C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Lust

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
toomuchcar
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C6 is the best vette yet; most durable and pleasurable/comfortable daily driver with great MPG. I have owned C5 and C6 manuals trans and driven C2, C3, and C4's. I would not own a vette that is not a manual shift.

Tires have NO traction when cold *(<50 deg) so be careful.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:00 PM
sguido2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manual vs's Auto depends on your intended use as mentioned above, I had a C5 non DD auto that just got boring to me because of past manual pleasure rides I owned. My only choice with my C6 was a manual, it makes for a much better driving experience IMHO.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:07 PM
v8rx7com
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jagvet
My uneducated preference at this time is the 6 speed manual, but have some concerns. First, I live in the SFV (LA) area and traffic is a biitch.
I also live in LA and I said I would never buy an automatic sports car.

However, I bought a C6 convertible automatic (come on, it's LA, it has to be a vert)

I don’t miss the manual as much as I thought I would. The car has enough power to make it fun to drive regardless of what transmission you go with.

After sitting in the never ending bumper to bumper traffic in LA, I was even thankful a few times that I didn’t buy a manual.

Quick Reply: C6 Lust