C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Side skirts

So far from what I have ascertained, the difference, or modification to put side skirts on a narrow body is the rear flap on the front of the rear wheel well.

Why is it after 7 years there has been so much difficulty in adapting the skirts? Was there no demand?

What about these base 6 Z06 front bumper adaptations? What took so long when there was obviously such a demand? I could understand a change in tastes by different generations of Vette owners to a point.

Next, we have the slew of hoods coming into play. Those hoods are now demonstrating difficulties of designing a correct fit. I do understand the length of design for the rapid prototype chain of events. A multitude of owners demonstrated their wants by funding the design process for a less expensive copy. Now there are rumblings from the seemingly excessive time required for a completed item. I agree with them, as six months to a year to complete the project is a bit much, especially when the basic design layout of a hood is the same. The outside dimensions stay the same regardless, with the center and underside center structural design changing for scoops and rises.

Rear diffuser offerings, of with outlandish pricing for so-called “exotic” materials. As well as some available for a decent price, that everyday Joe can afford. This item being flawed before it leaves the manufacturer. One who uses their redesigned rear fascia for the diffuser mold design and expects this to fit OEM. I understand the motive of capitalism, yet wonder why an item is released with the knowledge it will not fit the customer vehicle. Then comes the “redesigned” part to fix the previous, and the fix does nothing. Doesn’t the manufacturer understand time wasted in a redesign ensures more time and effort for a reset will in the end cost them more?

The additional difficulty is the discerning buyer, who expects near perfection for the part purchased. I agree with this as well. I do not agree with the corvette tax though. $1500 for an axle back exhaust is a bit much when I can get a complete system for my pony for 1/2 the amount.

OK Off the soap box now.

Quick Reply: Side skirts