C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got an Exhaust Ticket in Los Angeles... What now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 09:20 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by gotz06?
Move to another state
yup. you are an adult. no reason to let someone treat you like a child
Old 04-06-2019, 09:21 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Zachen
Agreed, Californian here, wish all brainless selfish people with modified loud exhausts and related teenager mindset would leave.
To many of you here.
2019 now hope the cops ticket the shiet out of you people with the new law in place.
a Prius forum may be a better choice for you

Last edited by NY09C6; 04-06-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Peter Zachen
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Homeless, high prices, needles.... all correct.

But what in the world has this to do with annoyingly loud vehicles driving through or nearby neighborhoods?
The share of these increased sharply in the last years.
I do not understand how an intelligent person could consider driving such a vehicle close to the public as their "personal freedom"?
Yeah, and so thinks the other guy 10 vehicles behind him in his hot new Mustang, another 15 vehicles down comes that cool dude on his Harley.
daily live nearby any busy road these days.

Give me a f...ing break, its just uncivilized and selfish, that's all it is.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:34 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I hear the fine is now $1000, they hold the mic 12 inches from your bumper and rev it to (was it specified redline?)5krpm
I could put the quietes mufflers in the world on mine and it would still fail. Screw this place
Old 04-06-2019, 09:59 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,600 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Agreed, Californian here, wish all brainless selfish people with modified loud exhausts and related teenager mindset would leave.
To many of you here.
2019 now hope the cops ticket the shiet out of you people with the new law in place.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:01 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
I retired and love San Diego. You want crap try Vegas! Oh wait you did!
There is a lot to be said for San Diego. If I was going to live in CA, it would be San Diego, or Santa Barbara. As for crap in Vegas, I defy you to find an all-out tent city, widespread needles or feces on the sidewalk, or a cost of living that virtually requires many people to have multiple roommates. You can do much worse than Vegas.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:02 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlownGTP
Where hell did you come from? You crying about loud exhaust on a Corvette forum...... Really!!!
He is certainly no automotive enthusiast. He visited the forum to raise some hell....
Old 04-06-2019, 10:08 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
I retired and love San Diego. You want crap try Vegas! Oh wait you did!
Second reply....it should be noted that you could not counter even one of my points about CA. If your best shot is to find fault with MY state, you have lost the argument in every way possible. Again, best wishes to you in the beautiful place you are. One of my best friends LOVES San Diego, and bitches about everything but the beauty and the weather..
Old 04-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 984 Likes on 711 Posts

All I ask is if you are fortunate enough to leave that &^%%^%$ So Cal ( or almost any place in that state) PLEASE DONT BRING THE LIBERAL CRAP WITH YOU
Old 04-06-2019, 10:27 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Second reply....it should be noted that you could not counter even one of my points about CA. If your best shot is to find fault with MY state, you have lost the argument in every way possible. Again, best wishes to you in the beautiful place you are. One of my best friends LOVES San Diego, and bitches about everything but the beauty and the weather..
Cost of living is a killer here. Thank goodness my house is paid for. But my job took me all over the U.S. and needless to say we are happy! It seems we get LOTS of Nevada-Arizona people during summer. They bitch about our prices, pay them and then go home. Must not be to bad.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:31 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Homeless, high prices, needles.... all correct.

But what in the world has this to do with annoyingly loud vehicles driving through or nearby neighborhoods?
The share of these increased sharply in the last years.
I do not understand how an intelligent person could consider driving such a vehicle close to the public as their "personal freedom"?
Yeah, and so thinks the other guy 10 vehicles behind him in his hot new Mustang, another 15 vehicles down comes that cool dude on his Harley.
daily live nearby any busy road these days.

Give me a f...ing break, its just uncivilized and selfish, that's all it is.
My comment has very little to do with the original post, which is now TWO YEARS OLD, and has no current relativity for the OP.
On this forum, and particularly in the General Discussion area, threads often get off-topic compared to the original post, especially once the needs of the OP have been met/exhausted.

Your comment about hoping the police ticket people elicits a question from me..."What do you do that is illegal, and don't get in trouble for?" Would I hope that the police catch you? Not a chance, unless you were physically harming or endangering someone.

I actually DO agree that extreme noise from vehicles is annoying, and that common sense laws should be enforced. I do not consider the current exhaust laws in CA to be common sense. Further, I consider them to erode freedom, as at least half of the vehicles on CA highways will not meet the very strict letter of the law. My final point, regarding the disgusting condition of so many metro areas in CA, is this: CA has a history of selectively enforcing those laws that Sacramento deem important, and ignoring those laws that Sacramento does not care about. CA charges for plastic shopping bags (which are probably the most re-used plastic item in the nation), wants to outlaw soda straws, wanting to outlaw plastic bottles, not allowing portable gas cans of more than 1 gallon, and which cannot be opened by anything less than a Sawzall. Meanwhile, drug use is rampant, street disease and filth are spreading at an alarming level, high-level misdemeanors are generally not even pursued, criminal illegal immigrants are seldom extradited for crimes elsewhere, and much else. Yet, let someone in a loud car drive by, and it's a ticket right now.

As I already stated, I wish the best to you in CA.

Last edited by buckmeister2; 04-06-2019 at 10:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Vet Interested (04-06-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 10:51 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

Californian here.
sucks to be you

Quick Reply: Just got an Exhaust Ticket in Los Angeles... What now?