C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paddle shifting and the DIC

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
pictureman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paddle shifting and the DIC

I was wondering how to keep the 1-6 shifting display on when you're using the paddles ?

I just noticed for the first time last night it came on I couldn't figure out why and how I made that happen.

I then realized I had my nav on giving me directions, and the 1-6 was there, but when I cancled guidence it went off.

What's up with that,Any ideas ? I would like it to be on all the time. Does anyone kow how to have it stay on ?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2010, 09:58 PM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you sure it was in the DIC??? Shifting into "S" puts the gears up in the HUD, but I don't think they every appear in the DIC , do they?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
hotspur
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6NRED
Are you sure it was in the DIC??? Shifting into "S" puts the gears up in the HUD, but I don't think they every appear in the DIC , do they?
Yes. The gear is displayed in the DIC when a navigation direction is displayed in the HUD. Otherwise, the gear is displayed in the HUD. When the navigation direction is completed, the gear goes back up to the HUD.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
pictureman
Burning Brakes

Why does it work that way ? Is there anyway that the 1-6 can be kept in the DIC ? It's so much easier to see.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Daytona Bob
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09 & '12, '14

It only goes to the DIC if you have navi on because otherwise it is on your HUD which is where you should be looking.

Non HUD cars always get it on the DIC.

I think your being a bit picky as the HUD is definitely an obvious choice to put it.

Hey you can always keep your Nav on!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:01 PM
pictureman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hotspur
Yes. The gear is displayed in the DIC when a navigation direction is displayed in the HUD. Otherwise, the gear is displayed in the HUD. When the navigation direction is completed, the gear goes back up to the HUD.
Originally Posted by C6NRED

Yes ! The 1-6 showed up in the DIC and when you up or down shift the numbers light up.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:22 PM
hotspur
Instructor

Originally Posted by pictureman
Why does it work that way ? Is there anyway that the 1-6 can be kept in the DIC ? It's so much easier to see.
What could be "easier to see" than a large block number projected onto your windshield?

Get notified of new replies

To Paddle shifting and the DIC

Quick Reply: Paddle shifting and the DIC