C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

24 Hours of Lemans

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
The 24 hours of Le Mans is legendary....one of the great auto races of all time! A 24 hour endurance race boggles my mind...not just for the stress to the car but for the mental and physical demands on the drivers. The level of concentration and focus required is incredible. I recall some teams even bring hyperbaric chambers for their driver's to relax in between stints. Wishing the best to team Corvette!

There's likely some reason but I find it odd the Corvette Racing C6.R entries are referred to as "ZR1's."
The reason for that is that the rules for the GT2 class require the cars to use the same body panels as the street version, whereas in GT1 they were basically "silhouette" cars with a great deal of latitude given to body configuration. The GT1's looked like Vettes, but on some major steroids, while the GT2' actually look like the street car, save for the rear wing. I guess maybe they refer to them as ZR1's is because it's the top wide-body version, but they could just as easily call them ZO6's or Grand Sports, but whatever they call them, they're awesome looking race cars.

Quick Reply: 24 Hours of Lemans