C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Air Pressure, Right front tire

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 08:01 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Linecapt
For once, I'm not getting much help on here, unlike past posts. More smart *** comments than anything.

Like I said, the message comes up intermittently. Not when I first start out of the garage for the day, so evidently the pressure is ok then, and for the most part of the drive. Tire pressures are within .5-1 PSI from each other, but not far below 30, when checked with a tire gauge. The sensors may be original from when the car was built in '05. I am the second owner, owning it for 9 years, so unsure if they were ever changed by the original owner. But some of the helpful votes thought it could be the tire sensor itself.
As others have said, change the TPM's. I also have an '05, I changed mine 5 years ago when I had new tires put on. From everything I've read 7-9 years is what you can expect from the sensors so you're due. Good luck!
Old 10-19-2017, 08:59 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLo
Low at start-up but then as the tires warm up the air inside expands and reaches the threshold to turn off the warning? Or does it come on after the tires are warm/you've been driving for awhile?
Definately the sign of a slow leak. Ive had it many times . With me it was always a puncture in the tire usually a nail or screw with the head worn off

Clif
Old 10-20-2017, 05:23 PM
72GACRZR
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=z06clif;1595798354]Definately the sign of a slow leak. Ive had it many times . With me it was always a puncture in the tire usually a nail or screw with the head worn off

My 2008 has chrome split spokes and last year I replaced the tires, this year the left front kept losing 2-4 pounds in a week or so. I took it to the shop I got them from and they could not find a reason, so they sent me to another tire specialty tire shop where they found the chrome was scaling so that the rim was the leak. I have since taken it to another shop the grinds the inside smooth and it is fine.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:02 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Linecapt
Get the message occasionally while driving but then goes away in minutes, as if it suddenly interpreted the proper PSI. Gets annoying. Don't want to bring it to Chevrolet and let them throw parts at it (tire valve stem sensor or sensor reader itself). What's your guys take?
Next time you post with a question, please indicate year and miles. It helps to know that info.
And, yes, put air in the tire.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:05 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Next time you post with a question, please indicate year and miles. It helps to know that info.
And, yes, put air in the tire.
Is there a certain reason for this ?? Does a slow leaking tire effect different years differently ??....

Quick Reply: Low Air Pressure, Right front tire