C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allied Transporter Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:27 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a Corvette on order and will be shipped first part of April so this should be interesting to see how it plays out.......... Got a feeling there will be a lot more Museum deliveries coming up! ......

Last edited by vt65; 03-18-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:06 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Someone still has to ship the car from the plant to the museum...Allied does that job now.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:14 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

some are saying its settled and no interruptions, some are saying the opposite, whats the truth?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
TripleAstyle123
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the union bashing is doing exactly what the big business owners want, pitting the middle class against eachother, the class that pays the bills for the US government and builds it at the same time, the work-force that sustains this country. As the middle class declines the debt rises, no one is left to foot the bill, its a downward spiral and taking away unions that bargain for FAIR wages is only going to make it worse. Yes there are good and bad unions, yes unions are very political and we all know politicians are dirty, but they play a role in collective bargaining that is undeniable. Non-Union service rates are within dollars of union shops in the HVAC industy that im in, yet the union gives benifits which is a huge upside, this lets me work for my whole life while saving for retirement so the next generation does not have to pay for me! Unions are much better if you look at the overall picture. Yes Im union, yes I see reasons it is good and bad, yes I think by FAR overall it is BETTER than being non-union for the worker, the middle-class, the true taxpayer, in the long and short term.....
Old 03-19-2011, 03:36 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by TripleAstyle123
All the union bashing is doing exactly what the big business owners want, pitting the middle class against eachother, the class that pays the bills for the US government and builds it at the same time, the work-force that sustains this country. As the middle class declines the debt rises, no one is left to foot the bill, its a downward spiral and taking away unions that bargain for FAIR wages is only going to make it worse. Yes there are good and bad unions, yes unions are very political and we all know politicians are dirty, but they play a role in collective bargaining that is undeniable. Non-Union service rates are within dollars of union shops in the HVAC industy that im in, yet the union gives benifits which is a huge upside, this lets me work for my whole life while saving for retirement so the next generation does not have to pay for me! Unions are much better if you look at the overall picture. Yes Im union, yes I see reasons it is good and bad, yes I think by FAR overall it is BETTER than being non-union for the worker, the middle-class, the true taxpayer, in the long and short term.....

Last edited by Andrew6@TheDoubleAA; 03-19-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: oops

Quick Reply: Allied Transporter Issue