Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Battle between Z06, M5, M6, 430, Porsche 997 TT at Koenigsegg test track[merged/vid]

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 AM
aaaaa
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing
Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 AM
TetraU
Drifting

Don't know if anyone else noticed it. The same M6 that got spanked by Congaman's Z06, beat the orange Gallardo pretty easily.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phantasms
C6Z06 vs 997TT

lol, I know, I know. I just want to make sure, thats al..
Old 09-25-2006, 02:51 AM
Congaman
Pro

To All: I promise to do better next year. I did win all races I was allowed to do, but still I could have done so much better. The Z06 proved to be a real monster.

Here are a link with more links from the event. For those who are interested I can say that over time you could expect about 30 videos.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...873#post859873
Old 09-25-2006, 03:12 AM
DieL
Melting Slicks

So much fun to watch. Thanks SO much for the Videos it looked like you guys had so much fun. I wanted to say I show much more appreciation for Koe****segg (probably spelled that wrong). To allow a track day with a variety of different competitors cars on their track and allow videotaping Is very very impressive. Much respect for that.

How did the Koe****segg fare or was it not allowed to be raced vs anything ? Im pretty sure it's in a whole different league...
Old 09-25-2006, 04:13 AM
KNanthrup
Instructor

I'm wondering the same thing. Did the Koenigsegg race? I see that it went out on its own for a little fun in one part.

Awesome races, I wish we did that sort of thing around here... can't imagine how much fun it would be
Old 09-25-2006, 05:37 AM
jayelleseven
Racer

Originally Posted by DieL
So much fun to watch. Thanks SO much for the Videos it looked like you guys had so much fun. I wanted to say I show much more appreciation for Koe****segg (probably spelled that wrong). To allow a track day with a variety of different competitors cars on their track and allow videotaping Is very very impressive. Much respect for that.

How did the Koe****segg fare or was it not allowed to be raced vs anything ? Im pretty sure it's in a whole different league...

you are pretty sure..?? The CCX is one of the FASTEST cars in the world_

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenigsegg_CCX#Features

its 800+ and up to 900hp (on bio fuel) with a mere 2600+lbs to move around..!

Drooling is allowed!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Congaman
Pro

Originally Posted by jayelleseven

Drooling is allowed!

The Koenigsegg CCX showed up with Christian von Koenigsegg himself behind the wheel! Imagine that you went to the Ferrari factory in Maranello and Enzo Ferrari showed up behind the wheel of an Enzo (I know that he is dead so no comment please )

The CCX didn't race any other cars. But we got lots of time to take photos and film it and feel it. To be honest it wouldn't make much sense for the CCX to race any of the other cars that day. It would kill each and everyone of us for sure.

After the event we were invited for a guided tour inside the Koenigsegg factory. Our guide was one of the Koenigsegg's top executives. Only shows how passionate these guys are about their product. We could look at cars under construction for happy new owners. The quality in every detail is just outstanding.

Sure....as I'm from Sweden you could claim that I'm biased. Then remember that I drive an American car so I think not. But did I ever get my hands on 600.000 dollars I would for sure buy a Koenigsegg over a Ferrari Enzo. No doubt about it.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:27 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Nice thread.Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Verrückt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Congaman
The Koenigsegg CCX showed up with Christian von Koenigsegg himself behind the wheel! Imagine that you went to the Ferrari factory in Maranello and Enzo Ferrari showed up behind the wheel of an Enzo (I know that he is dead so no comment please )

The CCX didn't race any other cars. But we got lots of time to take photos and film it and feel it. To be honest it wouldn't make much sense for the CCX to race any of the other cars that day. It would kill each and everyone of us for sure.

After the event we were invited for a guided tour inside the Koenigsegg factory. Our guide was one of the Koenigsegg's top executives. Only shows how passionate these guys are about their product. We could look at cars under construction for happy new owners. The quality in every detail is just outstanding.

Sure....as I'm from Sweden you could claim that I'm biased. Then remember that I drive an American car so I think not. But did I ever get my hands on 600.000 dollars I would for sure buy a Koenigsegg over a Ferrari Enzo. No doubt about it.
I met Christian earlier this year in Geneva. (No, that's not me in the pic) I must say he seemed like a very down-to-earth guy who is passionate about his cars and is the kind of enthusiast I would want to run a sports car company.

Just the fact that he allowed you to run this event on his turf shows how he actually cares about real enthusiasts. I don't think many other car companies would allow such a gathering on their private test track.

I'm at work so I can't watch the videos now, but I'm looking forward to seeing them later.

Great work, looks like a lot of fun.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Congaman
Pro

Yes, Christian von Koenigsegg is a true enthusiast and very down to earth. During the event he took the time to shake hands and talk to everyone who was interested even though I'd guess non of us had the money to become a buyer.

So he is a great guy who builds great cars. This would be my dream car:

Old 09-25-2006, 09:52 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Koenigsegg and Pagani are the finest manufacturers in the world bar none..the price tag on the car seems like a bargain when you look at their products...truely amazing...my dream garage would have both the Zonda and CCX in it, along with the SLR 722, Murcielago and the F1(completely redesigned from the inside though, i am really big on nice interiors)
Old 09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by 04 C5 Black Coupe
That would also make a pretty good down payment on an income property, perhaps a four plex? And you'd still have your Z06.
who cares!!! 4-plex show-plex... we talking about CCXs here, so Z06
Old 09-25-2006, 02:05 PM
jayelleseven
Racer

Yes, Christian von Koenigsegg is a true enthusiast and very down to earth. During the event he took the time to shake hands and talk to everyone who was interested even though I'd guess non of us had the money to become a buyer.

So he is a great guy who builds great cars. This would be my dream car:

mannnnn thats my Dream car too..! other than that jus the McLaren F1 LM =)

Damn I wish I could have been at that track, it would have been NON STOP drooling once the CCX pulled up!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:11 PM
jayelleseven
Racer

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
who cares!!! 4-plex show-plex... we talking about CCXs here, so Z06

Yes, Id rather live in a nice apartment (n drive a CCX) than nice 600,000 dollar home (n drive a Z06). Well if the real estate prices werent going to sky rocket.. :]
Old 09-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Congaman
Pro

More pictures from the event. As there is 90 more pictures I link to them. Also an obvious dial up killer.

http://www.zatzy.com/showthread.php?...=1#post3119513
Old 09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
SVT F15O
Pro

To All: I promise to do better next year. I did win all races I was allowed to do, but still I could have done so much better. The Z06 proved to be a real monster.
Didn't that M5 beat you, or did you egde it out up top>???
Awesome photos and video looks like a lot of fun! -Mat-

Get notified of new replies

To Battle between Z06, M5, M6, 430, Porsche 997 TT at Koenigsegg test track[merged/vid]

Old 09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Congaman
Pro

Originally Posted by SVT F15O
Didn't that M5 beat you, or did you egde it out up top>???
Awesome photos and video looks like a lot of fun! -Mat-
No, it didn't beat me. Closer than the M6 but he still lost. I've raced the tuned M5 many times. Never lost so far. Video will be up soon.

Please notice there is a new video with the tuned M5 against Porsche 997 TT. I can promise that you will be very, very suprised by the outcome!!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 PM
DieL
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jayelleseven

Drooling is allowed!
I guess I typed it all wrong, but that's what I meant... the CCx is in a whole different league, meaning race car.. and way above the cars in the shootout. it reminds me of back when 10 years or so I drooled all over a TVR Cerbera speed 12. Sure it was a race car not a street car but back then the hp/lb #s just made me go

but If I had the money I would still take an all carbon fibre Enzo any day.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:54 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please notice there is a new video with the tuned M5 against Porsche 997 TT. I can promise that you will be very, very suprised by the outcome!!
I saw that

Quick Reply: [Z06] Battle between Z06, M5, M6, 430, Porsche 997 TT at Koenigsegg test track[merged/vid]