C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 promo models delivered

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:02 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

Default 2011 promo models delivered

For those of you who collect promo models, the '11s are now available. I received mine earlier this week. They are a JSB convert and a CRM coupe, both standard/base models; no GS or "Z" variations available. They are essentially the '10s in different colors, as the wheels are not the "questionable-design" '11 standard ones which would be correct for these cars. Quality is at least as good as the previous Revell manufactured ones and the display boxes are printed in color. It's nice to see the tradition has continued for the small group of us who continue to collect these things. Still nothing (that I've seen at least) re a GS or "Z" version of the newest models in either promo or 1:18 diecast. A HotWheels GS is supposedly in the works but I've not seen one yet.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 PM
modelmax
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have both 2011 Corvette promotional models in stock for immediate delivery. Offering either the JSB convertible or CRM coupe for $35.99 on ebay or the pair and an NCM ball cap for $68.99 on ebay selling as "modelmax". To buy direct and save 10% write to David at dmnauto@yahoo.com Just tell us you are a Corvette Forum member.

We also have the 2010's as well as 08 Indy Pace Car, 09 indy Parade Car and the low production (756 made) 1.5 Million convertible.

Last edited by modelmax; 04-22-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
johnsub
Racer

Are these the promo models sold thru the dealerships? Didn't know they still did that. I made a post here months ago but no one knew of them.
I have many from 1978 thru about 1992. I would be interested in selling some duplicates i have. They are all in original box still wrapped in the tissue paper they came in.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:50 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by trivette
For those of you who collect promo models, the '11s are now available. I received mine earlier this week. They are a JSB convert and a CRM coupe, both standard/base models; no GS or "Z" variations available. They are essentially the '10s in different colors, as the wheels are not the "questionable-design" '11 standard ones which would be correct for these cars. Quality is at least as good as the previous Revell manufactured ones and the display boxes are printed in color. It's nice to see the tradition has continued for the small group of us who continue to collect these things. Still nothing (that I've seen at least) re a GS or "Z" version of the newest models in either promo or 1:18 diecast. A HotWheels GS is supposedly in the works but I've not seen one yet.

GRRRR! I'm still waiting for a GS coupe and the C6R GT2 ALMS car in 1/18, with the popularity of both versions, you'd think SOMEBODY would produce them soon. I guess we can only hope.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
modelmax
Intermediate

Yes, they're still making them. Revell took over after Ertl killed the market in the 90's by making thousands of every body style in every color. Revell was replaced as the manufacturer in 2008 by Round 2/Auto World. We'll be doing a 2011 Camaro Indy Pace Car convertible and a Victory Red Camaro SS convertible with a planned release of late August. A 2012 Corvette is on the drawing board with availability in the Fall.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 promo models delivered

Quick Reply: 2011 promo models delivered