Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

10 pass....EASY.....9 second pass....EVEN EASIER

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:29 AM
MH663
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
Well that's kind of a lame response as pretty much anybody could start a thread talking about running 9's, 8's or even 7's - with enough mods to the car.
You're wasting your time trying to help this kid. He takes "most" comments as a negative. Some rightly so, some not. That is until something goes wrong and he needs help from the forum members.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:36 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

There's nothing more to add to subfloor's post. He's spot on and knows what it takes to run fast so pay attention to what he says and does.

Originally Posted by CammedC6520
Well.... not really if you been following my first thread head and cam adventure been a long story but it's more of a reality show. I started saying my goals were a 9 sec pass. All I had was hate from old people. So I kinda made this thread to pist them off they said I couldent even do 11s I did it on runflats not trying lol. Long story but for a dumb reason
You really need to slow down and actually read and try to comprehend the comments you get. You started by saying you were going to hit 10s NA in your old LS2 within 6 months. That came and went and the LS2 got sold with a best of 12.2 if I remember correctly. Then you moved onto the LS7 and said you'd hit 9s NA (just an FYI nitrous isn't considered NA) and not only that you'd hit them but that it would be easy. Yet you were still running the same times as your old LS2. Yes I know it was on runflats and it was hot. We didn't say you couldn't run 11s but at the time you hadn't so how could you say you can run 9s or even 10s for that matter? Your best pass
Although I did try 4 out of the 16 passes... So to the point I ran a 11.5 at 129 for my best time.
(so don't say you did it without trying now) is still .6 away from your old LS2 goals and an eternity away from your original LS7 goals. Now you're changing the game because maybe you realized it won't be as easy as you think? Disparaging comments aside, so far the reputation you have earned yourself is someone who claims he can not only do something but do it easily, then when he doesn't achieve it he makes excuses, changes the game, and moves onto something else. I'm not going to say you can or can't do anything. But so far you haven't.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:58 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 5knives
There's nothing more to add to subfloor's post. He's spot on and knows what it takes to run fast so pay attention to what he says and does.

You really need to slow down and actually read and try to comprehend the comments you get. You started by saying you were going to hit 10s NA in your old LS2 within 6 months. That came and went and the LS2 got sold with a best of 12.2 if I remember correctly. Then you moved onto the LS7 and said you'd hit 9s NA (just an FYI nitrous isn't considered NA) and not only that you'd hit them but that it would be easy. Yet you were still running the same times as your old LS2. Yes I know it was on runflats and it was hot. We didn't say you couldn't run 11s but at the time you hadn't so how could you say you can run 9s or even 10s for that matter? Your best pass (so don't say you did it without trying now) is still .6 away from your old LS2 goals and an eternity away from your original LS7 goals. Now you're changing the game because maybe you realized it won't be as easy as you think? Disparaging comments aside, so far the reputation you have earned yourself is someone who claims he can not only do something but do it easily, then when he doesn't achieve it he makes excuses, changes the game, and moves onto something else. I'm not going to say you can or can't do anything. But so far you haven't.

I honestly don't care knives not asking for help like I said it's to keep you guys informed. And yes thank you subfloor I know you are helping..

Btw I only read half of this post, don't waste time telling me what I know not trying to be mean. Just not worth my time to read it. Just sit down strap ur seat belts and I will keep you guys updated.

Last edited by CammedC6520; 07-05-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:59 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by MH663
You're wasting your time trying to help this kid. He takes "most" comments as a negative. Some rightly so, some not. That is until something goes wrong and he needs help from the forum members.

Beat that meat, btw I will
Run 7s some day "dat dat dat can't kill me it can only make me stronger...dododododo"

Last edited by CammedC6520; 07-05-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:15 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

I honestly don't care knives not asking for help like I said it's to keep you guys informed. And yes thank you subfloor I know you are helping..

Btw I only read half of this post, don't waste time telling me what I know not trying to be mean. Just not worth my time to read it. Just sit down strap ur seat belts and I will keep you guys updated.
Ok. Go do your thing.
The following users liked this post:
CammedC6520 (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 11:37 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by 5knives
Ok. Go do your thing.
Thank you buddy
Old 07-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Just FYI to a lot of people posting in here, the forum has an amazing block feature. It makes this forum SOOOOO much nicer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Unreal:
ajrothm (07-05-2017), jayyyw (07-10-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Can'tHave2MuchHP
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

Lol. Reading this thread gave me a headache. So many helpful responses that the OP should be glad to receive but nah, just keep up with your braggadocio ways.

The bonus stuff like "Don't waste my time" "Not asking for help" "Not worth my time" really just finishes it for me. When you run back to back 10s with a DR on your current setup, we'll talk. Until then, you're definitely 1) Not open to critiquing in a thread you're clearly going for "10s EASY and 9s EASIER". 2) You're definitely far from a great driver or good for that matter. 3) Quite.....stupid?

Let me take a stab at future prediction here and guess what you'll want to reply with: "u know what I bet!!!? you're wasting my time, I already know how to do it again like I said!!! variables and stuff, thanks tho, screw you tho"
Old 07-05-2017, 12:36 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by Unreal
Just FYI to a lot of people posting in here, the forum has an amazing block feature. It makes this forum SOOOOO much nicer.

You know how many people I would have to block? Including you
Old 07-05-2017, 12:37 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by corvettes4ever
Lol. Reading this thread gave me a headache. So many helpful responses that the OP should be glad to receive but nah, just keep up with your braggadocio ways.

The bonus stuff like "Don't waste my time" "Not asking for help" "Not worth my time" really just finishes it for me. When you run back to back 10s with a DR on your current setup, we'll talk. Until then, you're definitely 1) Not open to critiquing in a thread you're clearly going for "10s EASY and 9s EASIER". 2) You're definitely far from a great driver or good for that matter. 3) Quite.....stupid?

Let me take a stab at future prediction here and guess what you'll want to reply with: "u know what I bet!!!? you're wasting my time, I already know how to do it again like I said!!! variables and stuff, thanks tho, screw you tho"
Boi u wasted my time reading this, and "urs" writing it.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Can'tHave2MuchHP
Pro

Boi u wasted my time reading this, and "urs" writing it.
Are you 16 and did your dad buy this car or what? God...
Old 07-05-2017, 12:54 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Are you 16 and did your dad buy this car or what? God...

Guess so whooooooooo sick asssss dad
Old 07-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Can'tHave2MuchHP
Pro

Guess so whooooooooo sick asssss dad
Yeah that's one "sick assss" dad. I bet you and him love each other an awful lot. Lmfao.

Just got the full story and read up on this dumbass's history on this forum. It's a darn shame this fool gets to drive a Corvette period.

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 07-05-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:56 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Well this one escalated quickly...
Old 07-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Can'tHave2MuchHP
Pro

Mistakes were made.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:07 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 334 Likes on 195 Posts

Because I have a lot of time on my hands at work and am on the internet, I find this thread hilarious. 10s? NO!!! The back and forth BS? Yes!

Like I said before keep us posted, because the faster you run, the harder it is to go lower. It does take some skill to run 10s with a high horsepower car in a six speed. Especially consistent times. Good luck kid.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:28 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Well this one escalated quickly...

Mistakes were made.

Get notified of new replies

To 10 pass....EASY.....9 second pass....EVEN EASIER

Old 07-06-2017, 08:47 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 637 Likes on 444 Posts

It's really a shame that the the thread has taken the route it has, and that the OP's tone has put people off (and rightfully so).

I've noticed an influx of younger owners lately as the car's have become more affordable, and their desire to race the cars. It's cool to see their enthusiasm, as it much mimics many of us when we first were introduced to the car when it arrived on the scene. Sharing the passion and knowledge for the car with younger owners at the racetrack who don't have a full grasp of the cars potential can be very gratifying...especially for the one's who listen and see the end results with improved ET's.

To the OP....try to step back and take a deep breadth. The car is very capable in the right hands and with the proper skill sets. I wish you well on your quest for 9's (or better), as it's a goal of many of the other owners who've been working on that for a while now. Try to learn from the mistakes and success of the other's who are trying to assist you in this thread...you'll be a lot closer to obtaining your goal.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:09 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
It's really a shame that the the thread has taken the route it has, and that the OP's tone has put people off (and rightfully so).

I've noticed an influx of younger owners lately as the car's have become more affordable, and their desire to race the cars. It's cool to see their enthusiasm, as it much mimics many of us when we first were introduced to the car when it arrived on the scene. Sharing the passion and knowledge for the car with younger owners at the racetrack who don't have a full grasp of the cars potential can be very gratifying...especially for the one's who listen and see the end results with improved ET's.

To the OP....try to step back and take a deep breadth. The car is very capable in the right hands and with the proper skill sets. I wish you well on your quest for 9's (or better), as it's a goal of many of the other owners who've been working on that for a while now. Try to learn from the mistakes and success of the other's who are trying to assist you in this thread...you'll be a lot closer to obtaining your goal.
Apparently you haven't read his many other threads, or you wouldn't have bothered with that reply. I tried to help, and like so many others, was "too old and stupid" to know anything.

The kid is the arrogant bumbling inexperienced trash-talking teenage version of a combination Homer Simpson & Tim "toolman" Taylor, who brags about his goals, since he has so little accomplishments to talk about.

I wish RR Bob was still around with his DD LS2 to show the kid that results matter. He'd slowly hobble to his car, put the walker in the back, take his oxygen mask off to put his helmet on, and make a pass while sipping his coffee. He'd let his 10 second timeslips do all the talking.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:19 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 637 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Apparently you haven't read his many other threads, or you wouldn't have bothered with that reply. I tried to help, and like so many others, was "too old and stupid" to know anything.

The kid is the arrogant bumbling inexperienced trash-talking teenage version of a combination Homer Simpson & Tim "toolman" Taylor, who brags about his goals, since he has so little accomplishments to talk about.

I wish RR Bob was still around with his DD LS2 to show the kid that results matter. He'd slowly hobble to his car, put the walker in the back, take his oxygen mask off to put his helmet on, and make a pass while sipping his coffee. He'd let his 10 second timeslips do all the talking.
Yep, the older guys ruled the drag strip !!!

Yes, I'm not aware of this particular member, or am I familiar with any of his previous post. He certainly doesn't sound like he has the experience or knowledge to maximize the performance at the track...maybe he'll come around but I guess I shouldn't hold my breadth

Quick Reply: 10 pass....EASY.....9 second pass....EVEN EASIER