Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Just checked the z06 values on kbb

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 09:25 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
Just to say a lot of blah blah on here.I advertised my mint 2011 Zr1,3Zr with 6800 kilometers.around 4000 miles had it down to $65 k on this forum all i got is wow it wont last ,what a great deal etc.... I sold it for much more through another source.Lots of lookers here ,very few serious buyers.My car should have sold on this forum the first day i posted it.Lots of compliments and the usual oh i wish i was ready and what a super deal but no one stepped up.The car was worth this money at an auction and still no one serious came forward. So whoever says guys on here are asking too much i dont buy that for a minute.The lack of serious buyers is the real story here.
You nailed it, lots of dreamers and tire kickers here.

Seen a 2008 FOR over $50k HERE just the other day.....its nice, will never bring that, but that is the point, unrealistic prices being asked for 8 year old cars, I do not care what the mileage is on it.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:13 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by camirocz
Just to say a lot of blah blah on here.I advertised my mint 2011 Zr1,3Zr with 6800 kilometers.around 4000 miles had it down to $65 k on this forum all i got is wow it wont last ,what a great deal etc.... I sold it for much more through another source.Lots of lookers here ,very few serious buyers.My car should have sold on this forum the first day i posted it.Lots of compliments and the usual oh i wish i was ready and what a super deal but no one stepped up.The car was worth this money at an auction and still no one serious came forward. So whoever says guys on here are asking too much i dont buy that for a minute.The lack of serious buyers is the real story here.
Amen to that! You get people on there telling you what a great car glws. Those people have no interest in buying so why bother to post their remarks? If I'm selling a car I don't want people telling me what they like or dislike about it, check out the ad and move along. It's very frustrating when your trying to sell a car.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtRod
They may be last generation's vette but they still cost new generation money to mod and repair. An LS7 is one gamble just not worth it to some .
You're not shopping/going to the right places then.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:30 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3_Beast
It's crazy how much their values have dropped in the last six months. I paid $30k for my Z06 seven months ago and put in about $6,500 worth of upgrades and can't even get $29,500 for it now. I really really enjoyed it though, and I knew I would never get all my money back.

But I agree, some people expect soooo much more than what the car is worth. Like other said, don't bash the seller and just move on to the next deal
Or stop whining & make an offer on the car if they want it.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:14 PM
Austinbelair
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for an 07-08 Z or a 2010+ GS now and can't really find any screaming deals. Of course I don't have big dollars to throw at it but I am a "Dreamer" in most car related regards.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Skanlez
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Austinbelair
I'm looking for an 07-08 Z or a 2010+ GS now and can't really find any screaming deals. Of course I don't have big dollars to throw at it but I am a "Dreamer" in most car related regards.
Be patient, you'll find a good deal
Old 04-20-2016, 12:43 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Here is a funny one, a "member" here puts a car they have up for sale, I do a search of their recent posts, they are asking how to launch the car, how to get better times at the track, in my mind they are asking legitimate questions for a vehicle they want to race.

I love to drag race, but if I am buying a corvette do I want one that has been beaten down and beaten to hell being tracked and or drag raced ???

Nope........I want that old man, garage queen, low mileage, battery minded, lavished with love car, then if I want to put a ton of miles on it, well its my miles I am putting on it.

I rarely sell toys I like, if I do not like them I sell/trade them, but the two vette's I have are keepers.

Just an observation for members selling cars here as well, I found one by VIN Searching that was sold for $6k less that they were asking for it here recently, the mods deleted my references to the online price it was supposedly bought for, seller might have been a car flipper, maybe he just thought he could make $$$$ off it.

If you are a dealer or flipper say you are, do not portend to be a regular CF Member.......it will not work out for you as the internet remembers everything.

I have 21 of the 35 Atomic ZR1 Vin Numbers saved, that is how extensive my searching has been for one.........still did not find one quick enough that was not deposited prior to me calling and I look all day, every day, multiple methods a day for that car.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:14 PM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207
I disagree, plenty here are desperate to sell, every time a thread is started as a WTB you can see how many members are either PM'ing or posting about my car is for sale, some guys have been trying to sell their car for a long time, its not selling for a reason, PRICE is too high......otherwise when priced correctly here they go really fast.

As someone who owns two now and is on the hunt for a 3rd ( ZR1 this time ) I go into this or any vehicle purchase not expecting like some do to get the great majority of my money back.

As you stated they are mass produced, other than color and a few options like 1LZ, 2LZ, 3LZ they are for all arguments the same car as far as C6/Z06 is concerned.

Yes there are your Carbon's and low color produced which will garner more $$$ but only to the right buyer on the right car, with the right options and amount of miles and service records with a clean history and 1 or 2 owners.

Because this is not a "FOR SALE" thread forum Mods cannot come in here and delete the truth as they do many times in a For Sale thread !

The truth is they are worth whatever someone wants to pay, if nobody wants to pay over $60K or $50K or $40K or even $30K on some of these early 06-higher mileage models that is the price.

The horror of a 6-8 year old C6 that has miles, over 15K around here is cause for a massive devaluation, get over 30K miles and it might as well be junked, no head work, deduct $4K, no GMMP warranty then Deduct for that, but at the same time you hold the values up to the higher price point.

Its either worth it or its not, I have a buddy in FL looking for a high mileage, over 15K mile ZR1, so he can destroy it by putting a glide in it and a bunch of mods internally to make a drag car out of it, he already has a mid 8 second CTS-V and a mid 7 second Buick GN, he likes to go fast.

But around here everyone with a unrealistic price cannot be told its not worth that much, gets deleted, they cannot be asked a open question, gets deleted, so they sit around for months or years unsold.

One seller turned down a cashiers check recently for about $1k less than asking.........seriously, you want to hold out for $1k while you pay insurance every month and pay whatever else for $1K, I can blow that much in an hour at the poker table and not care ??

Guess I look at this a lot different than the rest of you guys do, my 09 has 38.5K miles on it, same heads, drove it 5 hours and 200 miles Sunday......why have it when you just look at it ?

On Edit : There is page after page after page here of fine examples of well cared for Z06's and ZR1's........there is a reason there is that many pages of them for sale, like boats they are easy to buy and tough to sell......buy high and sell low is the norm, especially at dealers, they give nothing on a trade unless you are taking it in the shorts on the other end new car purchase.
My greatest point was that outside of other Corvette's for sale, there isn't another make/model that can touch this car at this price (in regards to both performance and style) - not even close.

That makes this car sit in a unique position. There rarely is another make/model in the $30-45K range that matches this car overall. That is part of the reason why this car isn't depreciating much anymore. Base/Z51's are going for high 20's...and the bargain of the decade is really a C5 Z06 at this point which is easily found in the high teens (as they have for almost 8 years now). Outside of those two cars (which are other Corvettes), there isn't much competition against the Z06 in general. There aren't any alternatives other than perhaps another Z06. Eventually, these cars will be rare enough that the price gets rather stubborn...kinda like the GTO's and Cobalt SS/TC's but perhaps less rarity than those but more desirable for it's performance offering.

Besides, this is also why I don't pay cash in full for a car, ever. I'm in total agreement that cars are not investments...as in you will lose money on them. Buy it. Drive it. But make no mistake, the demand for this car will only go up. It isn't in production anymore and there is a high interest for raw, un-EPA-adultered, N/A American muscle. Why? Because that is the way of the dinosaur. Blowers and electric motors are in now.

More time = less C6Z's available.

Last edited by fueledpassion; 04-20-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:42 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Bank finance charges add in unneccesary costs upfront and for overall ownership to the vehicle as do sales taxes, you will not get those back, they are a cost of the ownership depending on your state of residence and financial ability to buy one of these, which is why you see many members here trying to work their sale out to get back either sales tax dollars via a higher than market price or trade the car in with their local dealer and sell their car to their buyer to avoid the sales tax hit again.

If I can use the banks money cheap enough I will as in the case of the 2013/427, I got 60 months at 1.99% with no money down....I can do better with my personal money elsewhere so I took the loan and expensed it to my business as a 100% write-off and it may or may not go more than the end of the year before I pay it off.

I did the same thing on my 2009 Z06, purchased it in 2014, wrote it off in 2014/2015 and now its paid for as of last year.

They may go up in value over time, but the CF forum and Car gurus always have them for sale, in the case of the most popular colors they are always abundant and always for sale, black especially.

There are over 440 Z06/ZR1 for sale on there right now and 398 pages of them here for sale.

The C5 was plagued with electrical issues, from the ABS module, to the door modules, to the HVAC and Radio as well as the Outside Air Temp sensors, my son has a 2001 C5 coupe and I have had to fix every single one of those items on his C5 to make it reliable, they are somewhat easy fixes but the ABS Module can be a tough one.

I even see those for the mid $20k's, I do not think they are worth it compared to a C6 with a LS3 vs the C5 even with the 405HP/Z06 option.

I am waiting for the financial mess to hit again, hoping a fire sale on a cream puff ZR1 from a seller pops up.

Just my way of looking ahead at what is likely to happen, the writing is already on the wall, just have to look for it.

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 04-20-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:00 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe they coment because it bumps your thread to the top. Maybe because they cant tell the seller he should sit on the car real hard because its against the rules
The following users liked this post:
Djatwater (06-25-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 03:14 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Originally Posted by SgtRod
Maybe they coment because it bumps your thread to the top. Maybe because they cant tell the seller he should sit on the car real hard because its against the rules
Lots of things are against the rules when selling here, in fact I don't even bother anymore with For Sale threads here, I find that the sellers have mostly well-cared for examples, lots of real garage queens, but when the seller becomes evasive with answering questions, or when the seller "TTT" every day and it has 4000 views and 3 replies and you cannot tell them your price is too high then why bother.

It will sell for the right price, a Black 2013 with Yellow Calipers and Stitching just sold here in a matter of days, I assume the negotiation went well off the board as it had very little sale time and was gone.

I cannot remember what the asking price was, but it was priced to sell or the buyer decided it was worth the asking price, either way it went quick.

That should be of value to the many sellers here on how its done, create a well written ad, post very good pics, and price it accordingly and accept a fair offer.

Less than a week and its heading to a new owner.

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 04-20-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:27 PM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Bank finance charges add in unneccesary costs upfront and for overall ownership to the vehicle as do sales taxes, you will not get those back, they are a cost of the ownership depending on your state of residence and financial ability to buy one of these, which is why you see many members here trying to work their sale out to get back either sales tax dollars via a higher than market price or trade the car in with their local dealer and sell their car to their buyer to avoid the sales tax hit again.

If I can use the banks money cheap enough I will as in the case of the 2013/427, I got 60 months at 1.99% with no money down....I can do better with my personal money elsewhere so I took the loan and expensed it to my business as a 100% write-off and it may or may not go more than the end of the year before I pay it off.

I did the same thing on my 2009 Z06, purchased it in 2014, wrote it off in 2014/2015 and now its paid for as of last year.

They may go up in value over time, but the CF forum and Car gurus always have them for sale, in the case of the most popular colors they are always abundant and always for sale, black especially.

There are over 440 Z06/ZR1 for sale on there right now and 398 pages of them here for sale.

The C5 was plagued with electrical issues, from the ABS module, to the door modules, to the HVAC and Radio as well as the Outside Air Temp sensors, my son has a 2001 C5 coupe and I have had to fix every single one of those items on his C5 to make it reliable, they are somewhat easy fixes but the ABS Module can be a tough one.

I even see those for the mid $20k's, I do not think they are worth it compared to a C6 with a LS3 vs the C5 even with the 405HP/Z06 option.

I am waiting for the financial mess to hit again, hoping a fire sale on a cream puff ZR1 from a seller pops up.

Just my way of looking ahead at what is likely to happen, the writing is already on the wall, just have to look for it.
Financial mess, I see the writing on the wall too, unfortunately.

As for mid 20's for a C5, no bueno. I was thinking an average conditioned, high-mileage LS1/6 C5 for $12-16K. I've seen quite a few in that range, but typical Z06's are going for $18K though. Still, a well kept C5 in need of maybe $1-2K in repairs/upgrades going for low-mid teens is still a lot of car, IMO.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:09 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by teghogh
I was just wondering why there is such a disparity between the kbb suggested value of 33k for 2007 2lz with 22k miles and the prices that are being asked here.
Im once again in the market to buy another z
Given the hell i went theough selling my mint condition 07 z 3 years ago i know how bad the market is for these cars
If kbb excellent suggest 35k , one is lucky to get the fair condition value of 33k for it.
And yet the owners dont budge below 38k
Im not trying to lowball anyone. But will not over pay either. If you see one in california let me knwow got cash in hand ready to go
949 412 1521
If you want a quality car that's been well taken care of with original documentation and perhaps original or only 2 owners expect to pay more then
Kbb

If the car has had multiple owners and been through several auto auctions and has the pedigree of a crack ***** all be it with a clean non salvage you will pay less. But it may cost you more in the long run.

Use your common sense and judgment.

Also , this forum has lots of tire kickers and most would prefer to trade in their car. And get the same $'s versus hassling with selling it directly. Then guys like you have to go to a dealer to make your purchase. Then you can work the dealer for a warranty.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 04-20-2016 at 07:13 PM.
RidgeRunner0207 (04-20-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah this forum is terrible for buying and selling everything..

Everyone here thinks they should be able to dictate what fair price is..

I don't think I've ever sold
A vehicle on here, and only found 1 to buy..

The only parts I've had luck with selling were things that people posted looking to buy adds for.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Sean_C
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

I personally look forward to buying a car off here in the near future when I'm financially ready.... the quality and care for the car seems to be greater in here versus the dealership and the car just being another number that the dealer wants to push out.... also since I'm gonna be looking for one with the heads fixed and no dealership car I've seen so far has had that.

also being that the car is my dream car I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for THE RIGHT ONE pending what my credit union deems "worth it"
Old 04-21-2016, 09:44 AM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Back when I was in the market (I have one now so I'm not anymore), I remember stopping by Corvette World in Dallas. Guy had an 08' JSB 3LZ with 100K miles and wanted $34.5K. Based on CF pricing, it was $4-5K too high and I told him I'd give him $31K for it. He didn't budge and said he won't come down because he "knows" this car will go for $34.5K within a week or two. I was shocked and hated that he wouldn't come down because it was a CLEAN, CLEAN JSB. Far better looking that my MS 06 1LZ. Having realized that I would have to crack open the engine anyways and mod the car, I'd have taken that offer for sure.

Anyways, this was a great example where a guy that sells these things often (he had about 40 Corvettes in his garage at the time) had a huge difference of opinion on what a high mileage, well-kept Z was worth on the market. CF would have said the car was hardly sellable unless it went for less than $30K...that car sold within 2-3 weeks of the time I made my offer.

So while CF is a good starting point, the fact is, the market fluctuates almost monthly and especially during different seasons. Take any $35K Z06 right now and wait 3 months and the same quality/ year/ mileage car will go for $1.5-3K more. Demand is everything.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:41 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
Back when I was in the market (I have one now so I'm not anymore), I remember stopping by Corvette World in Dallas. Guy had an 08' JSB 3LZ with 100K miles and wanted $34.5K. Based on CF pricing, it was $4-5K too high and I told him I'd give him $31K for it. He didn't budge and said he won't come down because he "knows" this car will go for $34.5K within a week or two. I was shocked and hated that he wouldn't come down because it was a CLEAN, CLEAN JSB. Far better looking that my MS 06 1LZ. Having realized that I would have to crack open the engine anyways and mod the car, I'd have taken that offer for sure.

Anyways, this was a great example where a guy that sells these things often (he had about 40 Corvettes in his garage at the time) had a huge difference of opinion on what a high mileage, well-kept Z was worth on the market. CF would have said the car was hardly sellable unless it went for less than $30K...that car sold within 2-3 weeks of the time I made my offer.

So while CF is a good starting point, the fact is, the market fluctuates almost monthly and especially during different seasons. Take any $35K Z06 right now and wait 3 months and the same quality/ year/ mileage car will go for $1.5-3K more. Demand is everything.
Having grown up 10 minutes from Bethel, CT where famously PT. Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute..........the same can be said of Darwin.......given enough time and the right conditions things eventually correct themselves.

Point is when someone walks into a "Corvette World" they are awed by the amount of choices, buyers get emotional and stop being rational, that is why people wind up paying more than they should.

Just because someone won't sell it to you for what you think its worth does not mean someone else may think its worth more.....to each their own.

Its just like when the ZR1's first came out, dealers were gouging, adding a premium to the MSRP, and buyers paid that to have one first, and after a while the same cars were being heavily discounted to move them off the lots as they didn't sell anymore at that inflated price.

That is why you see some sellers reluctant to lower price, they bought too high and now will not accept that they have to sell for a lower price than they want for it.

There is a thread here on Carbon's, one Carbon owner wants to keep the prices as high as possible to protect his investment, maybe he can and maybe he cannot, but he can try.

All it takes is for them to start selling for less than expected and the bottom will fall out of those as well.

They are cars, they are fun, but long after I am gone and if my kids keep my collection maybe they will be worth something in 30-40 years.

Get notified of new replies

To Just checked the z06 values on kbb

Old 04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
fueledpassion
Burning Brakes

Having grown up 10 minutes from Bethel, CT where famously PT. Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute..........the same can be said of Darwin.......given enough time and the right conditions things eventually correct themselves.

Point is when someone walks into a "Corvette World" they are awed by the amount of choices, buyers get emotional and stop being rational, that is why people wind up paying more than they should.

Just because someone won't sell it to you for what you think its worth does not mean someone else may think its worth more.....to each their own.

Its just like when the ZR1's first came out, dealers were gouging, adding a premium to the MSRP, and buyers paid that to have one first, and after a while the same cars were being heavily discounted to move them off the lots as they didn't sell anymore at that inflated price.

That is why you see some sellers reluctant to lower price, they bought too high and now will not accept that they have to sell for a lower price than they want for it.

There is a thread here on Carbon's, one Carbon owner wants to keep the prices as high as possible to protect his investment, maybe he can and maybe he cannot, but he can try.

All it takes is for them to start selling for less than expected and the bottom will fall out of those as well.

They are cars, they are fun, but long after I am gone and if my kids keep my collection maybe they will be worth something in 30-40 years.

I think so too. I paid too much for mine, but at the time it was pretty average pricing for a very clean 06 that had only 1 owner. Nonetheless, I'm willing to take a loss should I need to sell it but truthfully, I'd love to just keep it, keep modding it, keep taking care of it and keeping it updated with performance mods as they come out (still getting advancements in performance for the LS platforms) and enjoy the car with the family as time goes on. I paid for it to create memories, not to "have some free fun" so to speak.

We ought to just create a Corvette union and control the market pricing, lol - kinda like the diamond market. It's not illegal for individuals to do so, only commercial, for profit companies.

Last edited by fueledpassion; 04-21-2016 at 11:29 AM.
RidgeRunner0207 (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 11:32 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
I think so too. I paid too much for mine, but at the time it was pretty average pricing for a very clean 06 that had only 1 owner. Nonetheless, I'm willing to take a loss should I need to sell it but truthfully, I'd love to just keep it, keep modding it, keep taking care of it and keeping it updated with performance mods as they come out (still getting advancements in performance for the LS platforms) and enjoy the car with the family as time goes on. I paid for it to create memories, not to "have some free fun" so to speak.

We ought to just create a Corvette union and control the market pricing, lol. It's not illegal for individuals to do so, only commercial, for profit companies.
This is the whole point of ownership, there is no value placed on enjoyment and memories, especially when they are memories with your spouse, you parents or your kids.....you only overpay when its NOT worth it to you, and then accept it and move on, if you need to sell then you deal with the lesser value when that comes.

My very good friend likes to tell me all the time, every day you do not drive your corvette is one less day you do not get to drive your corvette.

Hence the reason my 2009 Z06 has almost 39K miles on it.......I do not want to regret not driving it just because it may lose value, or get a few chips or whatever goes along with that mentality of waxing and looking at a car.

I equate that to having a knock-out for a wife......are you going to leave her alone because you want the next guy to enjoy her ????

I will leave it at that !!

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 04-21-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:21 PM
Fabio-Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I just read thru the first 3 pages of this thread that started back in January.

Just for the hell of it i went on KBB myself just now and put in my cars' info:

2006 C6z,
8900 miles
Black,
Nav
19+ wheels
Excellent condition

Price $40,361.

I guess now that summer is on the way, prices went back up....

To those who believe mileage doesn't mean much, i would say you are totally wrong. Besides condition, Mileage is a very close second and means a whole lot to alot of real potential buyers.

Last edited by Fabio-Z06; 04-21-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Just checked the z06 values on kbb