Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What shifter to get???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 383vett
I had a Hurst on my C5 also. If the stops were adjusted correctly, there shouldn't have been excess force on the internals.
I did also but it was the leverage change that adds the stress and the stock slide pins won't hold up. Of course if you own a garage queen and drive 5K a year who cares.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by jimman
I did also but it was the leverage change that adds the stress and the stock slide pins won't hold up. Of course if you own a garage queen and drive 5K a year who cares.

I had the hurst in my 02 Z06 for 75K miles. Never had a problem. I think you just had a part go bad and it probably would have happened without the Hurst as well.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:19 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
I had the hurst in my 02 Z06 for 75K miles. Never had a problem. I think you just had a part go bad and it probably would have happened without the Hurst as well.
Possibly but from conversation with Hurst odds didn't look good for the aftermarket shifter. I think there is a phrase about doing the same thing expecting different results. Do as you wish, but the drive back from LA in traffic locked in 4th and 2700 big ones is enough for me.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What shifter to get???