C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding m.c. V. Driving vette

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchsport

You're too funny. Who is sensitive? You are just looking to argue.
Have a nice day sir.
You're the one that was questioning me. I'm having a nice day so we can friendly part ways.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:48 AM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Brand bashing always ends this way. That's why it's usually forbidden on most forums. Apparently not here.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:53 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryL
Brand bashing always ends this way. That's why it's usually forbidden on most forums. Apparently not here.
I just think bikers are as passionate about what they ride as most are about what they drive. It's all good!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by saplumr
You're the one that was questioning me. I'm having a nice day so we can friendly part ways.
One thing we agree on...If I ever bought a Harley, it would only be a V-Rod.

I just can't afford one...
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 AM
g35206c6a6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything was going fine until Ferocious chimed in. Owned 27 bikes thru the years, never had a Harley but still think thier beautiful in thier own way. Might get one when I retire and move out of Calif.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 AM
PABO
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Ladies/gents this post was meant for opinions on riding Vs driving not to bash brands of bikes.I does not matter what you ride as long as you RIDE.......
Old 03-18-2013, 06:56 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

My significant "other" vehicle is a 2012 Road King. I sometimes have to toss the coin. Both get plenty of use. In the colder weather the Vette will win. But with the later winter weather as it has been, neither have seen any action.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM
JohnAE455
Racer

I've been riding since 1964 and would still rather ride then be in a cage, when there isn't any ice. Lately though there has been a huge increase in deer (counted 30 in one herd) and it has become almost like playing dodge deer, so much so that I put a deer guard on my truck. Will not ride after it starts getting dark and would even hate to drive the vette at those times. Much rather deal with the left turn idiots then a deer.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Love to ride! I get a bike every few years depending on what my mood is at the time. Current ride is a 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO, it's a wheelie good time!

Gotta tell ya though, my new Z06 gets more use than the Duc. Regarding HD - they are the KING of marketing / branding...just as this thread shows...hey, I don't care what ya ride...just ride! I rent a Harley every few years to go riding with a buddy/client of mine and his group up in Chicago...I always have a good time!

Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 PM
purvistechie
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
I have nothing against Harley other than old technology.
It is the narrow minded Harley owners. Harley has tried to innovate their brand their public has held them back.
In season Harley's out number every other bikes here ten to one.
Maybe one in every 100 Harley owners actually know how to ride a motorcycle.
Which is OK. It is the Harley owners who keep us with the best ambulances and helicopters.
It is also nice having so many trauma unit so close to home.
So keep buying Harley's.

This doesn't happen if you learn to ride. All the loud pipes in the world cannot save your life.

Takes all kinds doesn't it?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:39 PM
C6York
Intermediate

Default MC vs C6

I traded my 2010 Camaro for my C6 2012...love the car...and the roof that comes off...but when I want fresh air...my bike and I bond...

Bikes are not the problem..its people on them who have limited abilities who cause problems...not the brand...Harleys are not something to prove you can corner with..a Ducati or a *** crotch rocket can...but on long runs a harley or another type of touring bike is easier on my back.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
dklowrider
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TerryL
You're right-on there. I would have a whole lot to say, but some already know, and the rest don't care what you say anyway. It's a dead end.
At least when you ask what the best tires are no one gets mad.
Usually.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:45 PM
dklowrider
Drifting

Originally Posted by purvistechie
Takes all kinds doesn't it?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Not sure if y'all remember this thread...motorcycle MEETS vette...(edited to add that this was not my vette/bike, etc...just posted the below to give my experience of the Dragon).

Wife and I ran the Dragon August of last year...it was a BLAST...but S L O W...made the "mistake" of running it on a Saturday, barely able to run the speed limit, which in some sections would've been HAULING BUTT! We plan to go back this summer and run it during the week, along with all the other great roads out there (there are a LOT of them!). Would like to run my Duc on it sometime too...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...he-dragon.html

Last edited by Captain Buddha; 03-18-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It shouldn't matter what you ride if you're on two wheels you're a biker to me. I could care less if some dude was having fun on a bobbed out 250 or a Goldwing with a cup holder as long as they are respectful of others.

I personally loved my little Suzuki Intruder, the roommates GSXR and my Crossbones but I like to go fast and have some protection from the elements so I take the car. I respect everyone on the road no matter what vehicle they are in because it only takes one idiot driver to kill you regardless of the number of wheels they are on top of.

Throw another brand name in on any forum and people fight like kids.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Ferocious C6
Pro

Originally Posted by 87C4_4spd
Funny how the Japanese had to copy Harley by making look alike wannabe Harley cruisers!

I have owned all kinds of bikes from Metric's to many Harley's. If I am going to buy a cruiser it will be the real thing not a copy....

Same reason I bought an 08 Hayabusa over a Buell....
Of course, because that's how marketing goes. If the Japanese want to target the HD market, how would they do it by making motorcycles that don't look the same?
I am talking about the engine, the transmission, the drivetrain in general, the suspension, everything. The Japanese are superior to the Harley's in almost every way. In fact, Harley even started copying things that the Japanese do, just because they were losing out on it.
HD rides upon its American heritage and name, but that will only get it do far. With the older generations, who actually care about things like that, slowly aging or passing away, that desire will fade away. And then HD will actually need to work harder.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,739 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchsport
A Harley Davidson is the most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing byproduct of horsepower.

Most of all, I love dependable, liquid-cooled, long lasting durability in my motorcycles. I have too many friends with HDs that spend too much time in the shop. Or they spend $5,000+ on the engine to get it ALL the way up to 90 horsepower, only to have it break down.
Heck, my smallest street bike (R6) has 125 hp.

I've been riding for 32 years now. Well over a quarter of a million miles.
I know i've NEVER been let down by any of my japanese bikes.
Lots of people don't like Harleys on this forum and choose other rides without shooting there mouths off like yourself. It can only mean one thing. You WANT a Harley but for some reason it has eluded you.After23 yrs. of riding I don't know what it's like to be stuck on the side of the road. B.T.W. your "let down" is coming, that is, when you decide to sell it.

Get notified of new replies

To Riding m.c. V. Driving vette

Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 AM
SquareHead
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Why do Harley riders never go faster than 45 mph? Any faster and they can't see where the parts fell off!

And I should know, I have owned three Harley!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 316 Likes on 202 Posts

I ride a Vespa GTS250 I almost always ride m-thurs to work. California Rideshare gives me $3 a day for alternate form of transpo plus 70mpg and the fun factor is hard to beat
Old 03-19-2013, 09:18 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,739 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferocious C6
While I hate the way a cruiser rides, if I were to have one, it would be a Japanese cruiser. They're superior in pretty much every way, to a Harley. No Harley rider will ever admit this, but it is the sad truth.
Another one.---It's the sad truth?

Quick Reply: Riding m.c. V. Driving vette