Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

I hate my car. Nothing seems to go right.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 11:41 PM
Jayfabs
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by fattiremike
I feel your pain.... I just spent all weekend clear coating a hood that a local paint shop left with sanding scratches and a burn-through. I'm getting to the point that if you want something done right, do it yourself! I have a door and a quarter that he burned through as well. I kept after him to fix it, but then do I really want this POS working on my car anymore? My hood now looks like a 9/10, not a 5/10, because of the sole fact that I give more than 2 *****. Literally, my car has more flaws in the paint than when I dropped it off. And I paid 7K for that bullshit. Let's not get to how Discount Tire rubbed a bunch of powder coat off of my wheels when they were mounting the tires, which I bought from them. At least they offered to fix them, but I just touch it up with a Sharpie. I don't want the downtime or the hassle. Oh, and I have a set of flawless machine-finish Z06 wheels in my storage. You know why they are flawless? Because the guy that I bough them from had them F'd up by Discount Tire and he took them to court and won. They sent them to a refinishing shop in So-Cal and when he got them back he sold them to me.

The point that I am trying to make is that you are not alone in your frustration. But when I am behind the wheel and everything is working and the sun is out and life is good.... It's all worth it to me. If it's not for you, then sell it and get something else. Life is to short.
Were they wet sanding the paint and burned threw the clear? That sucks. I just found a small shop I’m happy with. I had to have my rockers fixed a repainted. The previous owner broke them by not using jacking pucks.

Last edited by Jayfabs; 02-20-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:18 AM
fattiremike
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know if they had a drunk fest the night before delivery or what, but when I paid the final bill it was all good. He burned through with his buffer on the hood, the door and the right rear quarter. I have some work to do.

His work:

In my shop:

Finished product:

Man, I was good before this thread... Now I'm pissed again. Lol....
Old 02-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Jayfabs
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by fattiremike
I don't know if they had a drunk fest the night before delivery or what, but when I paid the final bill it was all good. He burned through with his buffer on the hood, the door and the right rear quarter. I have some work to

Man, I was good before this thread... Now I'm pissed again. Lol....
geez that is horrible. Good thing you have a shop to fix that in.

Quick Reply: I hate my car. Nothing seems to go right.