C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little red corvette dent

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 09:16 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bgspot
I live in Louisiana and I don't believe I've ever seen heat do this. If anything, i would think heat would make something expand. You brother may very well be telling the truth, but that doesn't mean some one else didn't hit your car....
i thought that too i am still out of town so i will have to wait
Old 07-23-2017, 09:18 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
About your picture taking abilities
NSF
that was my brother i am out of town i told him to get a better phone.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:22 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Pour a pot of boiling or very hot water over it and pop it back out. You can use a plunger or stick your hand up under and pop it out. You'll have to rewax your ride afterwards.
i told him the same thing but not sure if i want hime to mess with that till i get back in to town thanks for the info
Old 07-23-2017, 09:24 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by WW7
Your running 2 threads with the same pictures and question , I don't think your suppose to do this....WW
yes i did not think the other one had posted but i cannot find were to delete it at but if you know please share i am new to the site thank you.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:27 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford
From the the looks of the first picture. Something came down on the bumper cover and buckled the side. It looks separated at the top and slanted down. Id think there would be scratches from the garage door on the top part of the bumper cover. Check the bottom of the garage door.

This would cause that too.
That was one of the things i asked him if he or someone leaned on the back i even asked about the door coming down on it to but he said there is no market on it not sure but till i get back home i will not know.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:16 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

You didn't show the top of the car looking down...it appears to have quite a gap between the hatch lid and rear panel. If the car was smacked on top by the GD, it could cause a buckle at the bottom, and there would be some marking on top. If not that, then one of the last times it was out, someone hit it low, probably with a front bumper.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:30 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

I too live in Florida and have not seen any deformity like you have. I go to many Vette shows and nobody has this problem
Old 07-24-2017, 08:08 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
You didn't show the top of the car looking down...it appears to have quite a gap between the hatch lid and rear panel. If the car was smacked on top by the GD, it could cause a buckle at the bottom, and there would be some marking on top. If not that, then one of the last times it was out, someone hit it low, probably with a front bumper.
i am not there that is what my brother sent me i am still out of town. but what do you do.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:10 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by enventr
I too live in Florida and have not seen any deformity like you have. I go to many Vette shows and nobody has this problem
i am not sure what to think there is no marks on the car anywhere from what my brother said and my son so i will have to wait till i get back.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:16 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by mrboatman11
i am not there that is what my brother sent me i am still out of town. but what do you do.
What do you do? Nothing. Take it to go get fixed. A body shop will tell you exactly where it was hit and what happened once they go repair it. As far as your brother, I say give him a "get out of jail free" card and forget about it.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:18 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
About your picture taking abilities
NSF
i did not take the picture my brother did i am out of town lol
Old 07-24-2017, 08:26 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

In that case, buddy, enjoy yourself. You can't do anything about it...don't let it ruin your trip. It's just a car, and it will be what it was before without too much effort.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:44 PM
mrboatman11
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
What do you do? Nothing. Take it to go get fixed. A body shop will tell you exactly where it was hit and what happened once they go repair it. As far as your brother, I say give him a "get out of jail free" card and forget about it.
i work for GE i am not blaming my brother like you said its just a car.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:50 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Just put a battery tender on it until you get back. There is no need to start the car on a weekly basis. And if you aren't letting it run for at least 30 minutes, you are just letting moisture buildup in the crankcase.
The following users liked this post:
mrboatman11 (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 05:25 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by ByRiver
Just put a battery tender on it until you get back. There is no need to start the car on a weekly basis. And if you aren't letting it run for at least 30 minutes, you are just letting moisture buildup in the crankcase.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:12 AM
itomh
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

I say brother took it for an innocent spin, why not? It will be just for a minute and will help charge the battery! I say his mistake was that he didn't do well parking it back in the garage far enough and closed the garage door on it. I would test that theory......does garage door have the safety sensors on it? If so, slide an empty box under garage door while it's closing and see if the tension crushes box. Bottom line, I'd rather come home to a dead battery then have to body work to my Vette. Next time put it on a battery tender and pull ignition fuse like I do when I go on vacation.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:26 PM
CHEV AGAIN
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Hi i am new so forgive if this is wrong. i have a 2006 c6 base with mods, and my question is that my car has been sitting in my garage for a month now as i am out of town. my brother starts my car weekly and he noticed a buckle in the drivers side rear lower panel behind the tire.i must say to that i live in Florida (hot) he has not driven the car do you think that the heat would do this. yes i am sure my bother is telling me the truth lol. has anyone had this issue. Thank you
My money is on the garage door got closed onto the car.

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Little red corvette dent

Old 07-26-2017, 12:55 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford

This would cause that too.
Too funny!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:58 PM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

is this under water??
Old 07-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

I live in the desert where my garage has gotten well up into triple digits and have never had a problem with any damage caused from heat. Something hit/pressed (hard) against your bumper or your Vette hit something to cause that damage.

Quick Reply: Little red corvette dent