slam on membership!

Originally Posted by C6NRED
IRIDE.LOW....your personal attacks here and your past behavior here must be held up to the light of day. You have a long way to go before you are going to be accepted here by those who know you.
More good stuff!! --> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/othe...hase-this.html
Old 12-13-2009, 05:59 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Old 12-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raazor
The appeal of this site is there's lots of action. The other sites aren't as active.

Funny stuff Raaz. I thought NP would lay low and at some point be able to come back as a vendor. I guess I thought wrong.

Iridelow...The poor victim.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:41 PM
dwiemers
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this thread is getting interesting! I think this is the best forum ever... A long time ago I was on the 350Z forum, and they are good guys, but the knowledge base here is outstanding. Also, everyone is very supportive.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Corvette_Outlaw
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 12-13-2009, 07:49 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

I haven't felt the need to peruse many other forums, but this one is so well-managed and has so much information that it probably is the best auto-related forum on the internet.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,128 Likes on 730 Posts

Busted!!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:11 AM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

sad thing is, this guy is allowed to carry a loaded gun.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by iridelow
As a member of this form for years, and a past owner of numerous vettes, I have found that the Corvette forum and it's members are 10 times better than other forums. As many know, I sold my C6 and bought BMW and even though I love the new car, the other forums seem to just stink. They don't have much "real" knowledge about their cars(as this form does) and it seems like their are more "kids" or at least young people that follow the other forms. Most of the threads seem to be "kill stories' or "look at my new spoiler" threads. Anyway, I miss the good tech talk and knowledge about the car, A forum should have like this one! You guys got it made! Later...
Well, I guess this post is a bit odd given that the OP was recently so critical of this board. Perhaps, as emotions cooled, reason took over and the simple facts became clear again ... this forum, for all its flaws, is still the most active and informative Corvette board available to Corvette enthusiasts. This is THE Corvette board.

This board is far from perfect; some mods can be way too "trigger happy" in suspending or banning members, some members can get personal and offensive in their posts, some posts are the same subject rehashed umpteen times. All this, however, is not unusual for any active Internet board. Other boards have similar or different issues; none can even approach perfection ... if there is such a thing. I belong to a few other Vette forums, but am seldom active on any of them. I get tired of all their pointless kill threads, the use of inappropriate language, and the often childish behavior of members. I'm one of those prudes who doesn't think the use of foul or objectionable language makes a board desirable ... especially when every post is open to the entire public. To me, it just reflects poorly on the character of the poster.

I have nothing against the OP and, as a former Z3 and Z4 owner myself, certainly have nothing against anyone owning and enjoying BMW vehicles. I think his original post about getting the MZ4 just got out of hand and he reacted in a manner which only made it worse. That obviously was not his intent, since he is a former Corvette owner and never once said a bad word about any Vette. I've had worse things to say about my C6's than he did in that post.

I'm fine with the OP coming back here and resuming posting. He made some mistakes and said some things here and elsewhere that I'm sure he regrets now. He can contribute and is a car enthusiast, as well as a former Vette owner. Let me publically be one of the few who will say welcome back ... just keep a better handle on your expressed emotions in the future and all should be fine.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:47 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 212 Likes on 92 Posts

Do some more searches! You will find numerous members who got pissed at mods for different things....READ carefully, I was pissed about geetiing a timeout for saying a word!!! One word! Not for bashing all members but a certain one!!!! The same member many of you have bashed or had run' ins with! Look hard, you will find dozens of members from this site that went to the other one for the same reason. Also look at the date, it was a long time ago. can any of you say you never got mad about a certain post or situation! I love all the saints that think thier *** does not stint! I guess i could stoop to the same level and dig up dirt on everyone that's doing the same to me, but i will let you live in your glass house. Besides, me and that certain mod, that I did NOT name, worked things out in private...NOT on a public board!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by StanNH
Well, I guess this post is a bit odd given that the OP was recently so critical of this board. Perhaps, as emotions cooled, reason took over and the simple facts became clear again ... this forum, for all its flaws, is still the most active and informative Corvette board available to Corvette enthusiasts. This is THE Corvette board.

This board is far from perfect; some mods can be way too "trigger happy" in suspending or banning members, some members can get personal and offensive in their posts, some posts are the same subject rehashed umpteen times. All this, however, is not unusual for any active Internet board. Other boards have similar or different issues; none can even approach perfection ... if there is such a thing. I belong to a few other Vette forums, but am seldom active on any of them. I get tired of all their pointless kill threads, the use of inappropriate language, and the often childish behavior of members. I'm one of those prudes who doesn't think the use of foul or objectionable language makes a board desirable ... especially when every post is open to the entire public. To me, it just reflects poorly on the character of the poster.

I have nothing against the OP and, as a former Z3 and Z4 owner myself, certainly have nothing against anyone owning and enjoying BMW vehicles. I think his original post about getting the MZ4 just got out of hand and he reacted in a manner which only made it worse. That obviously was not his intent, since he is a former Corvette owner and never once said a bad word about any Vette. I've had worse things to say about my C6's than he did in that post.

I'm fine with the OP coming back here and resuming posting. He made some mistakes and said some things here and elsewhere that I'm sure he regrets now. He can contribute and is a car enthusiast, as well as a former Vette owner. Let me publically be one of the few who will say welcome back ... just keep a better handle on your expressed emotions in the future and all should be fine.

You are right...I did lash out and should have been more cool headed!! But it does get to me sometimes when a member attacts me personally! I'm no saint and have made mistakes, but as a vette lover myself, I only posted my findings. It just seems some members go out of their way to discredit me because I sold my vette, not because I said the same thing as many others said when speaking about vettes. Thanks for YOUR imput, your have taught me to be more cool headed in the future!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette forum rules over others

Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Raazor

Look who's acting like a child now, read the bottom post. by the way, I did not even respond to the thread. mods, if anyone should get banned for something, look at this, that's a personal attack on another member, if forum rules are followed!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 AM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 12-14-2009, 10:22 AM
RussellZ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although this is the only car forum I visit, I belong to a couple of motorcycle forums. Compared to the bikers, this place is great. The Harley Forums are not bad but the guys on the Chopper forums take every opportunity to bash each other. It's funny how brave and confrontational people are when they can hide behind their computers.

Quick Reply: Corvette forum rules over others