Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Posted this on c7z forum. Thought c6 z owners would be interested

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Get that ductless electric heat pump/ac unit I told you about yet? Or is it another winter of smelling like kerosene with freezing cold wrenches in your hands?
No man. I am an idiot. I should have took your advice. Motor is out of my car right now for a bunch of work, entire suspension is ripped out, seats are removed and as I type this I smell like kerosene and am presently warming my hands up inside. My wife is literally making me pile my clothes separately and washes them independently of the rest of the house now...

I think I may go buy and install a ductless electric heat pump this weekend, per your suggestion. I thought I could bear it again but maybe I'm getting old as I simply can't take it any longer. It's just brutal, and I still have to re-assemble the whole motor once it is back from the machine shop, reinstall the entire new suspension, install the new oil cooler, radiator etc.

Quick Reply: Posted this on c7z forum. Thought c6 z owners would be interested