C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acceleration GAME CHANGER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 10:17 PM
Rydman313
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
This is true....but say you assign a number from nothing to full throttle and it is a ten and at ten throttle is wide open....and then suddenly you have to depress the throttle to five to get to full ten open throttle position suddenly everything happens faster....the throttle blade opens quicker with less throttle depression...so there is potentially two savings to be gained...less throttle movement and throttle opens quicker for same reason....So its "possible" you could be a little quicker in some metrics like zero to sixty or sixty foot times or even track times because you can get on the throttle and have it open quicker at any given time...but at wide open its a big fat nothing....which they don't pretend it does anything there....

We've all been sort of spoiled by drive by wire...and the manufacturers love it cause they can slow **** down to suit them...but the servo controlled throttle is in no shape form or fashion as linear and the good old throttle cable that we had back in the day...which may or may not be better depending on your outlook....These devices do indeed make it more linear....imo (but also they all might be over priced)
So.....We're essentially just being lazy, right? Only having to push it halfway for full response? Okay, sounds right to me.....
Old 05-28-2023, 10:35 PM
sirdano
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Klawp
Spot on lol. I have a pedal commander on my 4 runner and I remember how much I hate OEM throttle mapping when I drive without it. Sure you can push the pedal down but who the hell wants to push the pedal to the floor every time they drive? I feel like most people move the gas pedal maybe an inch 99% of the time they're driving.
same on wife's 2017 4runner. Came with the truck when we bought it. I tried it off then back on again yes made a big differance in her truck. Also at the time no one was able to tune Toyotas .
The corvette my tuner got rid of all throttle lag. So no need for these
Old 05-29-2023, 01:11 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,249 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Rydman313
So.....We're essentially just being lazy, right? Only having to push it halfway for full response? Okay, sounds right to me.....

I'd say dense is more likely...
Old 05-29-2023, 08:29 AM
tixeon
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I am very happy with my Soler throttle controller in my M6 car. I prefer a linear throttle response to the lazy factory throttle curve. I have it set on Sport 5 which duplicates a cable set up. Yes, having linear throttle response with a manual trans is a lot more fun for me to drive. Unless you have compared the two you have no idea. And yes a tune would accomplish the same thing. But for people like me that don't need a tune this is a option.
Old 05-29-2023, 08:56 AM
Klawp
Drifting

Received 855 Likes on 476 Posts

Plus a tune is anywhere from 4-500 more expensive than one of these. It's kind of a no brainer
Old 05-29-2023, 10:47 AM
Budarooski
Burning Brakes

Received 702 Likes on 313 Posts

Plus a tune is anywhere from 4-500 more expensive than one of these. It's kind of a no brainer
You wouldn't get a tune just for this...you'd get the mapping fixed if you had mods done and needed a tune.
Old 05-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,599 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Budarooski
You wouldn't get a tune just for this...you'd get the mapping fixed if you had mods done and needed a tune.

I would not have had a tune done without mods, but it was money well spent. It was also nowhere near $500 more than a TC costs.
Old 05-29-2023, 08:23 PM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

Received 491 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Rydman313
another one 😆 🤣
The following users liked this post:
BadAV (05-31-2023)
Old 05-29-2023, 11:47 PM
KennyPowers
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

These must be for auto cars?

On the road course you’re rev matching so it wouldnt matter

On the drag strip you’re launching from 4k so not gonna help

Street driving, “hey i wanna drive fast for 3 seconds”, might feel faster..
TortugaGS (05-30-2023)
Old 05-31-2023, 01:39 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

If you really want something that will actually move the car quicker vs making your foot connection to your brain feel like it's faster, a higher stall torque converter is the answer for A6 cars. That's when the passenger can feel the difference.
Old 05-31-2023, 10:40 AM
Klawp
Drifting

Originally Posted by GEspo
These must be for auto cars?

On the road course you’re rev matching so it wouldnt matter

On the drag strip you’re launching from 4k so not gonna help

Street driving, “hey i wanna drive fast for 3 seconds”, might feel faster..
And another one 🤣😂
BadAV (05-31-2023)
Old 05-31-2023, 02:17 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 967 Likes on 603 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Another one?
Old 05-31-2023, 02:24 PM
KennyPowers
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Old 05-31-2023, 02:26 PM
Klawp
Drifting

Originally Posted by wjnjr
Another one?
Yeah another one
Old 05-31-2023, 09:28 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Iowa
another one 😆 🤣
And another one 🤣😂
Yeah another one
Please enlighten us.
Old 05-31-2023, 10:04 PM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
Please enlighten us.
really needs an explanation? They do what they claim to do. Most negative outlooks on throttle controllers are from guys who don't purchase them. Then there's manufacturing defects for sure, but a part of negative reviews come from people who don't fully seat the connections. I don't risk bricking my ecm by over adjusting throttle tables and I can adjust my controller in a few seconds if the woman is gonna drive the car. Don't want one don't get one, but it's hard to have an opinion on a product you've never experienced.
Klawp (06-01-2023)
Old 05-31-2023, 10:08 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Originally Posted by patsgarage
op, honestly your original post sounded like a spam, which is why i made the comment i did.
Fwiw, i do agree that a throttle booster will improve the horrendous throttle mapping in a c6 (i ran a vitesse until i had ecs tune my car) and it did make a noticeable difference. While any of these controllers will make a car "feel" faster, i have yet to see any real world proof of that. I do believe that automatic cars benefit more than manual ones, due to the tcm calibration.
Originally Posted by patsgarage
short of someone ruining slicks, a bone stock c6 can blow the tires off with even a moderate launch, so quicker throttle response will not lead to faster times. Now for guys putting down big power numbers, retarding the response might come in handy, but those cars are most likely custom tuned already.
I run a dashlogic and one set of parameters i monitor is the pedal position vs throttle position. The stock programming is horrendous and not linear at all, sometimes lagging by as much as 15%. The vitesse did cure most of that set on sp5, but i also had several instances of reduced power mode and codes being thrown. I had doug a at ecs do a proper tune, so now my pp vs tp are pretty much 1:1.
Originally Posted by iowa
really needs an explanation? They do what they claim to do. Most negative outlooks on throttle controllers are from guys who don't purchase them. Then there's manufacturing defects for sure, but a part of negative reviews come from people who don't fully seat the connections. I don't risk bricking my ecm by over adjusting throttle tables and i can adjust my controller in a few seconds if the woman is gonna drive the car. Don't want one don't get one, but it's hard to have an opinion on a product you've never experienced.
rif.

Get notified of new replies

To Acceleration GAME CHANGER!!!

Old 05-31-2023, 10:12 PM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

rif.
wasn't referencing you. I made a general statement. I've had a pedal commander in any vehicle I've owned for a long time. Never any issue other than mistakenly adjusting the device while having my foot on the accelerator one time. It does what it says and your negative experience doesn't matter to me and my multiple positive experiences.
Old 05-31-2023, 10:57 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Iowa
wasn't referencing you. I made a general statement. I've had a pedal commander in any vehicle I've owned for a long time. Never any issue other than mistakenly adjusting the device while having my foot on the accelerator one time. It does what it says and your negative experience doesn't matter to me and my multiple positive experiences.
You quote me, you are referencing me.
Good for you and your "multiple positive experiences".
Old 05-31-2023, 11:00 PM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

You quote me, you are referencing me.
Good for you and your "multiple positive experiences".
I quoted you? Were you not the one to ask for the explanation? 🤷‍♂️ 😆 🤣

Quick Reply: Acceleration GAME CHANGER!!!