C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Master Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by rpm94
For those with the master blaster, can you use a 110v outlet or do you need a 220v source?
I plug mine in to a 110 V GFI plug in my wash bay. No issues.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by **** Jockey
You can use 120V's but you need a 20A circuit.

Mine will run continuously for about 7-8 minutes on high before it trips a 15A breaker. Not all breakers are identical. YMMV.

It's a fairly easy DIY project to add a 20A outlet next to your electrical panel in your garage.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:46 AM
AeroJim
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

As many have said, its a bit pricy but overall, well worth it. I've got a vert and find that it does a great job on getting the top dry as well as drying the body..An extra bonus for me was that it does an even better job on my two motorcyles.. It gets the water out of every nook and cranny and just about eliminates hand drying.. By the way I've tried two different types of leaf blowers that I own, and the MB does a much better job, and is way less cumbersome to use.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Never Satisfied
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyber2010
Great for drying the car, great for drying the dog, the sidewalk, blowing out the garage, freeing clogged drains, blowing out gutters...it's a multipurpose tool and you won't regret spending the coin on it. MUCH better and more effective than a leaf blower.

I also use it to blow out the supply & return lines for the pool too....works great!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Travelor
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Which model? They come in 4 and 8 HP models.

George
Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 AM
v1 rot8
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Mb

I have the 8 hp model, satisfied with it, works great on a waxed car, not so good on a car that needs waxing.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:59 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DFA
I'm using a leaf blower now but was wondering if the Master Blaster is that much better.
DFA
It's not. A GOOD leaf blower will put out much more volume and dry quicker. "Heated" air isn't necessary. Make sure your car is waxed/sealed and when you blow it with the leaf blower it will all slide off. I can dry my car and wheels in about 5 minutes with a leaf blower.

I wouldn't go get a 30 dollar leaf blower though and try and compare it.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:01 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by v1 rot8
I have the 8 hp model, satisfied with it, works great on a waxed car, not so good on a car that needs waxing.

This is key.

Using some form of air to dry the car is important in keeping it scratch/swirl free...whether you use the Master Blaster or a good leaf blower is up to you.

Both will work, but for me, one has far more uses around the house.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

I agree...and the Master Blaster has many more uses than a standard blower. Dont discount heated air...especially if you live in a humid environment...a leaf blower will not "dry" behind a light fixture or bumper....it will push water out, but still leave it damp where rust could form if you are using it on something besides a Corvette. Ive used it to open clogged drains, blow out gutter down pipes, inflate air toys and decorations, dry the dog with the diffuser (yes, a big consumer of these units are pet groomers), dry wet lawn furniture in minutes after a rain. and the list goes on and on.

Anyone who has ever washed their car in a cooling, humid environment has seen the condensation that starts to form, the Master Blaster get rids of that because of the heat...and you can blow out your interior, get dirt, dust etc out from under seats, air vents, clean areas in the engine bay etc....places you cant get at with a vacuum or a leaf blower. The rubberized attachments dont mark the surface like the hard plastic of a leaf blower will. I've had lots of detailing jobs where I had to polish out defects caused by hitting or dropping a leaf blower to the paint.

In the end, everyone has their own idea of how much effort and expense they want to put in to maintaining their paint....some guys wash the car, take it out for a high speed run to dry it, come home and take a rag to dry the excess and marr the paint with the sand stuck to the car....others use a gas leaf blower and blow unfiltered exhaust gas and oil residue into the paint and 200 mph, etc....if you want the best, most versatile product to do the job right and have the flexibility to use it for things no leaf blower can do, and you can afford it...the Master Blaster will amaze you and let you keep your car looking this good.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

We have them on sale here

http://www.qpcpv.com/topflightreproductions/id21.html
Old 11-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Oldfly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went from using a leaf blower to the Master Blaster and like it best.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Russell ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i bought one, it sits in my garage, very hard water, but it has other uses around the home, so it's not a waste....go master blaster
Old 11-15-2011, 02:36 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Works great for getting water out of door jams and engine bays too...
Originally Posted by KenHorse

Besides, the MB provides warm air and is easier to handle in use
Old 11-15-2011, 02:43 PM
bluedevil99
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Russell ZR1
it sits in my garage, very hard water
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Russell ZR1
i bought one, it sits in my garage, very hard water, but it has other uses around the home, so it's not a waste....go master blaster
I experienced the same problem. I plumbed a soft water line to the outside for car washing, problem solved.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:08 PM
andympd
Instructor

I plug mine in to a 110 V GFI plug in my garage with no issues. If you plug into a 15 amp circuit like I do, I recommend you first start unit in low setting then engage the second one afterwards. Otherwise you may trip it. A 20 amp circuit should have no problem.
I have had mine now for over two years and have zero complaints. Does the job that it was meant to do. I compare it wood working. Making cuts with a miter box can get the job done. But using a miter saw would be faster and hell of a lot easier.
You can't go wrong with the MASTER BLASTER.....
Old 11-15-2011, 05:23 PM
golferdude
Intermediate

Default Toy to Tool in less than 10 minutes

I originally purchased the master blaster as a cool toy to have for drying the car, as we have very hard water and even a good cloth would still leave small water spots. After the 1st use I upgraded it's rating from "toy" to "tool". The warm air, although not necessary for drying the car, definitely helps speed the process, and it worked amazing for drying the carpets in the wifes car when she left a window down in the rain.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Swiftrider08
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigster05
I agree...and the Master Blaster has many more uses than a standard blower. Dont discount heated air...especially if you live in a humid environment...a leaf blower will not "dry" behind a light fixture or bumper....it will push water out, but still leave it damp where rust could form if you are using it on something besides a Corvette. Ive used it to open clogged drains, blow out gutter down pipes, inflate air toys and decorations, dry the dog with the diffuser (yes, a big consumer of these units are pet groomers), dry wet lawn furniture in minutes after a rain. and the list goes on and on.

Anyone who has ever washed their car in a cooling, humid environment has seen the condensation that starts to form, the Master Blaster get rids of that because of the heat...and you can blow out your interior, get dirt, dust etc out from under seats, air vents, clean areas in the engine bay etc....places you cant get at with a vacuum or a leaf blower. The rubberized attachments dont mark the surface like the hard plastic of a leaf blower will. I've had lots of detailing jobs where I had to polish out defects caused by hitting or dropping a leaf blower to the paint.

In the end, everyone has their own idea of how much effort and expense they want to put in to maintaining their paint....some guys wash the car, take it out for a high speed run to dry it, come home and take a rag to dry the excess and marr the paint with the sand stuck to the car....others use a gas leaf blower and blow unfiltered exhaust gas and oil residue into the paint and 200 mph, etc....if you want the best, most versatile product to do the job right and have the flexibility to use it for things no leaf blower can do, and you can afford it...the Master Blaster will amaze you and let you keep your car looking this good.

Yep, and keeps this one looking great too!

Last edited by Swiftrider08; 11-15-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:35 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,355 Likes on 1,062 Posts

I have tried a leaf blower on one of my Vettes, but it does no where near the job the Master Blaster does. I say it is worth the money.

Quick Reply: Master Blaster