C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the end of the YOU LUZE Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by jimijam
^ I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well and had to call out sick tomorrow.
I really wish I was in the position to do that, but I just started this job and am not ready to push things that much yet. I'll have to wait for their report.
The following users liked this post:
jimijam (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 12:21 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Oh, my gosh, Ed, you certainly have been hit (sometimes literally) with it lately.

Sorry to hear another one.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:42 AM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
I really wish I was in the position to do that, but I just started this job and am not ready to push things that much yet. I'll have to wait for their report.
maybe they can video it for you
Old 07-15-2019, 07:27 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

well that sucks, .. sorry man. I know how you feel, not as bad as yours, but I had recently got mine back from the shop after a front collision. And I was driving down the FL Turnpike a week ago and the car in front swerved, and shot back this large metal bar in the road which hit the front of my pristine front end on the lower bumper and gouged it, along with scratching other areas. I was so frickin pissed off.
Hope yours is fixable.
fast droptop (08-14-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 08:07 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,890 Likes on 1,912 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Ed sorry to hear you had another incident with your car. Dosen't seem possible to happen that many times in such a short period.

Best of luck with the estimate and repair. That's
Old 07-15-2019, 08:19 AM
jjfabs
Pro

Received 257 Likes on 164 Posts

The shop I took the car to will be doing its own inspection tomorrow to determine what they see as the damage done to the car before the insurance adjuster shows up on Tuesday. I'll post up their findings tomorrow after I get home from work. I just wish I was working hours that would allow me to take pictures once they have it up on the lift.
I would think they would take pictures of the damage to show you. Who doesn't have a camera with them 24/7? Good Luck.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:19 AM
ontime
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts

Because I want to enjoy driving my car, and not just watch it sit at car shows. Before I moved to Arizona I used to take it to the drag strip too. I bought my car to enjoy it, which I do as often as possible.
Good answer I used to have a C5 that I drove 70 miles to work each day that got blasted at seventy mph by a unsecured tailgate of a lime rock truck. every panel and the windshield had to be replaced and complete paint job. I can understand how helpless you felt as I couldn’t go anywhere either. Not a good feeling. I will say my car was perfect after that and I won many awards for it. Sold it and bought my GS.
Now I am just the opposite I get it all polished up and stare at in the garage. Been gun shy since then. I don’t drive it much at all. Hope it all works out for you .
Old 07-15-2019, 08:25 AM
jjfabs
Pro

LOL, a millenial would have no problem calling in sick.
The following 2 users liked this post by jjfabs:
jimijam (07-15-2019), madsonp (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 08:30 AM
jjfabs
Pro

Originally Posted by ontime
Good answer I used to have a C5 that I drove 70 miles to work each day that got blasted at seventy mph by a unsecured tailgate of a lime rock truck. every panel and the windshield had to be replaced and complete paint job. I can understand how helpless you felt as I couldn’t go anywhere either. Not a good feeling. I will say my car was perfect after that and I won many awards for it. Sold it and bought my GS.
Now I am just the opposite I get it all polished up and stare at in the garage. Been gun shy since then. I don’t drive it much at all. Hope it all works out for you .
Sounds like you're lucky to be alive!
Old 07-15-2019, 10:55 AM
marinablu67
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 218 Posts

Ed, I'm so sorry about your car, I hope that it can be repaired, and the damage is superficial, and not the undercarridge.

Every time I take my car on the road, it's a new adventure, and not always a good one. There's always something in the road waiting to rip my splitter off, pot holes, very high crowns in the intersections that gets your splitter if you go a little to fast over them etc. And my car is stock height!

About a year ago, I was driving down a residential street about 30mph, and there was someone putting out firewood on the curb. As I was approaching, one rolled right in from of me, that I couldn't avoid. It ripped part of my splitter off, rolled under car, and exited under the driver's side rocker panel just in front of the rear wheel, causing the panel to crack in several places. It wasn't large enough in diameter to do any other damage.

When I started to look for my car, I couldn't understand why there were so many garage Queens with low mileage available. Now I know why, they were afraid to drive them!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:10 AM
jpm995
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

Sounds bad, hopefully no frame damage. I assume you have had other accidents recently, how bad were these?
Old 07-15-2019, 12:01 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,350 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

So sorry for your loss...I hope it works out to your satisfaction.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:48 PM
Joey D
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Thank god you had the presence of mind not to turn the wheel to avoid it and make things worse. Hope it all works out.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:21 PM
marinablu67
Drifting

Originally Posted by owc6
Oh, my gosh, Ed, you certainly have been hit (sometimes literally) with it lately.

Sorry to hear another one.
Lisa, what's your secret to have driven a quarter million miles on the 05 without, I assume a major "road hazard"? I've had my car about 2 years now, and put about 12K miles on it since I bought it. The only thing that has happened, were numerous little annoying cosmetic scrapes coming in and out of driveways, Florida speed bumps and running over one small log, but nothing serious so far. These cars seem to be much more fragile then my Silverado 2500HD. I don't ever remember having these clearance problems, when I had my C2. BTW, my wife always tells me that I don't have gentle strength, is that your secret?
Old 07-15-2019, 01:52 PM
c05v3tt3
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Bummer, too bad you didn't have the plates to the truck that dropped the rock. It's also fortunate that no one got seriously injured or killed as a result and hopefully everything will work out on the car.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:07 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 180 Posts

Holy Crap Ed! I figured you left all your bad luck in Texas! You just can't win it seems. Hope things get sorted out to the good for you. That sounds like one hair raising ride. Looking forward to seeing what the shop says.

Hopefully good news one way or the other. Good luck with new job and home!
Old 07-15-2019, 05:33 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

So sorry to see that happen to you Ed, been there done that also and its a terrible feelin know its going to get you But in the end you are OK and that matters most of all
I would like to add that if they total; your car I know of a beautiful 2011 Grand Sport for sale, shameless spam by me , but it is for sale. I would love for it to go to another member who would care for it like I have !!!!!!!!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...cpe-a-6-a.html
Bobby

Get notified of new replies

To Is this the end of the YOU LUZE Corvette?

Old 07-15-2019, 09:04 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by SPSandman
Holy Crap Ed! I figured you left all your bad luck in Texas! You just can't win it seems. Hope things get sorted out to the good for you. That sounds like one hair raising ride. Looking forward to seeing what the shop says.

Hopefully good news one way or the other. Good luck with new job and home!
It was a crazy ride. My car was hopping all over the place as the rock worked its way from front to back. My shoulders and neck are sore from all of the bouncing. Unfortunately I didn't hear from the shop today, but the adjuster will be there tomorrow so I should hear something then. I asked them to e-mail photos of the damage once they have it on the lift.
The following 2 users liked this post by Corvette_Ed:
jimijam (07-15-2019), marinablu67 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 09:49 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by marinablu67
Lisa, what's your secret to have driven a quarter million miles on the 05 without, I assume a major "road hazard"? I've had my car about 2 years now, and put about 12K miles on it since I bought it. The only thing that has happened, were numerous little annoying cosmetic scrapes coming in and out of driveways, Florida speed bumps and running over one small log, but nothing serious so far. These cars seem to be much more fragile then my Silverado 2500HD. I don't ever remember having these clearance problems, when I had my C2. BTW, my wife always tells me that I don't have gentle strength, is that your secret?
No secrets here. Bertha has been hit five times in a parking lot (I wasn't even in it three of those times), and has run over a box spring at freeway speeds.
marinablu67 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 11:54 PM
marinablu67
Drifting

Originally Posted by owc6
No secrets here. Bertha has been hit five times in a parking lot (I wasn't even in it three of those times), and has run over a box spring at freeway speeds.
Most new cars today are not keep very long. The Corvettes are different, in that most owners baby their cars, and don't drive them very often. But if you use them as daily drivers, or go shopping at the mall, or supermarket and leave it unattended, the inevitable is going to happen. I drive my car whenever I can, and say to myself that I'm not going to get upset, but that doesn't last for very long! The reason I asked, was because I was hoping that along with the high mileage, maybe someone was able to drive one of these cars without any drama, but it wasn't meant to be.

Quick Reply: Is this the end of the YOU LUZE Corvette?