Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Viper ACR > ZR1 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

you have a nice looking car man.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:29 PM
redknight
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blazeone
Lighten up guys. I just posted the story to illustrate that the hp for the latest gen Viper is under rated.
But it isn't. The 15% rule no longer applies. The viper's rating isn't
"under rated" anymore than any other car today. Given the fact that the acr also has a lighter wheel/tire combo it should be expected to lose less to the wheels than a zr1, making the factory ratings for both cars to be that much more believable.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
Stock 2002 Z06 vs 97 Viper GTS with K&Ns and a catback. Same day, same dyno.

Look at how flat that power curve is and look at all the torque they make, and that is pretty much a stock car, Ive seen some hp #'s in the 420 stock, average is 415-425's on earlier 96-99 708 cam. My stock 99 ACR rated at 460hp/500lbs of tq dynoed 431rwhp and 475rwtq stock, gotta find the graphs, it now makes 784rwhp and 912rwtq.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:01 PM
blazeone
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redknight
But it isn't. The 15% rule no longer applies. The viper's rating isn't
"under rated" anymore than any other car today. Given the fact that the acr also has a lighter wheel/tire combo it should be expected to lose less to the wheels than a zr1, making the factory ratings for both cars to be that much more believable.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Jaxian
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Same song, different name.

So the first pointless thread about this got moved by the mods as it should have been so someone posted the same thread and put ZR1 in the title hoping they wouldn't notice it's the same lame topic. Weak. Race dynos over on Ricer.com, other than the same 'usual suspects' anyone with a brain knows it's just trolling.

Mods please move this thread to 'other cars' and you can talk about your Viper's all you want. I like the car, when I want to read about them I go to Viper alley, not Corvette Forum.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:51 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02gt350
wow, for a factory tune, that HP line is horrible...

i love how there is a huge dip then power is going down by 5000 RPM...HAHAHA

vipers suck
Looking at the a/f during the TQ dip, i would say it is the primary cause. Looks to be around 10.x a/f at points, that is way too much fuel for n/a.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:47 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 02gt350
i didnt know gen 1's could run 10's....id look at my sig a LITTLE closer friend
sorry I didnt examine your sig, but it makes as much sence as you do reading dyno graphs, I see a couple diffrent engine codes? I wouldnt be pressed to say you have no idea how to get a car in the 10's, and have never been near a drag strip. but i still have you covered put up or shut up, you sig dont mean jack if you cant do it at the strip, come try my little little ole Gen 2. Bryron drag strip this spring

Last edited by NytmereZ; 01-24-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:59 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

What about the Vipers ram air? the stock system is a straight shot from the hood scope into the engine intake? Just curious.

You are correct Gen 2-4 Vipers did in fact have real ram air, fully functional, my Z's looks fake, my Viper sucks air like a vacum
Old 01-27-2009, 02:35 AM
EZZK
Advanced

Ive a college classmate in CA(Sacramento?),he owns a SRT 10.
It just a small tune(air filter/spark/borla catsback/muscle chip).
I feel like an savage creature too,especially in low-rev torque.
ACR may much more aggresive
Old 01-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Now the insults pvssy blowers's and other cheap way out, Yea I had a 10 second C5 as well, some say in the right conditions my C6 will go 10's stock.Where did I tell you what Ive run? I have low 10's covered as well all on stock internals(I'm going for 9's this year). Run what you brung no excuses, I called you out not anybody else, "Viper's Suck" according to you which kind of gives me the impression your a 19 year old kid that watched fast and furious to many times) I want a friendly match, that's all, so stop including other people, it sounds juvenile, put up or shut up, run what you bring. As far as my Nitrous system, it very complicated, using the VE2 and NX maximiser 2 nitrous controller, its programed for certain levels, of nitrous, certain times, values, rpms etc(way to complicated to explain to you, , cost allot of money to set up and tune properly, hardly a "Cheap mod get a clue, and stop back tracking, I'm not saying anymore cause I'm probably talking to a 19 year old 130lb dork, if you have the car you say you do, bring it and lose, to the sucky Viper
Man talk about a bunch of frickin 5 year olds, who gives a sh*t. and yes, this thread should be moved to "other cars" cause that is what the Viper is an "other car"
Old 01-27-2009, 02:05 PM
blkdiablo33
Advanced

Originally Posted by El Puto
Ohh, the Viper guys gotta hold onto something, esp. if their peckers ain't workin'. Or is that a problem for Vette drivers?

Look, the Viper is a great car - and so is the Corvette. It's the people who bash one or the other who suck.
well said both are awsome performance cars
Old 01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Awesome car buddy!! Have you ever parked that next to a jet stream blue vette? Just curious how the color compares to my car. It looks similar in your sig pic.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 PM
SnapperDragon
Drifting

The cool thing about this thread is we know someone has a button that is easily pressed by saying vipers suck.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Awesome car buddy!! Have you ever parked that next to a jet stream blue vette? Just curious how the color compares to my car. It looks similar in your sig pic.
I'm not trying to answer for him, but I did ask this same question before.

I've heard that side by side the viper bright blue is just a touch darker than jet stream blue. If you are a fan of JSB then you will like viper bright blue...not to be confused with GTS blue which is much darker than both.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:21 AM
wickedness
Instructor

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
FAIL
word.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Jaxian
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Kill this thread, please.

Moderators. Move this thread or lock it. It was pointless two pages ago. Now all its doing is causing fights between forum members. I have seen you lock threads or move them for the smallest things, and this joke of a thread goes on for three pages? C'mon, get it done.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:04 AM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxian
Moderators. Move this thread or lock it. It was pointless two pages ago. Now all its doing is causing fights between forum members. I have seen you lock threads or move them for the smallest things, and this joke of a thread goes on for three pages? C'mon, get it done.
This thread has outlived its usefulness
Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Jaxian
I did what had to be done to this pathetic childish thread. It will be locked or moved soon.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Thank you for reporting this thread. It's hard to catch them all before they get out of hand as this one. Those of you that have had your posts removed will be dealt with for your childish behavior.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Viper ACR > ZR1 dyno