Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New Piloti Sebrings are AWESOME!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Craig3Q
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned 4 pairs of Piloti's in the last several years, and the most comfortable ones were the Spyders, which they don't make now. They have a mesh top, not leather, so they stay cool. Might have to check out some of their newest line though, now that my 2 Spyders are pretty well worn out. Puma makes some good driving shoes too, which I only tried when I couldn't find the Pilotis I wanted.

As for looking at Pilotis in a shop personally before buying, out here in NorCal, some of the tracks have them in their "pro shops." Piloti also has shown up with a vendor stall at races at Laguna Seca in the past. I'd bet they travel to other tracks.

Last edited by Craig3Q; 03-10-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 AM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 755 Likes on 306 Posts

I also have 4 pair of Piloti's.

1 DTM
1 Ingels
2 Turismo

Very, very comfortable shoes.

http://www.piloti.com/default.aspx
Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
0FORGED DST
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig3Q
I've owned 4 pairs of Piloti's in the last several years, and the most comfortable ones were the Spyders, which they don't make now. They have a mesh top, not leather, so they stay cool. Might have to check out some of their newest line though, now that my 2 Spyders are pretty well worn out. Puma makes some good driving shoes too, which I only tried when I couldn't find the Pilotis I wanted.

As for looking at Pilotis in a shop personally before buying, out here in NorCal, some of the tracks have them in their "pro shops." Piloti also has shown up with a vendor stall at races at Laguna Seca in the past. I'd bet they travel to other tracks.
Yes, you're right about vendors at the track. Two people had Piloti 's at Homestead this last weekend for the Grand Am, but then you pay list plus. But its a great way to see all the styles in person. Just try on the size you need and hope it shows up at a deal.
I saw them at Marshals last year before Xmas when they had that big SEMA time sale but they were all sizes for Shaq....
Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

NICE!!! Got my Piloti Protipito today from herrington and they are the $125 black/grey versions i had planned on buying soon but finally found them for a good price $95 shipped!

now just have to break them in :woot:

Last edited by dvandentop; 03-13-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:26 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

The Piloti's I bought 3 years ago are so comfortable and good looking that I started wearing them all the time (they complement jeans nicely). And they wear like iron, I was surprised how durable they are.

I paid $75 for mine from AutoSport 3 years ago.

Tom
Old 03-14-2010, 10:32 AM
lebvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21

I got mine at Spring Mt. That's a real good place to buy them for several reasons. One is.... you can use them within the next few minutes.
Larry
Old 03-14-2010, 02:22 PM
badtbon
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SeaLawyer

These have got to be THE MOST COMFORTABLE shoes I've ever owned!! I think I'll try a couple other styles/colors now.

Why is this Z06 related, you ask? Well, aside from the cool design intended to assist heel-toe shifting, the black with "tifosi" red stitching will BEAUTIFULLY complement my new '09 2LZ's ebony seats with red stitching...
I thought you were talking about Pelosi's Siblings!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have sebring's on right now infact.

A few observations about these shoes...

1. The leather shoelaces are crap, they'll break quickly on you.
2. They come in size 14, Awesome for my big feet.
3. As a "non-pro driving shoe" my Adidas driving shoes are better.

The Sebring's in comparison have much thicker soles, and are more normal daily wear/casual driving inspired. My Adidas are noticeably thiner and a bit narrower.
So if you're planning to wear these only when driving I'd say get another shoe.
If you planning on wearing these as a normal shoe, but want something more driving focused, then they're great.

Last edited by dagon138; 03-14-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:16 PM
04Z16
Melting Slicks

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by Craig3Q

Not sure of your shoe size but check out Amazon, there is some Spyders on there for 39.99
Old 03-14-2010, 11:45 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dagon138
I have sebring's on right now infact.

A few observations about these shoes...

1. The leather shoelaces are crap, they'll break quickly on you.
2. They come in size 14, Awesome for my big feet.
3. As a "non-pro driving shoe" my Adidas driving shoes are better.

The Sebring's in comparison have much thicker soles, and are more normal daily wear/casual driving inspired. My Adidas are noticeably thiner and a bit narrower.
So if you're planning to wear these only when driving I'd say get another shoe.
If you planning on wearing these as a normal shoe, but want something more driving focused, then they're great.
In essence, they are a nice shoe to drive the car to a car show where you will then be on your feet all day, on the hot asphalt and then get to take a spirited drive home. Sounds like a good shoe to me!

I'll give you a better review once show season starts.....
http://www.endless.com/piloti-Mens-S...9M&ref=dp_cs_1

Last edited by DSOM Z06; 03-14-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Craig3Q
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 04Z16
Not sure of your shoe size but check out Amazon, there is some Spyders on there for 39.99
I never thought to check Amazon. Thanks for the tip. I found my size and ordered new Spyders.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
I'm skeptical of buying shoes online only because of possible fit issues...

Any retail stores carry these?...
Go to their web site and enter your zip code. piloti.com

For those within reach of Monterey, California, Piloti always has a booth at the Laguna Seca ALMS race (and the Red Bull Moto GP race) where you can try them on before buying.

Z//
Old 03-21-2010, 11:50 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Broke out the Sebring's today and yes they are good looking and a fine driving shoe. As for the most comfortable, definitely not. The left shoe was digging pretty good into just below my left ankle and my feet were very happy when I finally took them off after wearing them for 4 hours. Hopefully it is just a case of needing to break in but for now......ouch! They are a very stylish shoe, however, and the natural color of the classic saddle was an excellent complement to my DSOM Z!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Piloti Sebrings are AWESOME!!