C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth?

Old 06-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Silver 07
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Katie22
Glamis. You can see videos on youtube on how to take apart your console. It is easy once you know how!

After you take apart the console the isimple is extremely easy to install with no modifications. You simply plug it into the back of the radio.

Katie

Katie, I might try to do it, I have been quoted $125 to install.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:21 PM
Katie22
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 70 Posts

I am the sort of person that does not like anyone touching my stuff. I would rather do it myself even if it means I get a bit dirty. In any case this job is so easy.

Here is an example of the directions on removing the console. The hardest part is detaching the power cords to the traction control switch and such.

Look I just changed out one of the rear axels because the CV joint went bad. It was actually pretty easy and once again I got the directions off youtube. My car is my baby her name is Peach because she is orange and I love her. I think you know the feeling.

Katie

Last edited by Katie22; 06-24-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Silver 07
Racer

Originally Posted by Katie22
I am the sort of person that does not like anyone touching my stuff. I would rather do it myself even if it means I get a bit dirty. In any case this job is so easy.

Here is an example of the directions on removing the console. The hardest part is detaching the power cords to the traction control switch and such.

Look I just changed out one of the rear axels because the CV joint went bad. It was actually pretty easy and once again I got the directions off youtube. My car is my baby her name is Peach because she is orange and I love her. I think you know the feeling.

Katie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDJTQWj6XFE
Just saw that one, not sure on the automatic shift **** removal.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2016, 09:49 PM
Katie22
Racer

On my 2006 there was absolutely no need to touch the shifter at all besides pulling it back out of park. The boot and all are separate from the console cover and remain in place when you lift out the console cover.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:46 PM
Silver 07
Racer

Where did you install the reset button and the mic, the mic that comes with the kit seem bulky.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by glamis.man
Just saw that one, not sure on the automatic shift **** removal.

Thanks
It just pops off once you release the lock

It is easy, there is a ring under the leather boots just under the shifter ****, turn that ring I think counter clockwise and the boot will slide down the shaft , once the ring is on the shaft u can give the shifter **** a hard pull up and it will pop off . Just reverse to install , pop the **** back on the shafts and press down firmly till it seats , then pull the ring up till it is snug , u might have to turn it till it engages then turn till it locks

Makes removing the console so much easier

Dave
Old 06-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Katie22
Racer

I installed the MIC inside the left top AC vent. just be sure to check the function of the vent louvers before you put it together. If you can even see it you have to be looking for it.

As far as the resect button. I ended up not coming up with a place for it so what I did was put the USB cable as well as the reset cable along the console under the carpet and brought both of them out behind the passenger seat. Again nobody can see them.

I have yet to use the USB cable and yet to push the reset button since I set up the unit.

I might not have installed the USB cable in hindsight just like I didn't install the AUX wire input.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth?