C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleartastic

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 PM
KyBiker
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleartastic

I am new to the Corvette world and the forum. I did a search for Cleartastic but it returned no reviews so I apologize if this has been covered somewhere and I did not find it.
Has anyone used this product? How easy does it install. How does it look? Is it worth the $. Local paint protection installer wants $800 to cover front bumper, half the fenders and hood. Would still need behind front wheels and in front of rears. Suggestions and ideas appreciated.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:50 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-results.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...kits-sale.html
The following 2 users liked this post by ptroxx:
Cleartastic (06-07-2018), KyBiker (06-06-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Cleartastic
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05, '15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by KyBiker
I am new to the Corvette world and the forum. I did a search for Cleartastic but it returned no reviews so I apologize if this has been covered somewhere and I did not find it.
Has anyone used this product? How easy does it install. How does it look? Is it worth the $. Local paint protection installer wants $800 to cover front bumper, half the fenders and hood. Would still need behind front wheels and in front of rears. Suggestions and ideas appreciated.
Thanks for checking into our product. For what its worth, we have been providing "Do it yourself" paint protection kits for corvettes for over 20 years. In that time we have sold thousands of kits.

Every major distributor and a truck load of smaller companies have sold our product for just as many years. If it was no good, looked bad, hard to apply, tons of returns.... our distributors would tell us to go take a hike. We have also been a forum sponsor here for 17 years.

Had grabbed these...

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
I installed the Cleartastic kit on my C7 and it came out great. I'd never done anything like that before and it really wasn't that difficult.
Originally Posted by John Micheal Henry
My rocker kit installed very easy. Hardest part was pulling the factory plastic off. This kit offers better coverage that the factory….
… Looks great and I can't really tell where the edges are on my LRG.. Thanks for a great product
Originally Posted by My11thVette
This product gets the job done. Support our small business vendor, Ed is a great guy and does not release a kit unless it is perfect. Very simple to install if you follow the directions. I have bought 4 kits from TKO and it was money well spent.
Originally Posted by SharkbyteLT4
I had them on when I first got my Z. you can't beat the protection for under hundred bucks. The area behind the front wheels was a bitch to put on while the rest was a piece of cake.
Originally Posted by conlaurant
Great product, EZ install. Imperfections (from a novice installer like myself) usually disappear after curing as well as being in the sun..... Used it on my C6
Originally Posted by BERETTA
I have used their products and I like them. I just put on a set of the rear quarter panel pieces and they turned out good and provide protection where you need it.
Originally Posted by LGK-SD
Only kit I got from ClearTastic is the one for the leading area of the rear fender area just behind the doors. They were cut perfect and went on like they said they would.
You have got to follow the instructions:
you make up a spray bottle of distilled water with 3 drops of Dawn in it. Alcohol clean the body surface first. Spray the body and the back of their product really WET with the soapy solution.
Allows you to fit it for about 5 minutes real wet with no rushing. THEN using a credit card with a clean cotton rag wrapped around it start from the middle of the piece and with light pressure smooth it out. I was amazed before even starting that process of smoothing there were next to no air bubbles in it. Just take your time and smooth it out first with light pressure then a little more. You'll see a few bubbles appear but they push right out to the edge and gone.

If the front end kit is as good as this one, I would attempt it although I assume that material is considerably thicker (or should be!) and may be tougher to apply.

Gotta see what other cars they make products for.
Originally Posted by Strake
….. Easy to get ahold of, and the kind of company any of us would like to buy from.

Any question, feel free to contact us direct 1800 778 9898

Ed

Number 1 "Do It Yourself" Protection Kits Since 1996

*Serving The Corvette Forum Members For 20 Years!
*Invisible Once Applied
*Tough As Nails Protection
*Saves You Time, Money & Of Course Your Paint
*Proudly Made In The USA
CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE! http://www.cleartastic.com

Last edited by Cleartastic; 06-07-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:21 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

I met some people at corvette car shows that had their entire car covered with this product. It looked great and I could not tell it was on.
The following 2 users liked this post by enventr:
Cleartastic (06-12-2018), TKO Performance (06-08-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Cleartastic

Quick Reply: Cleartastic