Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Thinking About Selling - 2011 z06/z07

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 10:51 PM
Pappa Prich
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thinking About Selling - 2011 z06/z07

2011 C6 Z06 / 3LZ / Z07 / Black / Black --- It’s a true Z07 car and I’m the second owner. First owner was a collector and this was a garage queen for him. He bought it and sold it back to the same dealership, so I had the history from mile one. I bought it with under 15K three years ago and it now has under 21K.

As used cars go, it’s in the best possible condition that you’ll find for a car that was also driven on the street as a toy. It has a full 3” Corsa cat back with high-flow cats and 1 7/8 American Racing headers, Vararam Intake, installed and dyno tuned by (the one and only Fran) RPM. The car has been serviced by Criswell Corvette which is one of the best dealerships in the country (scheduled fluids). New front tires with less than 1,000 miles.

Thinking around $50k to let it go ... thoughts?

Old 12-06-2018, 12:50 AM
SivaSuryaKshatriya
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I paid $41k for my one owner Z06 with 6700 miles. And I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't have paid that much for it. Your car sounds pretty nice, but with 20k miles and some mods on it (the kind of buyer with $50k to spend usually wants something bone stock and low mileage), I wouldn't realistically expect more than $42k. The Z07 package also further reduces the target market as I'm sure a lot of people don't wanna deal with the expensive brake replacement.

Last edited by SivaSuryaKshatriya; 12-06-2018 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:43 AM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

I wouldn't sell for less than very high 40's.

The ZO7 package only adds significant value over a standard ZO6, including the brakes..
Old 12-06-2018, 02:40 AM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SivaSuryaKshatriya
I paid $41k for my one owner Z06 with 6700 miles. And I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't have paid that much for it. Your car sounds pretty nice, but with 20k miles and some mods on it (the kind of buyer with $50k to spend usually wants something bone stock and low mileage), I wouldn't realistically expect more than $42k. The Z07 package also further reduces the target market as I'm sure a lot of people don't wanna deal with the expensive brake replacement.
While you are correct....$50K is never gonna happen..to say the Z07 package would decrease value is asinine. Just because you cant afford a brake job on a carbon ceramic car doesnt mean the rest of us cant. I'd litetally only want CCB's...

Last edited by triblk6spd; 12-06-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:53 AM
ccryder
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like a nice Z07 and a good color, interior 3LZ option, etc..with solid ownership/maintenance history as well. Assume you have all of the original docs, etc for it too based on your history, which many potential buyers will want (window sticker, owners manual, CCB rotor covers that came with the Z07 cars, etc). In my selling experience, mods in general will shrink the potential buyer pool, especially mods done on these rarer Z07 models, but if you have all of the original parts removed that go with the car, that will help (as an example, the OEM 2011 Z exhaust system, is desirable) In terms of pricing, most of the Z07s I have seen sell are going in the mid 40s, with low miles, all original, solid history, etc...and some are going higher that are 12/13s MYs Z07s, and fully optioned out (contrast stitching, headlight color change, Cup wheels, B92 hood, battery package, car cover, etc). Good luck with your sale, sounds like a nice 2011 Z07, that somebody will love owning next!

Last edited by ccryder; 12-06-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Sounds beautiful, mods are tasteful & not over the top.
That said methinks it's priced tad high.
While option/trim-line is as desirable as they come, it's also 7 going on 8 years old w/20K.
Doesn't sound like heads have been addressed also, informed buyers will expect a discount for that.

G/L, might get close to asking come Spring?
Shame it'd have to be sold to start, sounds like the perfect pleasure ride.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:46 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

You'll get mid to high $40's for sure on a 2011 Z07 w/low miles. IMO it wouldn't go for anything that starts with a 5, as that's getting into ZR1 territory.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:58 PM
skidz88
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Sounds like a copy of my car. I have 24k miles on my black 3LZ Z07, I paid $49k for it. Love the car to bits, had the heads built, installed cam, headers, exhaust. Left everything else alone. Might get a set of wheels for it, but that's it. Wouldn't imagine letting mine go for less than $45k, if ever at all.

This is the most desirable spec of Corvette IMO, as it has everything a ZR1 has, but with an LS7, the largest and highest revving LS in a production Vette and there will never be one larger because the C7 and upcoming C8 are FI with smaller engines. I chose getting a Z07 over a ZR1 or even a C7 because of its rarity and special factor.

I'd be more worried about buying a 5000 mile 10 year old car, as it has sat for most of its life. I believe a car should be exercised regularly to keep moving parts lubricated and free of rust and corrosion. 20-30k miles on these cars is nothing, and only shows it has been enjoyed by a previous owner when the occasion called for it.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:53 PM
BigVette427
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 253 Posts

I hesitated to remove my OE airbox for the Airaid but it's the only thing under the hood that doesn't look stock, and of course I have it if anyone ever wanted to put it back on. Mod's that detract from the way the car originally looked or drove are often factors in a lower overall resale value, but there are always exceptions, of course.

You only need one buyer, and once you find someone that is interested if they like your car, it's not like they have a whole lot of choices. If you're paying by the week to list your ad, you may have to adjust the price as you go if you really want to sell it, otherwise put it up there for however much you think it is worth and let the ad go. No joy rides, test drive upon agreement to purcahse or something like that. It is what it is - there's a butt for every seat.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:21 PM
SivaSuryaKshatriya
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
While you are correct....$50K is never gonna happen..to say the Z07 package would decrease value is asinine. Just because you cant afford a brake job on a carbon ceramic car doesnt mean the rest of us cant. I'd litetally only want CCB's...
I'm not saying it's reducing the car's value, just the amount of people that would be interested in the car, which leads to longer sell times.

Also, I never said anything about my own ability to afford the brake job, just that a lot of people wouldn't want to deal with it. But if it makes you feel better about yourself go ahead

Last edited by SivaSuryaKshatriya; 12-06-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Pappa Prich
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks everyone for the comments --- the majority of your thoughts mirror my own. I certainly don't need to sell the car, but I'm thinking about future options and if I can find the right buyer for the right value, I may let it go. The nice thing is that I don't have to sell it and I know the condition that it's in, so to the right buyer that's looking for a solid car this would be a great fit, but I can direct the sale the way that I want to. I have all of the original paperwork - window sticker, manual, brake covers, etc...

Originally Posted by Landru
Sounds beautiful, mods are tasteful & not over the top.
That said methinks it's priced tad high.
While option/trim-line is as desirable as they come, it's also 7 going on 8 years old w/20K.
Doesn't sound like heads have been addressed also, informed buyers will expect a discount for that.

G/L, might get close to asking come Spring?
Shame it'd have to be sold to start, sounds like the perfect pleasure ride.
Hey Man - feel free to stay in touch. I'm not going to push to sell the car so it will most likely still be here in the Spring. If you have interest let me know.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (12-07-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 10:02 AM
slammin86
Burning Brakes

Received 392 Likes on 205 Posts

I guess I'm the oddball but I feel like 50K should be reachable.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default True dat

Originally Posted by skidz88
Sounds like a copy of my car. I have 24k miles on my black 3LZ Z07, I paid $49k for it. Love the car to bits, had the heads built, installed cam, headers, exhaust. Left everything else alone. Might get a set of wheels for it, but that's it. Wouldn't imagine letting mine go for less than $45k, if ever at all.

This is the most desirable spec of Corvette IMO, as it has everything a ZR1 has, but with an LS7, the largest and highest revving LS in a production Vette and there will never be one larger because the C7 and upcoming C8 are FI with smaller engines. I chose getting a Z07 over a ZR1 or even a C7 because of its rarity and special factor.

I'd be more worried about buying a 5000 mile 10 year old car, as it has sat for most of its life. I believe a car should be exercised regularly to keep moving parts lubricated and free of rust and corrosion. 20-30k miles on these cars is nothing, and only shows it has been enjoyed by a previous owner when the occasion called for it.
Agree 100%. Best year, best package, Z07. Whoever thinks that the Z07 package reduce the desirability is sadly mistaken.
seamus2154 (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:24 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

This has been discussed in the Zo7 sticky. Many try 50-52K last 2 years the ones that sell are always around 48K. There are only 288 of them not that many for sale at the same time, comparisons are tough. I have the identical car with 24K on it and it wouldn't leave my hands for less than 48K. I have owned many corvettes over the years. Many. This is the only one I have ever kept for 8 years. It is that special and cool.
My vote is it will land at 46-48K if pristine.
Pappa Prich (12-10-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking About Selling - 2011 z06/z07

Quick Reply: Thinking About Selling - 2011 z06/z07