C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Mich PS A/S Plus ZP

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:37 PM
c1vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have Mich PS A/S Plus ZP

I was unfamiliar with this tire. Went in today to replace my OEM GY EMT
with the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, when the salesman thru the above tire at me. Telling me that he was at a Mich meeting and they were pushing this tire.

Now, I am never in snow or ice as I spend the summers in CT and winters in FL, shipping my '09 Z55 A6 between locations. So I asked him why would I buy an all season? The tread is an aggressive tread like all seasons would call for, but wouldn't they be load, less fuel efficient then the PS2? He says his customers love em. This is comming from a south FL dealer. On top of this, they are $350 less expensive for the set and carry a 45,000 mile warranty.

So I checked Tire Rack, and while they don't have enough reviews to rate them, the reviews they have appear very possitive.

If anyone has experience with this tire, would love to get your comments. Tires are one thing we are all interested in, and when a new one comes along, I think we would all be interested in comments.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Rebel 1
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Have the same tires on our '02. Completely satisfied. Wait till you feel the difference over the GY's!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Lots of great reviews on those here. While waiting for current responses try searching.

Edit: Use Advanced Search, enter ""michelin"" with the double quotes in the upper left Search Keywords box, under that highlight Titles Only, then in the Search in Forums box at the lower right highlight C6 General. Got 127 hits with that.

Last edited by RicK T; 01-08-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
c1vettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RicK T
Lots of great reviews on those here. While waiting for current responses try searching.
Tried a search. Must not be doing it right as I came up with nada.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
rolinfaz
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced my GY with those Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus ZP two months ago and I love them. Night and day difference between the two. I read the positive reviews and they hit it on the nose. I'm certain some of the forum member's have them which is why I have them. Less noise and even better handling than the GY's. For an all season tire it is great, but with you in south Florida do you really need an all season tire?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 PM
BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.
Racer

I don't need the A/S but would buy them for the mileage. I don't drive so hard that I need the sticky low mileage tires.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:50 PM
rolinfaz
7th Gear

If you decide to buy these tires, I paid $1282 from TireBuyer.com with a $70 rebate shipped to my RF tire installer. Total price. One other guy from this forum paid a little less from one of the other tire dealers which I can't remember the name. TireRack price was a little over $100 more.
I just remembered TreadDepot.....
Old 01-08-2011, 09:02 PM
c1vettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rolinfaz
If you decide to buy these tires, I paid $1282 from TireBuyer.com with a $70 rebate shipped to my RF tire installer. Total price. One other guy from this forum paid a little less from one of the other tire dealers which I can't remember the name. TireRack price was a little over $100 more.
I just remembered TreadDepot.....
Got a local price of $1,364 plus tax of $88. Includes everything: install, balancing and all the two bit stuff. Just need alignment in addition.

Checked Tire Rack, and by the time you add shipping and install, balancing and the other stuff, it's pretty close. But thanks for the info.

Looks like most people who have this tire are in colder climes. I too wonder if I am giving up adhesion for winter all season which I don't need. But the savings plus longevity pique my interest.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them a love them. They are quieter and ride smoother than the OE G/Y's, and the warrenty is great. Here in NC it is 27 degrees tonight. I won't drive a Summer tire at temps below 40 degrees because they are far too dangerous, so its all seasons for me.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Importluva
Racer

The PS2 has been THE tire (non RF) of choice among pretty much all car enthusiasts looking for performance tires. I have a hard time believing a RF A/S feels as good.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Importluva
The PS2 has been THE tire (non RF) of choice among pretty much all car enthusiasts looking for performance tires. I have a hard time believing a RF A/S feels as good.
Tire technology continues to improve. Their is no inherent reason runflats have to be noisey or give a jarring ride.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Importluva
Racer

Sure technology improves, we've seen the ZR1 come out with RF PS2s. It's still the PS2, not some all season.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 PM
PJC6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the A/S on mine in Oct...there is a difference in noise and improvement in handling over the GY....my biggest complaint was the noise on NW roads...not that I drive much in the rain / or icy conditions, but we did get caught in snow storms on two trips to AZ...if I lived in the SW or FLA, would probably go with the PS2.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Tomscorvette
Heel & Toe

i live in austin,tx and did not need an all season tire. i went to get the pilot sport ps 2 and discount tire was out and they were on backorder. i could not wait and they told me the new AS Sport Plus would suite me because mine is my daily driver. it would have longer tread life and perform fine so i bought them. well i took it to the track yesterday and they stuck like glue. i am totally satisfied with them. i am not a professional driver and that was my first track experience. the cost saving is a plus.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Yes, and I love them!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 AM
quicksilver436
Instructor

Mich PS A/S Plus ZP. I replaced the OEM GYs with them. I do not track my vette. They are very good in very cold weather and that adds to the days I can drive the car. They are also much quieter and that has made long trips much more enjoyable. I bought them from NTB. Even with a 3 yr. alignment package included, the were cheaper than the GYs or the same Michs anywhere when all was considered.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:15 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm also using the Michelin All Season PS2 run flat, mainly to try to extend tire mileage because my car is a daily driver. It's a bit easier to spin them under hard acceleration than a summer tire, but they also seem to grip a little better in the cold than the summer tires do, so it's a trade off. They are hugely quieter than the OEM tires. They also seem to be a little more sure-footed in the rain than the summer tires and I suspect a less prone to hydroplaning.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have Mich PS A/S Plus ZP

Old 01-09-2011, 12:19 PM
RtStuf
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Excellent tire -very pleased w mine.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 PM
kellf190
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fred H.
I'm also using the Michelin All Season PS2 run flat, mainly to try to extend tire mileage because my car is a daily driver. It's a bit easier to spin them under hard acceleration than a summer tire, but they also seem to grip a little better in the cold than the summer tires do, so it's a trade off. They are hugely quieter than the OEM tires. They also seem to be a little more sure-footed in the rain than the summer tires and I suspect a less prone to hydroplaning.

The comments by Fred H. are exactly the way I feel about my A/S Michelins. I have had them for 8 months now and about 5K miles.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
bbrb
Heel & Toe

I have had these tires for 1 and half years. My '07 is a daily driver and as such is driven in the cold, wet and winter conditions in the Philadelphia area. For me these tires are an improvement over the stock GY summer only. Less expensive, better durability, better ride, quieter, and definitely safer in cold weather. Since the car is for street use , I don't miss any marginal handling benefits there might be in the summer.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Mich PS A/S Plus ZP