C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who can I contact at gm that cares.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 09:27 AM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

Contact a lawyer and/or file your own small claim in local court. This is your best recourse and is probably the only one that will result in any action from GM. It's sad to say, but this is the way it works nowdays. Anything short of legal action is a waste of time. It will cost you some money initially to retain counsel, but it will pay off in the end.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:53 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

^ We still don't know what, of anything is wrong with the car, do we?
Old 06-24-2017, 03:34 PM
Jeffer
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

And to answer the original question, no one. If they didn't care about killing people, do you think they care about a 8+ year old car? They barely care about customers buying new cars.[/QUOTE]

Agreed
Old 06-25-2017, 09:00 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by 919cw313
^ We still don't know what, of anything is wrong with the car, do we?

The problem seems to be that when putting his car back together, they forgot to put in the transmission fluid. As a result of driving it around with no fluid, seems to be that his tranny is now toast.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:41 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,349 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Unreal
...put it in gear on a lift and just drive it up to 20-30mph for a minute or two...
Must be a looooong lift!
Old 06-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

My 2 post lift works just fine with the wheels up in the air.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:37 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

When and if you talk with GM please bring up the ever lasting Harmonic Balancer POS that they used for umpteen years
NSF
Old 06-26-2017, 06:32 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
100% sure. The radiator holds a good ammount of fluid. If the radiator was drained, then the system needs to be run (can put it in gear on a lift and just drive it up to 20-30mph for a minute or two) and then that will pump the fluid up front.

Everytime I've done this, tranny takes ~3/4 of a quart more fluid. Search on here and you can find case after case of failed manual transmissions because of this.
So this procedure is incorrect? https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-specific.html

I ran my car and had still had a small dribble of fluid after pulling fill plug.

I knew the rear diff needed a run and check but am unaware of the transmission requiring this. Could I have some issue?

Last edited by User Omega; 06-26-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:54 PM
Justincase427
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tra

Originally Posted by 919cw313
So what's wrong with the car right now? Your post is difficult to read.
My trans is shot .
Old 06-26-2017, 09:15 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Justincase427
My trans is shot .
Elaborate, please. What did the dealer say? Are you still covered on warranty?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Justincase427
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Elaborate, please. What did the dealer say? Are you still covered on warranty?
I took it to a different dealership today they said they are going to pull the trans and see what failed. The service manager was pretty helpful actually was the most help I had from a gm employee...
Old 06-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Justincase427
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jeffer
And to answer the original question, no one. If they didn't care about killing people, do you think they care about a 8+ year old car? They barely care about customers buying new cars.
Agreed[/QUOTE]
Ya but you would think when they have to put out over 20 grand for repairs in two months something would catch someone important would catch this and look into it a bit.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:36 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

I took it to a different dealership today they said they are going to pull the trans and see what failed. The service manager was pretty helpful actually was the most help I had from a gm employee...
Good. Things are looking up!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Justincase427
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Good. Things are looking up!
I really hope so . Thanks for asking man I really appreciate it Hoping gm man's up and takes care of it . I really don't want to waste time in a court room , would rather be out driving my car enjoying it only had it out five times this year and it's been very ruff to say the least .
Old 06-27-2017, 07:46 AM
10thumper
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Are the dealership employees actually GM employees? Just sayin...

Good luck. Like others have said remain totally calm but firm on your position. Don't mess with the car anymore it's their job to fix it. Give them a chance.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:20 PM
Justincase427
Intermediate

Originally Posted by z28lt1
First off, all this stinks, and I'm sorry it happened to you.

However, as you noted, the car is under GMPP warranty, correct? So either the dealer will cover it as their mistake (which they seem like they are not doing) or GMPP will cover it as a warranty issue. Does it matter to you who pays as long as it is fixed? Despite the current inconvenience and hassles you are having, the best remedy is to get it fixed, get back in your car and start driving!
Hey man thanks so much , that is exactly my plan have my fingers and shoe laces crossed , that the warranty covers it and I can enjoy the rest of the summer cruzing around in my girl. I really appreciate man thanks.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:36 PM
Justincase427
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AORoads
And I will give another gloomy opinion based on your post. First, it is barely readable. And if you are talking with, or writing to anyone in this manner, they might have difficulty understanding the car's issues/problems. Second, with the amount of work you have done to the car AFTER you got it back, the dealer may say they have no responsibility for its current condition. Finally, I believe you are certainly fortunate to have had the engine replaced at GM's expense. I also think you will not be getting any more free or warranty replacements but I wish you luck in that regard.

By the way, are there any modifications done to this car, and have you owned it since it was new?
I have no mods on my car am the only owner . The only thing that is not bone stock is the clutch but it is a gm part number zr1 clutch and if you don't know the 08 Corvette z06 has the same trans as the zr1 so gm can't say anything about it cause it is a gm part for the zr1 not a aftermarket . And if you don't understand what I am trying to say don't read it. Plan and simple dude.

Get notified of new replies

To Who can I contact at gm that cares.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:17 PM
Jmhornz71
Drifting

Received 476 Likes on 308 Posts

GM customer service doesnt care they take your info open case and never do anything. I had a 2008 Suburban. The dash cracks on these vehicles and their brothers Just look at the Chevrolet Forum and see the thousands of posts on this. Basically you are told its your problem. But its a continuing problem from 2007-2014 and GM could care less they sold the car and they are finished with you. It sucks especially when dealing with their top line vehicles
Old 07-01-2017, 12:15 AM
IansInGarage
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I do work on side now from my day job, but used to be a professional mechanic. I'll say this. It's a job that's under paid and under appreciated a lot. So there are a ton of bad mechanics out there, who for their own fault or not will do terrible work. It's too bad there isn't a review system for mechanics that you can track and request work from. I can't personally trust any other mechanics with my car, but i'm forced to for alignments. So what I do is ask to speak with a mechanic and I see if they are a gear head. Find another guy obsessed with cars and usually you become instant buddies and the work shows.

Good luck.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:01 PM
Justincase427
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ben101er
I am really sorry for the problems you are having. I know you say that you want to settle this out of court, but, after reading the steps you have taken, and the responses you have gotten, I really don't see any alternative. A good attorney will either get them to see it your way, or will get a jury to make them do the right thing. Good luck.
Hey there man I just wanted to update my post,
Gm is taking care of my transmission under warranty.

Quick Reply: Who can I contact at gm that cares.