C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my austin barnet Z51 badges, where to put them?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:47 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

WOW!!!! To the OP...its your car, do what YOU want to do with it. Everyone has an opinion. Its your car.

I have a Z06 and just put "427" badges on it because "I" think they look good. If someone else doesn't like them, sorry.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by glenB
I had a response for both of you, but figured ... what's the point, all you see is your side, and only your side is the correct side.
It's okay, you got the last word. Cherish that.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 PM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by glenB
I had a response for both of you, but figured ... what's the point, all you see is your side, and only your side is the correct side.
Feel free.....What do I know? I try to pass my base coupe off as a V6 powered Audi sedan....

Old 10-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by BWF07
Who cares if a member says I have a Z51 , or they say I have a Z51 performance package. Sometimes they are simply condensing their post. If they say I have a Z51 and not add the option or performance package are they going to hell.
So what if they look like the Z06 or the ZR1 it is their car and if they are trying to make it look like something it is not that is their right. I don't see why you have to make such a big deal out of it. Their car they can say and do as they please with it.
Why do members even say they have a Z51, nobody cares! "Hi guys 2007 Z51 with a radio button that doesn't work, can anybody help?"
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by 91redragtop
It's not a Vette but I have a Z-71 Silverado that has a Z-71 off-road package on it and it has a big factory sticker on it that says Z-71 and that is the way everyone I know references those trucks. "Hey, you have that white Z-71, right??" Z-71 is just an option too!
Here is someone that doesn't understand the question. You just said it...big FACTORY sticker.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Here is someone that doesn't understand the question. You just said it...big FACTORY sticker.
NO, I totally get it, what I don't get is why everytime someone on here asks a legit question about something, certain people have to jump on here and flame them! And we wonder why Vette people have a reputation for being obnoxious and arrogant!! My whole point with my post is that if GM can put an emblem on for a factory option what is wrong with someone wanting to do it themselves!! Z-71 is just an option too!! I better call GM today and tell them how stupid they are for putting an option sticker on the side of a vehicle!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 837 Likes on 396 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Why do members even say they have a Z51, nobody cares! "Hi guys 2007 Z51 with a radio button that doesn't work, can anybody help?"
Obviously quite a few people care. I hear it all the time when some buys a Corvette (2009 and down of course) does it have or is it a Z51. Also many say that when they are looking at buying a Corvette in era of the Z51 package that they want the Z51. So with the amount of badges that are out there I would say some members care, maybe not you. So my next point is if NO body cares why do you Get all up tight and jump on almost every post that mention Z51without stating option or package?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 AM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the OP is like me and doesn't like living in a vanilla world where everything looks the same!! I can't stand to drive a stock car and pull up at a redlight and another model exactly like my vehicle pulls up beside me!! That is why there are so many aftermarket companies for vehicles and it's a gazillion dollar a year market!! I applaud people who like to make their vehicles stand out and look different!! I hope the OP puts up pics of the badges when he is finished to make some haters cringe from the fact that someone dared to stand against their always-correct on everything opinions!!! Flame away at me if you want because then you'll be sparing someone else!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 AM
SmokinBill's C6
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=91redragtop;1582156469] And we wonder why Vette people have a reputation for being obnoxious and arrogant!!
And there you have it!!!!!!!3days of beating this guy up. You guys are great SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally off topic
Old 10-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Gerdia
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isaac, I would place them on the fenders. They cost you a pretty dollar and you should put them on. I think they will look good, that guys does nice work. post some pics.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Just like how some members have to constantly point out that they own a ZR1...nobody cares.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 AM
MTsVette
Drifting

Location: O'Fallon Illinois - Currently own a 2016 Z06 1LZ A8 Coupe
Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

Everyone has an opinion...

Here's mine...

I thought of getting the 400HP/LS2 gel badges...but changed my mind thinking they would just clutter the side of the car and IMO detract from the smooth lines of the body. I also removed the GM chickets for the same reason. The car body justs flows better and looks smoother (not sure if that's a word...lol) for me without all the badges.

IMHO... just sayin...

MT
Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by MTsVette
Everyone has an opinion...

Here's mine...

I thought of getting the 400HP/LS2 gel badges...but changed my mind thinking they would just clutter the side of the car and IMO detract from the smooth lines of the body. I also removed the GM chickets for the same reason. The car body justs flows better and looks smoother (not sure if that's a word...lol) for me without all the badges.

IMHO... just sayin...

MT
+1 The corvette is minimally badged as it is, it doesn't need more. My G8 looked so much cleaner with the Chrome badging removed from the rear.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Obviously quite a few people care. I hear it all the time when some buys a Corvette (2009 and down of course) does it have or is it a Z51. Also many say that when they are looking at buying a Corvette in era of the Z51 package that they want the Z51. So with the amount of badges that are out there I would say some members care, maybe not you. So my next point is if NO body cares why do you Get all up tight and jump on almost every post that mention Z51without stating option or package?
I have no problem with someone saying they have a C6 with the Z51 OPTION if it is relevant to the thread or question asked by somebody.

But, when someone comes on here and says.."Hey guys, Z51 owner here, do you like Black Vettes or Red Vettes". I am going to say something, and that is a FACT. Count on it.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 PM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

I have no problem with someone saying they have a C6 with the Z51 OPTION if it is relevant to the thread or question asked by somebody.

But, when someone comes on here and says.."Hey guys, Z51 owner here, do you like Black Vettes or Red Vettes". I am going to say something, and that is a FACT. Count on it.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
tjthomps5629
Racer

Originally Posted by JSB LS3
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
MDPD23
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the look of my Z51 badges! When I'm asked if it's a Z06 I just calmly say "No, it's a Z06 + 45". Always get a weird look

Get notified of new replies

To Just got my austin barnet Z51 badges, where to put them?!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 PM
PittMD1
Drifting

No sorry I have to disagree. I happen to know some of the guys and some were total strangers. What they said basically is they had no issues and could care less what was on the car. It is after all a Z51 equipped car so I am not lying. It only seems to me on the internet that everyone gets the pants in a wade when some one does something to their car. I was intent on removing them until I started to read all the post from the forum police and I simply said screw it, it is my car and it is my money (of course not in the case of the badges) so until someone else starts paying, for the insurance, gas,oil tires and repairs plus the payments then they have no say in what I do to the car.
If we want to get real technical you could argue that even the Z06 is an option of the base model. after all it is listed as RPO 1YY87.
I just don't understand why some members seem like they have to tell everyone what to do all the time. A simple answer to the OP would be look at other cars that have them and make up your own mind. Some of the people on here must be closely aligned with our current federal government.
Because he asked for opinions. Many voiced their opinion that he should not put them on.

Some of the people on here must be closely aligned with our current federal government.[/

No, I think liberals would tell him to put them where he wanted.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:00 PM
GRG
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I Corvette has the Z51 option, but badges? I don't need no stinking badges.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 PM
SimpleC6
Racer

Haha, Whatever makes you smile OP. But I do laugh at you and men like you on the inside a bit for trying to hard. You might be a cool dude, but that badge is about as Poser as it gets.

Quick Reply: Just got my austin barnet Z51 badges, where to put them?!