C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I waxed my car today... Couple pics...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:45 PM
uknowme2good
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice...!! you want to wax my car next?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Agent White
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14

Greaat looking Vette. I really like those tires!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

very nice. Im surprised at the greasy comment on z5pro. thats all i use. its not greasy at all. im thinking you put it on too thin or too soon after you did the all in one polish.... if your surf "wolfdogs zaino" you will see lots of pics of my z5pro coated black car... it does a super job.

your car looks great. i'd give it a few days, next chance you get, try z5 again, very very thin coat. let it sit for a long time, hour or more in ambients over 70 with low humidity.. the higher the humidity, the longer the cure time... then buff it off. if you get streaks, distilled water in a fine spray bottle with diminish them
Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
designerRob
Safety Car

The base C6 body lines are just killer. Granted, the ZC06 has bad to the bone lines too. But there is a lot to be said of the non-widebody C6. Very nice.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:22 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by designerRob
The base C6 body lines are just killer. Granted, the ZC06 has bad to the bone lines too. But there is a lot to be said of the non-widebody C6. Very nice.
I like the C6Z better, but you can't go wrong with a Corvette, period

Wolfdogs: its COLD here! Our high this week is 52F (Upper Peninsula Michigan). I'm sure that doesn't help, but I've never had much luck with the Zaino 5 pro; it smears and the smears NEVER come off, ever, even if I buff it over and over again with fresh towels and quick detailer. I know the reason why this is happening is because I am applying too much, but the product is transparent so I have no way of telling how much is going in there.
Maybe I just suck at waxing cars; I know I hate doing it, but the Z5Pro is *THE* worse product I've ever used in terms of ease of use and being able to remove all the residue; I never have this smearing problem with anything else (McGuiars NXT 2 is a good example as is their ultimate black). I can't wait for the bottle to be over; I hate smears...

Also, let me illustrate: this picture was taken 2 days ago, after I finished washing the car. I washed the car twice, the first time with Down Dish detergent, so it doesn't have a single drop of wax on it, anywhere. From up close the paint looks really bad; lots of scratches, swirl marks, etc. The buffing removed some of it, hid a lot more, but left greasy smears everywhere... As this photo shows; it doesn't look good because of the wax, but maybe despite of it:

Last edited by PowerLabs; 09-27-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
traindude
Race Director

Looks good!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:47 AM
usraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! For a car with that many miles, it looks great!!

Quick Reply: I waxed my car today... Couple pics...