C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player not recognizing MP3 CD..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I picked up the iRock FM transmitter at Radio Shack today for $29.95. It works better than the previous model I had, but there is still static, and it's not as good as a powerful FM station. It does work and sounds OK....definitely worth the small amount of money.

Now, where's that damned $2 aux input on the faceplate? There is a button labeled "CD/AUX" on the 6-disc, non-nav. head unit. What's that for if there is no aux input?
Glad it works for you.. All depends on your area i guess.. It seems to me the futher back in the cabin you hold the irock the better it is.. If you put it on the passenger seat it should be ok.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:00 PM
FastMover
Drifting

Location: Tellico Plains, Tn "Wolf" Official Corvette Guard Dog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by Foosh
I picked up the iRock FM transmitter at Radio Shack today for $29.95. It works better than the previous model I had, but there is still static, and it's not as good as a powerful FM station. It does work and sounds OK....definitely worth the small amount of money.

Now, where's that damned $2 aux input on the faceplate? There is a button labeled "CD/AUX" on the 6-disc, non-nav. head unit. What's that for if there is no aux input?
You know if a schematic for the head unit was available I think an aux
input would be a snap to install. The circuitry is probably already there and all that is needed is to add an isolation resistor and a connector.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

I'd pay good money for that, if someone figures it out. It's beyond my capabilities or motivation to become an electronics guru.

Quick Reply: CD Player not recognizing MP3 CD..