Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Who has the most rwh c6 z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROBOPTI

This is more than I hoped for wow!! But we all know this is not fun, this is just alot of work to even start this thing up, special fuel trailer, all kinds of special tools and rebuilds and a race track all the time and the TARP MONEY to fund it. I've been here and done this it takes all the fun out of having the hotrod, supercar. If you can't buy fuel at the local station and you can't control the temp inside and it overheats in the summer or winter or you spend more time maintaining it than enjoying it, no that not for me. Why make a job out of a fun hobbie. that ruins everthing. Thanks to all for all the pic's and info. P.S my pic is Atomic's car luv it
Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just because a car is fully race built does not mean it is not allowed on the street, not reliable, and cant be driven on a date...
You've got to be kidding? That car is an all out race car. Open headers, tires that you can't take a turn on over 30 MPH, no AC, no power steering...

I don't want to turn this thread into "what is the definition of a daily driver" but it is WORLDS APART from our 1,000+ RWHP 8 and 9 second TRUE daily drivers. If you own a high RWHP C5 or C6, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

here's an example of a TRUE street car:

My car looks, sounds, and drives 100% stock until you flog on it. It will turn an 8 this year (I sure hope), makes well over 1,000 RWHP (on pump gas), is quiet as can be, handles like it's on rails, and still get's 27 MPG. That's a street car - the car pictured simply isn't.

In other news... Norm, what is your exact 1,300+ number? You might just have the record now.

Last edited by EdwardETraylorIII; 03-11-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

ROB OPTI??? You're on this forum? Too funny! Good to see you again.

Likes like you and still have similar taste for RWHP.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

if you guy's are putting auto's in and calling them z06's
this guy has a 737 big block in his so put him on the list

Old 03-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by rattt g

Hey you watch that haha. We will have a fast 6 speed car this year too.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:14 PM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
Hey you watch that haha. We will have a fast 6 speed car this year too.
you already have one
Old 03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

you already have one
Not to change the subject but who has the fastest/quickest mile & 1/4 mile and these are the rules I'm making #1 street legal and comfortable #2 Factory block and heads #3 factory 6 speed and rear end #4 not tubed or gutted out. It seams everyone changes the trans to a auto for 1/4 mile? SW still has the stick in his supra. Can we not do the same with a Z06 or is there a real problem? Is it traction, is it the trans? I just want someone to show the way with all the major parts left on the car.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 427silverhotrod
Not to change the subject but who has the fastest/quickest mile & 1/4 mile and these are the rules I'm making #1 street legal and comfortable #2 Factory block and heads #3 factory 6 speed and rear end #4 not tubed or gutted out. It seams everyone changes the trans to a auto for 1/4 mile? SW still has the stick in his supra. Can we not do the same with a Z06 or is there a real problem? Is it traction, is it the trans? I just want someone to show the way with all the major parts left on the car.
9.64@145 ported heads,cam,headers,100 shot nos,clutch,drag radials
Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen to the crickets now!!!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
J HEBERT
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

The 6 speed will not live past a few dozen 9 sec passes. I realized this 2 years ago, I can bang a stick better than most anyone I know, but there is a reason u don't see too many 1k rwhp stick cars running the 1/4.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

you already have one
We will go faster this year

We have been 8's but its with an auto. Factory Block, Factory Crank, Factory heads and intake. Factory Built rear. We are building something simliar this summer but we will keep the 6 speed.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:25 PM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
We will go faster this year

We have been 8's but its with an auto. Factory Block, Factory Crank, Factory heads and intake. Factory Built rear. We are building something simliar this summer but we will keep the 6 speed.
hey fran are there any mufflers on ikes car? could not see them in the video

Last edited by rattt g; 03-11-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Yaroslav
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto tranny goes with 5 or 6 speeds?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:01 PM
ROBOPTI
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
ROB OPTI??? You're on this forum? Too funny! Good to see you again.

Likes like you and still have similar taste for RWHP.
I am .. I actually used to be on here for years .. I have had 2 Lingenfelter equipped cars in the past ... but the BS got a lil much so I went away and had my name removed - Like I always say - Horsepower & Bulls**t are DIRECTLY proportional.

I am about to jump back in the sandbox and play with the others though
Old 03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Rob,

Good to see you back here. I've been here for about 10 years myself but I took a 4-5 year hiatus because of the BS as well.

Still in the bike game?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
ROBOPTI
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Remember this one

I am 10000000000000% OUT !!!!!! of the bike game. Funny story - When that last bike I was building went down on the dyno ... I called Mr. Big (we are OLD !!!!!!!!!!! friends and roommates for a long time when I lived in Dallas) .. I called him and told him a $5 part took down a 100K bike and I was sick. He asked me the one question that needed to be asked - and it was like a complete epiphany hit me. "When was the last time you put a key in the ignition of a bike you owned and had fun". I parted it out the next day

So how close are ya to Nawlins - I need a taste of some BIG HP

VERY !!!!!!!!!!!!! good to hear from you ... And hopefully soon - I will throw a lil competition at ya .. You know me .. I don't mess around

Last edited by ROBOPTI; 03-11-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
aweil
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

M. Stavrinos. His junk is fast!

Get notified of new replies

To Who has the most rwh c6 z06

Old 03-11-2009, 03:55 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Rob, you, much like myself, don't fool around when it comes to big HP builds.

I plan to be down @ TX2K9 to do some racing and record breaking. You coming up?

I didn't know you and Jeremy were buds! That's cool stuff! Small world!

I had a similar epiphany [just as you did] when mine popped on the dyno @ the Horsepower shootout. I easily had my competition beat (by over 100 RWHP) but a darn clogged fuel filter due to a bad batch of C16 popped the motor and I took second place. I've thought about building another turbo bike but only 400-500 HP... Something you can ENJOY on the street.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
aweil
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1. Very subjective. Not good criteria. There will always be someone that is willing to put up with more than you are.

2. I doubt anyone over the 1000 rwhp mark are running the factory block and heads.

3. This is a cop out. Why limit yourself by the weak trans and rearend?

4. A stick will ALWAYS be faster than an auto due to smaller losses through the transmission. HOWEVER, the auto is MUCH easier. With a car making REAL power (once you replace the transmission with a liberty or lenco to make it live) the issue is clutch adjustment and maintainence. The right tuneup in the clutch will the the difference between hauling *** and making tire smoke. It's VERY sensitive to track, air temperature, etc. etc. and with a tire limited setup is critical. Are you going to yank the clutch, resurface the discs and set it all back up between rounds?

5. Does a cage or other REQUIRED safety equipment for going fast make it a car that doesn't fit your criteria? What about parachutes or wheeliebars?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:04 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Ed Traylor 1307
Norms yellow LPE TT 1300
Certain yellow c6z from Atlanta, never met the owner 1250
LG silver TT 1079
IPS guys

Sorry for the short reply... iPhone limited now

Quick Reply: [Z06] Who has the most rwh c6 z06