Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

replace my 08 z06 Nav

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 09:37 PM
mggray87
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default replace my 08 z06 Nav

I have stock 3LT z06 nav. which I never use. I don't even drive the car often at all. My entire thing is I gotta get Bluetooth for Pandora. I need my country music since no stations near me. Im looking at a kenwood because its suppose to have the good Nav system. I already purchased the newest Mapping CD for my system. but id love to pair my Galaxy S8 so I can run Pandora in my car and get some music. I don't plan on changing out my bose speakers as it sounds good enough for me. over the headers and cam. I hear a lot of motor anyways. but the main thing is Id love to pair my phone. Since DD mods are out the scene. anybody have anyone else on here that has deals and makes kits for our vettes?
Old 12-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Received 266 Likes on 198 Posts

Try Crutchfield
Old 12-14-2017, 11:13 PM
mggray87
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron'sGS
Try Crutchfield

yea i know about them I was wondering if any vendor is better or recommended. or if anyone has a nav to recommend for me for my use
Old 12-15-2017, 07:36 AM
ambitin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mggray87
I have stock 3LT z06 nav. which I never use. I don't even drive the car often at all. My entire thing is I gotta get Bluetooth for Pandora. I need my country music since no stations near me. Im looking at a kenwood because its suppose to have the good Nav system. I already purchased the newest Mapping CD for my system. but id love to pair my Galaxy S8 so I can run Pandora in my car and get some music. I don't plan on changing out my bose speakers as it sounds good enough for me. over the headers and cam. I hear a lot of motor anyways. but the main thing is Id love to pair my phone. Since DD mods are out the scene. anybody have anyone else on here that has deals and makes kits for our vettes?
Last year I put in a Pioneer NEX unit (the most expensive one) with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. I love it. The audio is about the same as I didn't replace any speakers, but having a fully functioning smartphone experience in the vette is incredibly handy. I can now easily listen to text messages while driving.

I had them put in a CAN adapter so that my steering wheel controls work for volume control. My car didn't have bluetooth so they put a microphone in the car for me, right above the rearview mirror.

I used Car Toys and they did a great job. I had them put in a backup camera while they were at it and they custom fabricated the camera mount to tuck it nice and tight above my license plate. I'm surprised at how handy the backup camera is on the vette. I don't love how the camera looks, but given that it is external to the body, I don't think they could have done any better. I saw it before they custom fabricated the mount and it was bad bad bad.

I had put a top-end Kenwood in my wife's Porsche and that had a nicer nav system and was easier to use but it turned into a brick in less than a year. Car Toys replaced it and the second unit also turned into a brick. After that I switched to Pioneer for her too and it worked great. Plus, once you get into CarPlay or Android Auto, you don't have to see the ugliness of the Pioneer interface.

Good luck!
Old 12-15-2017, 08:38 AM
bjmsam
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mggray87
I already purchased the newest Mapping CD for my system. but id love to pair my Galaxy S8 so I can run Pandora in my car and get some music.
According to the C6 Audio FAQ in the Audio / Electronics section, BT can be added to the stock HU:
Originally Posted by TheKomoman
Parrot Bluetooth adaptor install Nice write up!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1&page=1&pp=20

NEW - Plug and play Bluetooth
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1600739
PDF of Parrot Bluetooth install
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzev28k6/s...oothHow-To.pdf
That said, replacing the head unit offers myriad advantages and can significantly narrow the technology gap between the C6 and newer vehicles. I am a fan of pure Android head units that run apps natively; more info in my signature block below. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To replace my 08 z06 Nav

Quick Reply: replace my 08 z06 Nav