C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropp(ed) Top.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:00 PM
jc9767
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
One comment about the video. I always take my top off by moving towards the hood when I lift it up, not the hatch. It looks like if you move back you can bang it on the hatch. I also agree on opening the door to do this. Windows down, undo latches, open drivers door, put one hand inside on center, other hand on front edge, push up on center, grab front edge, move hand from center to back edge, lift up and out over hood, spin around, and pop in trunk.

Never dropped, dinged, or hit anything else. I have solid roof, never thought it was heavy and have taken the top off by myself many times.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Never dropped mine... It takes about 30 seconds to remove and store it. It's not a pita at all.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to say that considering how often I put the top of my vert up and down, it would be a GIANT PITA to do so with a removable top. I put mine down when I get into it (assuming the weather is at all decent) and I put it down whenever I get out of it for any significant amount of time.

It just would not work for me at all. That is one of the huge reasons I went with a vert...cause I AM a vert guy!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,039 Likes on 1,700 Posts

WHEN I had my C5 and C6 coupe, I removed it twice daily...to work and from work, and it stayed off all weekend. No PITA for me...always felt well worth the effort for the open air return!

Now that I have a Vert, I will never go back...plus I'm tall, so its nice to not hit my head on the coupe "hoop". If it is above 60, and no rain near by, I put the top down! Love it.

Quick Reply: Dropp(ed) Top.