C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week from hell

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:52 PM
ROD BROWN
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default I understand

I understand what it feels like to be where you are.I spent 25 years on th P.D. . I have been retired for almost 3 years,but I still remember those days. Take care and you will be retired also.God bless and thanks for the sacrifide.Rod Brown
Old 01-31-2012, 11:54 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,396 Likes on 803 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Originally Posted by memphiscop
Guys,
I've been working the hood for 15 years now, my choice. Of course I feel for those who suffer the misfortune of crime in the city, but if I allow it to consume me, I become ineffective.
My Vette, on the other hand , is my escape from harsh realities I deal with every day. It's my "Delorean time machine" so to speak, that takes me back to better, younger days. Days when I didn't have to deal with death and destruction every day.
Sooooo, when my sweet escape is injured, then I feel bad. Allow me the luxury, God Bless General Motors.
Understand completely. I think our Corvettes are an escape of sorts for many of us. Hope your car is repaired soon.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 PM
VetteCop29
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 GRUMPY
Bob ,
I hope your week gets better and I known you'll get your ride fixed .Who are you getting lined up for the repairs ? Thanks for serving the community you guys don't get payed enough for what you do.I expect I'll see you this spring at the Lot .
Steve
Was thinking of Keras Chevrolet. Have you seen the CVS on the lot?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Stevenyc777
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Buy It
IMHO, do that for 30 years in NYC. No cop I know would EVER talk like that. Ever. Your job has nothing to do with your car.
Worked in the worse areas as an nypd cop for 20 yrs and I tend to agree we would never talk to anybody about the " job" other then other cops..op no offense intended but other then other police officers no ones gona get it! Stay safe bro!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 AM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow!
Memphis has ignominiously led the nation in crime for quite awhile. If you haven't walked the walk.....
Nor do you know me, or what I actually do. What I said was a week in a 15 year career that I love, regardless of the downs. The fact that I immensely enjoy escaping the harsh realities of urban decay and crime by owning and driving a Corvette has everything to do with feeling good.
And Southern law enforcement is not NYPD.
Sorry I don't fit your expectations.
Sorry about your car man. I grew up in Memphis and still have family in the area. When I go visit I am shock at what it is like now. My parents had several friends that were police officers in the past. You have a hard job and the fact the you go get in your car and get away is awesome.
Thank you for your service and for looking after my home town.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 AM
2 GRUMPY
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Was thinking of Keras Chevrolet. Have you seen the CVS on the lot?
I have seen them clearing it out for the new CVS.Word has it that it will be completed by the time we get ready to start back in the spring.I had Keras repair/repaint my colored top under the recall an they did an excellent job.I've used them to do some other work with out any problems unlike the other two Chevy dealers.
Steve
Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by surfdh74
Wait a minute. Your ok with this until your wreck your own car that you where driving? A 20 old girl died and your worried about your Vette? I have owned 2 Vettes. A 08 and now a 2011 ZR1 and if I wrecked or damaged them I would of been maybe upset? Thanks for serving and protecting but you have issues if a girl being killed does not bother you more than a car? Bro that car can be fixed!
u seriously need to slow down b4 u cast such judgement...
Old 02-01-2012, 12:54 AM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevenyc777
Worked in the worse areas as an nypd cop for 20 yrs and I tend to agree we would never talk to anybody about the " job" other then other cops..op no offense intended but other then other police officers no ones gona get it! Stay safe bro!
I agree completely! I did 20 years as a cop, Det., and Sgt in NYPD in the worst "A" houses during the 80's and 90's crack wars! Only cops get cops! Civilians cannot understand cops and how we have to compartmentalize the insanity of the Ghetto and working there. I have seen other posts by the OP and cannot understand trying to explain this stuff to civilians! I got the post and understood it perfectly but I knew I would read stupid comment to follow! Keep cop stuff to emails and cop forums, civilians CANNOT understand. They judge and make stupid comments......then when they have a problem call a cop for help and judge every move he makes!! I loved the job and never complained, it was the greatest show on earth. I also love cops and pray for them when I see them flying down the road, been there done that. God bless them for with out them there is anarchy! I too have always used my vette as my outlet....but I always swapped cop stories w/ cops.......who didn't judge and understood perfectly what it's like to deal w/ animals and work in the ghetto everyday. We are harder and desensitized...it doesn't look pretty to civilians and they don't get it. Yes, I usually get along best w/ cops,military guys, fireman, and ems!!! LOL

Last edited by seamus2154; 02-01-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:57 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Not sure he meant it that way at all, us who serve the public, whether police, fire, ems, armed troops etc..............have to desensitize these terrible tragedies or we would be the ones pulling the triggers on ourselves. I fully understand what he meant.
OP, been there, done that, think of all the good you have done and people you have saved!
After two tours to Iraq I know exactly what you're saying.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:01 AM
RedRider1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It becomes complacent after awhile.

Last edited by RedRider1; 02-01-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by seamus2154
I agree completely! I did 20 years as a cop, Det., and Sgt in NYPD in the worst "A" houses during the 80's and 90's crack wars! Only cops get cops! Civilians cannot understand cops and how we have to compartmentalize the insanity of the Ghetto and working there. I have seen other posts by the OP and cannot understand trying to explain this stuff to civilians! I got the post and understood it perfectly but I knew I would read stupid comment to follow! Keep cop stuff to emails and cop forums, civilians CANNOT understand. They judge and make stupid comments......then when they have a problem call a cop for help and judge every move he makes!! I loved the job and never complained, it was the greatest show on earth. I also love cops and pray for them when I see them flying down the road, been there done that. God bless them for with out them there is anarchy! I too have always used my vette as my outlet....but I always swapped cop stories w/ cops.......who didn't judge and understood perfectly what it's like to deal w/ animals and work in the ghetto everyday. We are harder and desensitized...it doesn't look pretty to civilians and they don't get it. Yes, I usually get along best w/ cops,military guys, fireman, and ems!!! LOL
Agree 100% with the exception of 1 little thing. When u refer to them as animals, u r actually complimenting them.....
Old 02-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Stevenyc777
Pro

Originally Posted by bobafett
Agree 100% with the exception of 1 little thing. When u refer to them as animals, u r actually complimenting them.....
Yipe..you shouldn't insult the animal kingdom! Lol....
Old 02-01-2012, 01:16 AM
HKILP7M8
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your week and the car. Car will be o.k. real soon.
Thank you for serving, I know it's a hard job, I understand exactly what you mean, even though I'm no longer in LE, I now work in sales and I'm stressed out by the pressure of trying to meet my financial goals. The car is an escape for me as well.
I too had a minor accident this morning, car in the shop now, hopefully I'll get back before the weekend. Thanks again for serving.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:32 AM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by surfdh74
Wait a minute. Your ok with this until your wreck your own car that you where driving? A 20 old girl died and your worried about your Vette? I have owned 2 Vettes. A 08 and now a 2011 ZR1 and if I wrecked or damaged them I would of been maybe upset? Thanks for serving and protecting but you have issues if a girl being killed does not bother you more than a car? Bro that car can be fixed!
Originally Posted by Racer
Not sure he meant it that way at all, us who serve the public, whether police, fire, ems, armed troops etc..............have to desensitize these terrible tragedies or we would be the ones pulling the triggers on ourselves. I fully understand what he meant.
OP, been there, done that, think of all the good you have done and people you have saved!
Exactly Racer..surfer dude missed the point....Thanks for your service Memphis
Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 AM
category4
Burning Brakes

I'm sure what the OP meant is there is a lot of frustration built up with having any single day like he had much less a week of it. Could not really imagine a day like any of those in my entire life. Then when one of your stress reliefs becomes a stress it all kinda comes to the surface.

Hope the car is fixed soon so you can have one less thing to stress about.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:55 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I was in the mix as well. If you get emotionally wrapped up in it you don't last long, the OP's comments make perfect sense to me.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:16 AM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,356 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
I just do not know what to say, except thank you for your service & committment to your community, and to the American way of life.

Although quite aggravating, and certainly not to belittle it, you will get your car fixed...

Get notified of new replies

To Week from hell

Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
gotta get better
good luck with the rest of the week and the start of a new month
Old 02-01-2012, 10:18 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,102 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by seamus2154
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,202 Likes on 706 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

hope it gets better

Quick Reply: Week from hell