Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 1:19.7 > 1:22.4

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:42 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Killer Ryd,

Sounds like you need to get one,,,,,
Old 07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE
Killer Ryd,

Sounds like you need to get one,,,,,
there is nothing wrong in appreciating whats out there, but you are right..i want one right now!!! :o wouldnt lie.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Tavarez
Drifting

He likes the ride that's fine. I just don't see how he thinks a 480hp GTR is going to keep up with a ZR1 on an nring straight, they're almost identical down that straight. The only time that 7:29 GTR loses is on the turns on the nring. Yet we're supposed to believe all these other Nissan supplied cars are not tampered with, when it's so blatantly obvious the Nissan ring times are a complete fraud. That car had 600+hp EASILY, EASILY. There's almost no doubt that 693hp is extremely close to right..

Last edited by Tavarez; 07-21-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tavarez
He likes the ride that's fine. I just don't see how he thinks a 480hp GTR is going to keep up with a ZR1 on an nring straight, they're almost identical down that straight. The only time that 7:29 GTR loses is on the turns on the nring. Yet we're supposed to believe all these other Nissan supplied cars are not tampered with, when it's so blatantly obvious the Nissan ring times are a complete fraud. That car had 600+hp EASILY, EASILY. There's almost no doubt that 693hp is extremely close to right.
damn if nissan gives a 693hp 70k car, i am even more happy..thats a big achievement in itself.

Edmunds used a customer car, british car mag used a customer car to beat out the GT3 on the circuit what else will you need
Old 07-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Tavarez
Drifting

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
damn if nissan gives a 693hp 70k car, i am even more happy..thats a big achievement in itself.

Edmunds used a customer car, british car mag used a customer car to beat out the GT3 on the circuit what else will you need
yeah it's just too bad it won't come 693 hp in stock trim, or without anything else that was added. But that'd be amazing you're right, if we get that exact car it will be incredible for 70k.

could you link the british car mag article, i'd like to read it if you don't mind.

What would I want to see? Well perhaps actual STREET, customer cars being used. Not cars handed to car reporters by nissan, as in the edmund test. Not cars shipped from nissan in japan to top gear, but ACTUAL customer cars, not cars dressed up to be customer cars.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:45 PM
RedBeauty84ZX
Racer

yeah it's just too bad it won't come 693 hp in stock trim, or without anything else that was added. But that'd be amazing you're right, if we get that exact car it will be incredible for 70k.

could you link the british car mag article, i'd like to read it if you don't mind.

What would I want to see? Well perhaps actual STREET, customer cars being used. Not cars handed to car reporters by nissan, as in the edmund test. Not cars shipped from nissan in japan to top gear, but ACTUAL customer cars, not cars dressed up to be customer cars.
um...Top Gear and virtually all the magazines get cars from manufacturers...they rarely if ever use personally owned cars. So this is nothing new...just something people like to exploit about the GTR.
Heres a personally owned GTR running 11.6:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s-9v8Zl1FMo

Expect to see faster times once more and more owners take them to the track...
Old 07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Tavarez
Drifting

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
um...Top Gear and virtually all the magazines get cars from manufacturers...they rarely if ever use personally owned cars. So this is nothing new...just something people like to exploit about the GTR.
Heres a personally owned GTR running 11.6:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s-9v8Zl1FMo

Expect to see faster times once more and more owners take them to the track...
Nobody said they didn't, I know they do. But knowing Nissan's tactics as evidenced on the nring..well?.

Last edited by Tavarez; 07-21-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

...what else will you need

For the GTR lovers to find a GTR forum and leave those of us who don't give a rat's *** if it goes 2000 MPH around a hairpin the hell alone.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
RedBeauty84ZX
Racer

Nobody said they didn't, I know they do. But knowing Nissan's tactics as evidenced on the nring..well?
LOL...you still believe Nissan used a ringer for the Nur.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Tavarez
Drifting

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
LOL...you still believe Nissan used a ringer for the Nur.
LOLALAWL, yes they did..

Last edited by Tavarez; 07-21-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:22 PM
2SINISTER
Racer

I put absolutely no stock in what Top Gear says about a car. They habitually bash anything that comes out of the U.S.A. As for Clarkson, he can't even tell the difference between a Mustang GT and a regular Mustang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etvaHh244Ok
Old 07-21-2008, 03:34 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by 2SINISTER
I put absolutely no stock in what Top Gear says about a car. They habitually bash anything that comes out of the U.S.A. As for Clarkson, he can't even tell the difference between a Mustang GT and a regular Mustang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etvaHh244Ok
this is talk of the big boys, mustangs are best left where they belong, in the ....(wouldnt go there)
Old 07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Twil1ght
For the GTR lovers to find a GTR forum and leave those of us who don't give a rat's *** if it goes 2000 MPH around a hairpin the hell alone.
Oh really, if we(i dont know you about you, but i am) car enthusiasts do not compare cars of similar caliber on forums then where do you expect this to happen. Its direct competition in performance, this is ought to happen.

I was not all in for GT-R to begin with, but it has proven itself and upped the bar to whole new level, nothing wrong with that, hopefully GM will fight back with the C7(better quality exterior and interior and newer technology)
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
2SINISTER
Racer

this is talk of the big boys, mustangs are best left where they belong, in the ....(wouldnt go there)
There are more than a few Mustangs that would give your Z a run for it's money, or just flat out beat it. However, that was not my point. I am simply stating that the show is entertainment, that is all.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Oh really, if we(i dont know you about you, but i am) car enthusiasts do not compare cars of similar caliber on forums then where do you expect this to happen. Its direct competition in performance, this is ought to happen.

I was not all in for GT-R to begin with, but it has proven itself and upped the bar to whole new level, nothing wrong with that, hopefully GM will fight back with the C7(better quality exterior and interior and newer technology)
First off, there's nothing to compare - merely an argument waiting to happen. So to that end: Secondly, the cars are not of similar caliber. Thirdly, neither manufacturer gives a damn what you say about either of them - if they did, they'd have called for your opinion prior to going to production. Fourth, and finally, you don't even have a Z06 or a GTR so you cannot possible rate either one.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:00 PM
adamante82
Instructor

I don't mind reading what people say about the GTR. If I didn't want to, I'd click on the other posts and NOT the GTR posts.

In any case, I love my Z. And in time, all these rumors will be put to rest.

Kinda like the young bull old bull joke. I'm walking down the hill.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:19 PM
SABER Racing
Pro

Originally Posted by Twil1ght
AAAAMEN Brother!!!! PlEEEEASE get them to shut the FU@$ up already!!

Get notified of new replies

To 1:19.7 > 1:22.4

Old 07-21-2008, 06:34 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude,,,,In every thread you talk about the GTR..
Yes its cool car , we got over it and one day you will too..
Ill think of you when I start to pull on the GTR and waive buy to him..
BTW why do you have that FUGLY sounding crap next to your vette in that pic?

Last edited by 04_Z06_CE; 07-21-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:27 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

thats such a bunch of BS, the V Spec is going to be a 550hp car and no 693 hp car will be coming out of Nissan..

its awesome what GT-R is capable of in good hands who know how to drive. It turns out of be greater than the Z06 in numerous scenarios except roll ons..
No, what IS B.S. is that, unofortunately, ppl like you are still in denial. If it can beat a stock z06, fine... i'll admit and be ok since my z06 is still a fantastic car. But, you cannot, CANNOT honestly believe that the magical GTR is as fast, for example, as a ZR1 in a straight in stock trim. A stock z06 will rap a stock 480hp GTR in a straight... and keep the lead in the corners, even with silly runflats.

So, again, do you really believe that? Because if you do, than your ALSO saying a stock 480hp GTR did the rin in 7:29, let alone the initial lie of 7:38.

Think about it... who is really full of it?

Also, you do know that corvettes can actually handle, right?

So, nissan did use a "ringer" in the Nring tests, they did and apparently still do... send out "ringer" cars to be tested, and for what? Well, they are an auto manufactuer trying to sell a car they are probably hurting because of all the steps they have enployed to produce it. Nissan has gone out of its way to prove how overbuilt this car over anything else on the market. Again, why... to sell it.

Think about this way... you playstation GTR fanboys are like Obama supporters. You have no reason why you are voting for him, you cant even say when was the last time he actually told the truth since he chances his views every other day.. yet, he is still your man and you believe in him cause is will bring change and because you haven't educated yourself in seeing the truth in it all.

Well, you might as well tatoo GTR-RULES on your sleeve, right next to OBAMA 08' "sociali...uh, CHANGE!!"

Last edited by obzidian; 07-21-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 PM
jmc5
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

thats such a bunch of BS, the V Spec is going to be a 550hp car and no 693 hp car will be coming out of Nissan..

its awesome what GT-R is capable of in good hands who know how to drive. It turns out of be greater than the Z06 in numerous scenarios except roll ons..
Actually, this is exactly wrong.

What is amazing is what the GT-R is capable of in completely inexperienced hands.

I personally am still waiting to see how much of a finger Nissan put on the testing scales, but...

I do expect the GT-R to come in faster than it should be.

Nissan has done "drive-by-wire" with the GT-R. Less skill, not more, is needed to use it. AWD without computer assist is no magical bullet.

Think of it as the Corvette's "track mode", but many many times improved.

Personally, thats not what I'm looking for in a car. But if you want to ride along as the computers drive your car for you, it will probably be quite fast.

Quick Reply: [Z06] 1:19.7 > 1:22.4