C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding m.c. V. Driving vette

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 AM
87C4_4spd
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode bikes from 16 until a year ago when I sold my FLHP Road King. I have had about 16 bikes over the years and did not think I would ever quit riding. Time will tell if I really did or not.

Having a Vette as a second car kind of fills the void...
Old 03-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryL
I had the Hayabusa out today. Nice ride on some tree lined two lanes in the hills north of Santa Cruz. Stopped in at Alice's Restaurant. Saw a couple Cobras, Ferraris and even a GT40 replica.
Sounds like it was a nice day cruz around.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:24 PM
2012Z06
Instructor

I've been riding bikes for years. Started with street bikes and moved on to more comfortable bikes. On nice days I definitely look at the bikes and the vette for a bit to decide which one I'm going to take out. It's a good dilemma to have!!!!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-17-2013, 12:39 PM
New World Matt
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
I love bikes also. Many years ago I had the big one and now I walk with a limp and pain with every step. No more bikes for me.
Aw man . Sorry to hear that ! No more bikes for me either . I went down in '07 , thanks to a little old lady pulling in front of me . I walked away and I'm lucky to be completely fine . So I went from a BMW R1200GS to another kind of GS . The Corvette Grand Sport , and I have much more fun now ! Plus I'm safer , I have climate control , and great tunes to blast through the twisties with !

Good luck with your condition , hope you get better man !
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 PM
One Kick
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MassGT
Same thing happened to me last year. This will be the first season without a bike in 25+ years. It's not if you fall off it's when. At leagavest once a season some $hit head would try and push me into the pavement. Once you start to loose your vision and reaction time it's time to find another hobby. Love my c6 vert but I know I'm going to miss my riding friends.
I rode Harleys for 46 years, my last one was a 06 black Road King with a 103" stroked motor. My back is so bad that I wasn't comfortable on it, so I sold it and gave the dollars to my daughter towards her new house. Decided I needed another toy so I went back to vettes and got my black vert. Long story, short lesson, doesn't matter how old you are (I'm 65) toys keep you young!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM
dklowrider
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to say "if you ain't a biker for life you never really were one anyway". That sounded good til I quit riding after 30 years. I sold my Road Glide, and as some have said, never looked back. This wasn't the one with the 500 lights and fringes hanging everywhere, this was the big bore/cams/ Vance and Hines pro-pipe with the bottom of the floorboards scraped up version. Nothing better than muscling that big bike through the back road or over the mountain twisties.
But that is where you find your enemy with even less brains than the jerks in the 4 wheelers. Bambi. The big brown stupid critters that will stand there and look at you coming through a turn and decide to run as soon as you get there. Or come flying out of the trees like a rocket either scaring the crap out of you or taking you out.
It gets worse each year with new road and housing or trucking terminal construction taking their natural habitat away.
I quit while I still have both arms and legs.

Last edited by dklowrider; 03-17-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Ferocious C6
Pro

While I hate the way a cruiser rides, if I were to have one, it would be a Japanese cruiser. They're superior in pretty much every way, to a Harley. No Harley rider will ever admit this, but it is the sad truth.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 PM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferocious C6
While I hate the way a cruiser rides, if I were to have one, it would be a Japanese cruiser. They're superior in pretty much every way, to a Harley. No Harley rider will ever admit this, but it is the sad truth.
Harley's are using the same Japanese/Chinese/Mexican parts...
The idiots here are just too dumb to learn how to assemble all of the bike's collective parts properly.
A tube of Lock-tite could help them.
But at least they are overpaid enough to afford a decent union to get them more benefits.

Eric Buell and Porsche were the best things for Harley, but the dumbazz Harley crowd didn't want to improve their 1950's motorcycle.

Last edited by MikeERWNC; 03-17-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Markallamerican
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always get a kick out of those that bash Harleys. We prefer our Roadking over the Vette but enjoy both.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Ferocious C6
Pro

Originally Posted by Markallamerican
Always get a kick out of those that bash Harleys. We prefer our Roadking over the Vette but enjoy both.
Not bashing, just telling the truth.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Markallamerican
I know very little about motor cycles but HD is at the top of the food chain. If I were to get a bike (which will never be) it would be a full Blacked out V-Rod!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:29 PM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by saplumr
I know very little about motor cycles but HD is at the top of the food chain. If I were to get a bike (which will never be) it would be a full Blacked out V-Rod!
Harley owners don't acknowledge the V-Rod as a True Harley.
V-Rod is Porsche's contribution to Harley Davidson. It is an outstanding piece of machinery.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 906 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
I love bikes also. Many years ago I had the big one and now I walk with a limp and pain with every step. No more bikes for me.
Came way too close too many times and decided to quit while I was ahead years ago. Still miss it.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I ride 24,000+ miles on my bikes each year, but I still find SOME time for my GS...
Not as much last year though, as I've been spending more time on the road couses, doing track days on my YZF-R6.

Current bikes include:
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R- Just purchased in january.
2008 Honda CBR1000RR.
2005 Yamaha FZ1- Over 40,000 miles on it.
2004 Yamaha YZF-R6- Track bike.
2003 Honda Goldwing GL1800- Over 95,000 miles.
2001 Suzuki DRZ400S- Fun dual sport machine.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by saplumr
I know very little about motor cycles but HD is at the top of the food chain.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:50 PM
dklowrider
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
Harley's are using the same Japanese/Chinese/Mexican parts...
The idiots here are just too dumb to learn how to assemble all of the bike's collective parts properly.
A tube of Lock-tite could help them.
But at least they are overpaid enough to afford a decent union to get them more benefits.

Eric Buell and Porsche were the best things for Harley, but the dumbazz Harley crowd didn't want to improve their 1950's motorcycle.
Ever wonder why the dumbazz Corvette crowd still buys a car with a 1950's ohv v8? Same deal.
Eric Buell takes a Sportster motor and put it in a crotch rocket frame. The crotch rocket crowd doesn't want it because it has a Harley motor. The Harley guys don't want it because it's a crotch rocket.
Harley didn't develope the V-rod so the Harley guys could ride the newest and best technology, they wanted to attract new customers. Where are they? They don't want it because it's a Harley. It does one thing well, like my old GS1100E, goes like hell in a straight line.

Last edited by dklowrider; 03-17-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 PM
87C4_4spd
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ferocious C6
Funny how the Japanese had to copy Harley by making look alike wannabe Harley cruisers!

I have owned all kinds of bikes from Metric's to many Harley's. If I am going to buy a cruiser it will be the real thing not a copy....

Same reason I bought an 08 Hayabusa over a Buell....

Get notified of new replies

To Riding m.c. V. Driving vette

Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchsport

Would what you have in your garage have anything to do with agreeing with me that I know very little about bikes?
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dklowrider
Ever wonder why the dumbazz Corvette crowd still buys a car with a 1950's ohv v8? Same deal.
Eric Buell takes a Sportster motor and put it in a crotch rocket frame. The crotch rocket crowd doesn't want it because it has a Harley motor. The Harley guys don't want it because it's a crotch rocket.
Harley didn't develope the V-rod so the Harley guys could ride the newest and best technology, they wanted to attract new customers. Where are they? They don't want it because it's a Harley. It does one thing well, like my old GS1100E, goes like hell in a straight line.
If the Corvette still looked like it did in 1984, there would be fewer of us here.
I personally could care less about a Corvette prior to 1998.
My Bio-Dad has at least twenty collectable Vettes from 56 to present day. They just weren't my thing. I am twelve years below the median Corvette age.
Sure the Corvette is an old man's car, but they did make a few improvements in the last fifty years and you guys bought them.
Something Harley can't say. Their biggest improvement was making an all orange bike.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 PM
C6York
Intermediate

Default Idiot on an Italian Bike

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
Harley owners don't acknowledge the V-Rod as a True Harley.
V-Rod is Porsche's contribution to Harley Davidson. It is an outstanding piece of machinery.
Seems as if you have a great time beating up on the Harley Group and the bikes we love...people like you make my blood boil...if you do not understand what parts are on this bike or who builds them just shut up...Keep your red machine and ride all you want.......after 110 years of building a bike that has more followers than your brand will have ever..

Quick Reply: Riding m.c. V. Driving vette