Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MPG Check-In

Old 02-13-2019, 10:59 PM
theandrewo
CF Senior Member

08 base 6spd w/intake & Procharger P1

9-11mpg average per tank via DIC. 70/30 street/highway and I drive it like I stole it.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:11 AM
KingCorvette93
CF Senior Member

Anyone use "regular" gas? Just curious.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by KingCorvette93 View Post
Anyone use "regular" gas? Just curious.
There apparently seems to be some posters here or there that do, but the recommended minimum I believe is 91 octane for most C6 engines.

There is no legitimate reason to use a lesser octane unless one is so poor they can't afford the extra 25 or whatever per gallon. In that case, they probably shouldn't be driving a Corvette -- maybe stick to a motorcycle or bicycle.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Corvette_Ed
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
There apparently seems to be some posters here or there that do, but the recommended minimum I believe is 91 octane for most C6 engines.

There is no legitimate reason to use a lesser octane unless one is so poor they can't afford the extra 25 or whatever per gallon. In that case, they probably shouldn't be driving a Corvette -- maybe stick to a motorcycle or bicycle.
In my local area the difference in price is 90-99 cents per gallon.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed View Post
Honestly Ed, I don't even look at gas prices -- which is why I used the qualifier "or whatever".

And I'm not overflowing with money that I can't figure out how to spend.

But in the big picture, what I spend on gas per month is less than what my landline/internet costs. So, it's not relevant to my lifestyle.

I get into "discussions" with friends who are always talking about gas prices. One in particular is a retired mail carrier with a comfortable pension. But for some reason, "gasoline" seems to be a commodity that should be either dirt cheap or better yet, free. Or so their obsession leads one to believe.

I tell them that gas today, adjusted for inflation, is as cheap as it's ever been. It doesn't even register with them because the price of gasoline is some sort of untouchable religious thing, so me telling them that is like trying to convince a preacher that God doesn't exist.

Then there's the inevitable anti-liberty business-bashing (always by people who have never really RUN one) that "The (evil) oil companies make obscene profits!" Umm, no, they don't. They are no more "profitable" over the long-term than any other blue chips. And the retired mail carrier does invest in the stock market, so I tell him that if he really believes it, he should put everything into oil or STFU. Of course, he just laughs it off.

Or, I have told these people that if they think gas is too high they are free to invest millions, start their own oil company, start drilling in the various war zones around the world, ship it here and refine it, and see if you can beat the current pump price. More laughs.

Then I ask them why they never obsess over food/shoes/tires/phone/heat/ etc. etc. etc. prices. More laughter. Only gasoline has the sacred honor of something that no matter the current price it is always too high and should really be free.

Ah well, in another 10-15 years it will all be over and I won't have to listen to it. Unless it is also a big discussion in hell.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:48 AM
windyC6
CF Senior Member

Honestly Ed, I don't even look at gas prices -- which is why I used the qualifier "or whatever".

But in the big picture, what I spend on gas per month is less than what my landline/internet costs. So, it's not relevant to my lifestyle.

I get into "discussions" with friends who are always talking about gas prices. One in particular is a retired mail carrier with a comfortable pension. But for some reason, "gasoline" seems to be a commodity that should be either dirt cheap or better yet, free. Or so their obsession leads one to believe.

I tell them that gas today, adjusted for inflation, is as cheap as it's ever been. It doesn't even register with them because the price of gasoline is some sort of untouchable religious thing, so me telling them that is like trying to convince a preacher that God doesn't exist.

Then there's the inevitable anti-liberty business-bashing (always by people who have never really RUN one) that "The (evil) oil companies make obscene profits!" Umm, no, they don't. They are no more "profitable" over the long-term than any other blue chips. And the retired mail carrier does invest in the stock market, so I tell him that if he really believes it, he should put everything into oil or STFU. Of course, he just laughs it off.

Or, I have told these people that if they think gas is too high they are free to invest millions, start their own oil company, start drilling in the various war zones around the world, ship it here and refine it, and see if you can beat the current pump price. More laughs.

Then I ask them why they never obsess over food/shoes/tires/phone/heat/ etc. etc. etc. prices. More laughter. Only gasoline has the sacred honor of something that no matter the current price it is always too high and should really be free.

Ah well, in another 10-15 years it will all be over and I won't have to listen to it. Unless it is also a big discussion in hell.

LOL. Bruze you sound like an oil executive for one of the big oil companies. I remember back when the oil prices really started to sky-rocket that when the oil company execs were interviewed they would always make the comment that "Well, gasoline is still cheaper by the gallon then bottled water"........
Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 PM
johnodrake
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 02-14-2019, 02:09 PM
ramvette01

I have an 01 Convertible with a 6 speed manual. I used to get around 20mpg, but lately it's dropped to about 15, without any appreciable change in driving. Don't know why, but would be interested to hear remedies.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:30 AM
Cherokee Nation
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed View Post
Down here it's 32 cents more for 93 as of Monday.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:05 AM
PrecisionVette

2005 A4 with 3.15 rear. In the 4 months ive had my vette the dic has the avg. consistanly between 17.5 and 17.7 mpg in the city. Thats mostly moderate stop n go traffic with the AC on. Not sure what I get on the highway. If I drive as conservatively as possible ive got it up to 18.3 Car is stock except for a 25% UD ATI balancer. 17 mile daily commute to and from work.

Last edited by PrecisionVette; 02-16-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:57 PM
C6KWJ
CF Senior Member

13 city highway combined

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MPG Check-In

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: