C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Renewal (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriotZ
Good advice here.....I apparently have way too much time on my hands....so for the last two years.....and with four cars.....I have been doing the 6 mos for 25.00 thing....after the 2.00 invoice and some other charge it is around 28.**....but be forewarned....make sure that you cancel.....or threaten too before the expiration date and try to get someone in America to talk to.....so far the cancellation of four vehicles apparently seems to let me keep getting this price....It also took me a year to get all four expiration dates the same....but also good leverage.....and remember it is best to be polite and not the ugly American when dealing .....seems to go a long way.....especially when one is cheap and trying to get a "deal".....yeah, I know....
I have been doing the $25 for six months deal for our three vehicles the last two renewals. I did go thru a few months without XM. We have three vehicles with satellite...two XM and one Sirius. When I receive the six months for $25 flyers I keep them. They seem to have no expiration on them. I believe one of the renewals I had to settle for five months for $25 because I did not have a six month flyer. I pushed hard but she said the six month option was not available. Who knows.

As long as I can get the six months for $25 I will keep. That is the sweet spot for me. About canceling...I put a reminder on my calendar for three days before it expires. I call and cancel. I'll do it until there is something better or it is unavailable.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just sent these instructions out to some family members last week...

Here's how to get your discounted XM subscription for the next year. Wait to do this until a few days before your subscription is about to expire...

1) Have your XM radio ID or customer number ready (they can look you up if you don't have this).

2) Call 866-519-7570 (US customer support?)

3) Tell them you want to cancel. They will ask you why you need to cancel.

4) Tell them you are cutting back your budget, you just got laid off, your dog just died, your girlfriend dumped you...[insert hard luck story here]. Just tell them you don't think you can swing it any longer.

6) Without too much whining they will offer you a 1 year deal for $86 + unavoidable music industry royalty fees (it ends up being roughly $102/year).

Notes:

1. When you subscribe to XM radio, you automatically consent to their “automatic renewal” terms. If your subscription runs out and you don’t specifically call them to cancel it, your subscription will be renewed at the HIGHEST current monthly or quarterly rate! There’s no concept at XM radio of your subscription ending UNLESS you call them to cancel it! So verify with the phone rep what your expiration date is and REMEMBER IT!

2. Because I don’t like policy #1 above, I don’t pay for my XM service with a credit card. If you ask them to send you a paper invoice, they will do it for an additional $2 fee (they waived the fee when I asked). XM is a good service, but their billing practices are right up there with cell phone companies, gyms and satellite TV. So do yourself a favor and don’t give them your credit card number. I don’t even pay with a check because I don’t want them knowing my checking account number!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 PM
mike1952
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'11-'12-'13

as long as you have a main account you can subscribe to the online service for 3.50 per month and use your smartphone in your other vehicles. Use caution if you have measured data service.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:16 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by sxs191
I just paid $107 to renew the XM in a dif vehicle. Has anyone with XM in two dif vehicles noticed that the reception in the vette isn't as good as the other vehicle? My vette reception cuts out in places that the other vehicle does not.
The XM reception isnt great on the C6, at least around here, the antennas are in the mirrors I believe and it cuts out quite a bit. My other cars and trucks seldom drop out.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 PM
FRChilln
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I just renewed mine the first time for $25 for six months, then I told them I wanted to cancel and they gave me 3 months for free and said think about it. Then last week I just called them back to cancel and they did the $25 for 6 months again. So 15 months for 50 bucks. Ill threaten to cancel for anything less than hat everytime because Pandora is free.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:37 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 550 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by FRChilln
I just renewed mine the first time for $25 for six months, then I told them I wanted to cancel and they gave me 3 months for free and said think about it. Then last week I just called them back to cancel and they did the $25 for 6 months again. So 15 months for 50 bucks. Ill threaten to cancel for anything less than hat everytime because Pandora is free.
Pandora for the win..... or radio.com and listen to any radio station I want to. you just dont have to pay for it these days with all the free options.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 385 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by LB001
For the past several years I have been renewing my XM subscription using " ZWINBACK", and or threatening to cancel. I always got the $77 deal. When I renewed today, and threatened to cancel my subscription, the best I was able to do was to get a reduction from about $150/year to $107.
Did I give in too soon? Have my bargaining skills diminished with age? What is your best RECENT price?
I got it for $89 in August.

Clif
Old 04-03-2013, 12:40 AM
La Orange
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all
I renewed 2 Radios for $86.00 each for 12 months Pulse tax and Royalty
Old 04-03-2013, 04:37 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Default best "Lifetime" charge?

Originally Posted by FRChilln

Anyone know their best "Lifetime" charge? $200? I'm keeping my Corvette a long time, and don't want to go through all the haggling to get a decent price.

Cheers,
JB
Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Their 'best' promo at the moment seems to be 6 months for $25 (plus some small change for fees). After letting all three cancel (actually the Vette is up this weekend) I am debating more this time than others as they cancelled a channel that I listen to.

Not sure but am interested in reading this thread.

Last edited by funymuny; 04-03-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 AM
dckotwicki
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Yes

If you are genuinely interested in canceling, you can get en even better price.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Two have already canceled...another on the way as soon as I call in the next day or so.

What is the better price?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 AM
greengo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Id rather us Pandora.... Its FREE
And actually has much better sound quality !
Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Why buy XM?

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Pandora for the win..... or radio.com and listen to any radio station I want to. you just dont have to pay for it these days with all the free options.
Pandora, iPod and mp3 CD's that you can make yourself are much better than XM and all it's BS. What a horrible company!

If you pay $35 for Pandora One you don't get any commercials. (If you don't you get a few every now and then.)

Last edited by Wezel; 04-08-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Add
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
bucwheat
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Wezel
Pandora, iPod and mp3 CD's that you can make yourself are much better than XM and all it's BS. What a horrible company!

If you pay $35 for Pandora One you don't get any commercials. (If you don't you get a few every now and then.)
How do you get this Pandora and is it like XM?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Nothing like XM. You tailor your account to play you only the kinds of music you want to hear. Go to Pandora.com and check it out. Set up a free account online and see how you like it. If you like it you can upgrade to Pandora One anytime, only if you want to.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Much better music variety and listener control than XM.

Go to Pandora.com or get the App for your smart phone.

Get notified of new replies

To XM Renewal (Merged)

Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Default XM renewal

Just called to renew my XM on my wife's G5 and my CRV--have 3 months free on the '13 Vette. Said I wanted to cancel, of course, and then told them I've heard of 5 month special, $25 each radio. They fell over backwards to offer it to me. So, with taxes and other crap, comes to about 20 cents a day per car for 5 months. Thanx to the guys posting the special on the forum. Anyone else nearing renewal, that's the best deal out there.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Thanks, my 3-months free expires mid-May...
Old 04-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 110 Posts

That offer should have been for 6 months not 5.

Quick Reply: XM Renewal (Merged)