Z06 New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt.. - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06
Reload this Page >

[Z06] New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt..

Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt..

Reply

 
 
 
Old 07-11-2007, 02:30 PM
  #1  
SW
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 1,434
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt..

We re-dynoed my red(track car)Z this morning. This car is one of the good running ones to start with, always been stronger than my blk Z. Now I have to work on the blk one some more . The only change from my last dyno was the addition of the "killer bee" intake/maf and a small retune. The air intake temp was 102 and in the dyno room it was 90. I also dynoed it with my HREs vs my stock wheels from last time. We did a direct before and after. Both cars have the same combination, cam, headers, port matched intake and tune. The red Z has no cats and the killer bee and vette-air..

SW

Today

Today Vs 2 months ago.

Today's graph w/ Killer Bee


Last edited by SW; 07-11-2007 at 03:44 PM.
SW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 PM
  #2  
Futfixr
CF Senior Member
 
Futfixr's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 952
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice. Recap the previous mods.
Futfixr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
  #3  
BLU-BY-U
CF Senior Member
 
BLU-BY-U's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 6,860
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

amazing how close the two "befores" dynoed within each other...because I've got to think it was a tad cooler on 5-18-07 than today. Impressive final results. Is this Patrick's tune?
BLU-BY-U is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
  #4  
SW
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 1,434
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U View Post
amazing how close the two "befores" dynoed within each other...because I've got to think it was a tad cooler on 5-18-07 than today. Impressive final results. Is this Patrick's tune?
After the first dyno, I went to a track weekend at TWS. I think the car really got "broken in" at that event, I think that's why it picked up 9 rwh on the 1st run. Yes, Patrick tuned it.

SW
SW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
  #5  
RoHo
CF Senior Member
 
RoHo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: Sandy Ego CA
Posts: 2,846
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Damm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed - very good numbers
RoHo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:13 PM
  #6  
Myhardtop
Supporting Vendor
 
Myhardtop's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2001
Location: Dallas & Chicago TX & IL
Posts: 5,786
Thanks: 0
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Futfixr View Post
Nice. Recap the previous mods.

Congrats Mr. SW.

Folks, if you want to see similar results out of your beast, please give us a call or email.

Remember this: Vette-Air (formally known as Air-Charger) and the Killer Bee combined with our package combo that will kill your next lane victim.

Also remember, our Killer Bees are being sold with the FREE FUEGO option (painted plastic bridge). The Bee stings the F1

Our heads project will complement this combo nicely and who knows, we may see 590 to 605rwhp on 93 PUMP GAS!

Again, we are not as big as the big dogs, but our results are certainly big or BIGGER than the rest.

Visit www.vette-air.com

Thanks,
Carlos

PS, this was on a independent Dyno
__________________
www.vette-air.com


Last edited by Myhardtop; 07-11-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Myhardtop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
  #7  
0LMP
Former Vendor
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Posts: 135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thats some nice power.
LMP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
  #8  
Frenchican
CF Senior Member
 
Frenchican's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Ventura, CA President GOCC
Posts: 3,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice...

Do you know what your fuel/air ratio is?
Frenchican is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:49 PM
  #9  
SW
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 1,434
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default

Originally Posted by Frenchican View Post
Nice...

Do you know what your fuel/air ratio is?
SW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
  #10  
Painrace
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Painrace's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: Mt. Juliet Tennessee
Posts: 8,048
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Default

WOW! A Z06 Corvette for each foot!

Nice numbers.
Painrace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
  #11  
Frenchican
CF Senior Member
 
Frenchican's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Ventura, CA President GOCC
Posts: 3,930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Frenchican View Post
Nice...

Do you know what your fuel/air ratio is?
Ah... :o never mind.
Frenchican is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:22 PM
  #12  
tjwong
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
tjwong's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 8,579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

SW, what other mods have you done to the car? I am assuming camshaft, headers maybe some head work? Which cam are you using. Sometime ago I installed a LG kit into a customers car and we got 565 out of it with their X5 cam package.
tjwong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 PM
  #13  
SW
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 1,434
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default

Originally Posted by tjwong View Post
SW, what other mods have you done to the car? I am assuming camshaft, headers maybe some head work? Which cam are you using. Sometime ago I installed a LG kit into a customers car and we got 565 out of it with their X5 cam package.
Red car, cam, Kooks, ported intake, no cats, stock exhaust, killer bee, vette-air & tune. Pump gas, HRE wheels, stock tires, no headwork.

Blk car, cam, Kooks, ported intake, cats, stock exhaust, LPE hi-flo maf & air intake and tune. Pump gas, HRE wheels, no headwork.

Guys, my blk car has had 4 different cams in it. I tried cams that some of the tuners say that it will make "x" power and never did. With some research, we came up with a combination that works. I got tired of being dissapointed with some of the "numbers" that have been posted here because I bought the same "pkg" and the car never made the advertized "number". My dyno numbers are real, no tricks, no lightweight wheels, no belts removed, no race gas, no a/c ducted to the air intake. What you see it what you get.. Everyone wants a big number, but I want a real number, something the car is going to make when the engine is in normal operating temp and you are driving it.

SW
SW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:01 PM
  #14  
JDRacing
CF Senior Member
 
JDRacing's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2006
Location: Vacaville CA
Posts: 1,336
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SW View Post
Red car, cam, Kooks, ported intake, no cats, stock exhaust, killer bee, vette-air & tune. Pump gas, HRE wheels, stock tires, no headwork.

Blk car, cam, Kooks, ported intake, cats, stock exhaust, LPE hi-flo maf & air intake and tune. Pump gas, HRE wheels, no headwork.

Guys, my blk car has had 4 different cams in it. I tried cams that some of the tuners say that it will make "x" power and never did. With some research, we came up with a combination that works. I got tired of being dissapointed with some of the "numbers" that have been posted here because I bought the same "pkg" and the car never made the advertized "number". My dyno numbers are real, no tricks, no lightweight wheels, no belts removed, no race gas, no a/c ducted to the air intake. What you see it what you get.. Everyone wants a big number, but I want a real number, something the car is going to make when the engine is in normal operating temp and you are driving it.

SW
So, this begs the question: Which cam did you end up with as part of the package making the power in the posted dynos? (I take it you have the same cam in both cars now?) Thanks in advance for some insight on the results of your cam testing efforts.
JDRacing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:18 PM
  #15  
0Halltech
Former Vendor
 
Halltech's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Location: Oconomowoc WI
Posts: 12,525
Thanked 225 Times in 132 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default

Very nice numbers indeed SW. What is curious to me, is that you are the second customer to see a 20 RWHP/20 ft. lbs increase with the Killer Bee vs the F1 Intake.

Jimman did this in CA about 2 months ago, and I thought it was an anomaly on the dyno, which happens from time to time as I'm sure you know, having done so many dynos. Now your dyno makes me wonder is his was a fluke?



I also did a retune for Jimman, but it was not a change in air fuel ratio or timing, just simply a tweak in his MAF code to bring the LTFs down to zero.

The key here is the air fuel ratio. The LS7 love the mid 13:1 air fuel ratios. I'm blind without my glasses, but it looks like around 13.5:1 once the a/f ratio stabilized at rpm.

Anyway you slice this, the numbers are phenomenal, and the work done by Patrick and Carlos is a big part of this number as well. WOW!

Two questions. I am unclear regarding the previous dyno done in May. Was that also done with the F1? Was it on the same car?

Jim Hall

Last edited by Halltech; 07-11-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Halltech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
  #16  
Yaroslav
CF Senior Member
 
Yaroslav's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2006
Location: Odessa
Posts: 1,162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

600whp is 700hp
Did i understand you right???
Repair your DYNO
Yaroslav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM
  #17  
SW
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
SW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 1,434
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default

Originally Posted by Jim Hall View Post
Very nice numbers indeed SW. What is curious to me, is that you are the second customer to see a 20 RWHP/20 ft. lbs increase with the Killer Bee vs the F1 Intake.

Jimman did this in CA about 2 months ago, and I thought it was an anomaly on the dyno, which happens from time to time as I'm sure you know, having done so many dynos. Now your dyno makes me wonder is his was a fluke?



I also did a retune for Jimman, but it was not a change in air fuel ratio or timing, just simply a tweak in his MAF code to bring the LTFs down to zero.

The key here is the air fuel ratio. The LS7 love the mid 13:1 air fuel ratios. I'm blind without my glasses, but it looks like around 13.5:1 once the a/f ratio stabilized at rpm.

Anyway you slice this, the numbers are phenomenal, and the work done by Patrick and Carlos is a big part of this number as well. WOW!

Two questions. I am unclear regarding the previous dyno done in May. Was that also done with the F1? Was it on the same car?

Jim Hall
First Jim, thanks for a KILLER product. The dyno done in May was on the red Z right after the headers, cam, intake, F1 & tune. I really didn't drive it much until I took it to TWS about a month ago. Even in the heat, I felt the car was really strong. As you can see, it made about the same rwt as the dyno in May, but picked up 9rwh. I really didn't think your Killer Bee would pick up that much over what I had but it did. We made one pull and installed the Bee, adjusted the fuel and made the second pull and you can see the gains through out the entire powerband in hp and trq. All this in about 15 min. The only real issue we had was, it was really lazy and stumbled right off of idle. The Killer Bee flowed so much, it was running really rich up to 1500. Patrick had to lean it out and add timing, now it drives perfect.

SW
SW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:46 AM
  #18  
Stingray23
CF Senior Member
 
Stingray23's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 8,066
Thanked 101 Times in 44 Posts
Default

What kind of intake did you have before you put on the killer bee and vette-air?
Stingray23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:16 AM
  #19  
Myhardtop
Supporting Vendor
 
Myhardtop's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2001
Location: Dallas & Chicago TX & IL
Posts: 5,786
Thanks: 0
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
What kind of intake did you have before you put on the killer bee and vette-air?
I can answer that question.

He had the F1 filter and the Vette-Air. Then install the Killer Bee plus some ECM tweaking and that was it!

Thanks
Myhardtop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:23 AM
  #20  
tjwong
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
tjwong's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 8,579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

SW, would you mind disclosing your cam? I am just curious, you see so many claiming this and that. And especially yours since you have NO HEADWORK other than perhaps springs. In the begining LPE wasn't doing any head work either, and now they have a package where they "hand port" the heads for an lots of cash extra. LGs package had some head work done on the exhaust port, mainly around the bowl area and they replaced the intake valve with a Xceldyne one peice valve vs the OE GM Ti valve using a lash cap. I didn't see any noticable advantages of the Xceldyne valve over the GM valve other than it was a once piece design vs a valve requiring a lash cap.

I am also in the developement process of designing a valve spring tool to facilitate easy removal of the valve springs in a LS7 and now the L92/LS3 head configuration. By the way did you use to own a black LPE ZR1 with a 368 LPE engine with stock cams, and a B&B exhaust system? If you did, the car is now here in Portland Oregon and belongs to a friend of mine.

By the way I really admire your garage!

Last edited by tjwong; 07-12-2007 at 01:29 AM.
tjwong is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt..


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: